Author Topic: '91 Chevy Silverado passes 1-million mile mark.  (Read 4764 times)

mfree

• friend
Re: '91 Chevy Silverado passes 1-million mile mark.
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2008, 07:51:21 AM »
My parents and eventually my Lincoln Mark V made it too... only work it ever had done was a top end rebuild (i.e. valve job) and that was well past 150K.

That car got parked a 278K and we finally pawned it off to a cousin of mine... it had been sitting for 4 years at that point, he blew up the tires, dribbled a spoonful of gas down the carb, hooked up some jumper cables...

...and drove it home. No idea what happened past that, we all assume he's chopped it up by now, that marque had a kickass truck engine and transmission in it and a disc brake 9" rear end that racers used to kill for...

EDIT:

PS does my Tbird's 30 minute, $15 water pump replacements count? Only needed 4 of them before I wised up and replaced the fan...

Chris

Re: '91 Chevy Silverado passes 1-million mile mark.
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2008, 08:08:02 AM »
My 96 Dodge Intrepid has 156,000 miles on it, and the only repairs have been the normal wear and tear things, like brakes, tires, battery.  At 140,, I changed the ignition wires because I'd developed a miss, and the problem went away.  Of course, I have no air conditioning, thanks to an idiot teen driver that backed into the Intrepid and ruined the condensor.  Cracked the radiator, too, but I can't blame a replacement radiator on the car.