Author Topic: Police Report: Are you a terrorist/militia person?  (Read 7492 times)

GeoJAP

Police Report: Are you a terrorist/militia person?
« on: March 12, 2009, 02:52:28 PM »
Do you have any Molon Labe gear?  Terrorist.  You should see all the other more or less normal activity that will get you labeled as a militia member or terrorist in this report by the Missouri state police.

Disclaimer: I live in a huge city, don't know anyone in a militia, don't know anything about militias, am not involved with any in any way and don't give a rat's ass about them. It is the government's paranoia and their characterization of some normal behaviors and free thinking which concerns me.

I happen to like the police in my city (Austin) quite a bit as they have dealt with me very fairly in the past. I go out of my way to help them and treat them with respect since they have a difficult job, and they reciprocate. It's a two way street. But this report seems like it will have the effect of making everyone the enemy, in the eyes of the police, who do not toe the line on everything the mainstream media and two political parties want us to think. It seems to want to make those who think independently the enemies and targets of the police.

Report (make sure your browser window is wide enough):

Declaration Day

• friends
Re: Police Report: Are you a terrorist/militia person?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 03:13:19 PM »
Do you have any Molon Labe gear?  Terrorist.  You should see all the other more or less normal activity that will get you labeled as a militia member or terrorist in this report by the Missouri state police.

Disclaimer: I live in a huge city, don't know anyone in a militia, don't know anything about militias, am not involved with any in any way and don't give a rat's ass about them. It is the government's paranoia and their characterization of some normal behaviors and free thinking which concerns me.

Good to know you don't give a rat's ass about us.  Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.   :lol:

I'm the APS resident militia guy, and this was first brought to my attention early this morning.  I read that "report" and I don't think I could find a deeper pile of bovine excrement on a cattle ranch.

Just one example: The "Hutaree Militia" mentioned on the second to last page is not popular, has no units in any other state, nor have they influenced any unit that I am aware of.  They're a handful of religious whackos who are "Preparing for the end time battles to keep the testimony of Jesus Christ alive".

See for yourself:  www.hutaree.com
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 03:20:10 PM by Declaration Day »

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 03:23:07 PM »
Slipshod report . . . for example, saying the term "Molon Labe" was made popular by the movie 300 is incorrect, as it was in use before the movie was released. (Actually, I don't remember the Greek phrase actually being used by the Leonidas character in the recent movie, though it definitely was in 1962's The 300 Spartans.)

The "Republic of Texas" types mentioned were just a bunch of con men who tried to get out of paying debts by asserting problems with Texas' annexation to the USA. So they set up their own government and tried to pay their bills with imaginary money drawn on a nonexistent bank. (They were mildly amusing until they - for some odd reason - kidnapped a neighbor.)

And really, most militias today are to all intents and purposes arms of the Federal government, since those who joined since the OKC bombing are likely agents of the FBI, DEA, BATF, or some other alphabet agency.  :police:

They actually should worry more about criminal gangs like MS-13 or ecoterrorists like Earth First or Animal Liberation Front - they're a lot more dangerous and have caused a lot more harm than these so-called "militia" groups.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Sawdust

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 03:27:00 PM »
But you see, the more imaginary boogeymen that you can conjure begits more money to expand the force and buy military toys.

Sawdust
Retain what's coming in; send off what is retreating.

Well, you going to pull those pistols boy,
or just whistle Dixie?

I'm your huckleberry.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 03:34:01 PM »

Just one example: The "Hutaree Militia" mentioned ....They're a handful of religious whackos who ....
See for yourself:  www.hutaree.com

:lol:

They have a link to "Cheaper than Dirt" on their "Gear Links" page.   Whacko, indeed.
7-11 was a part time job.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 03:35:06 PM »
This is more laughable than the fraudulent "Glock Memos"* that police departments used to fax to each other in the '90s to justify getting machine guns from Uncle Sugar after the '94 VCCA.  Love how the feds generate the same nonsense to kick to the top to give some Podunk posting in Missouri the toys that the big boys have. :rolleyes:

*Memos stating how simple Glocks were to make fully automatic.  It was always a gang from a nearby large city--I've seen Los Angeles, Denver, Dallas, Chicago, New York City, Atlanta.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 03:35:34 PM »
What's hilarious:  I read the whole thing and noted that it is targeted to state and local LEOs.  It emphasizes the dangers of militias... but never once does it point to a militia having animosity to localized LEOs.

All the targets of ire for the militia movement are Federal constructs.

Seems to be Fed agitprop to control the perspective of local LEO groups.

Slipshod report . . . for example, saying the term "Molon Labe" was made popular by the movie 300 is incorrect, as it was in use before the movie was released. (Actually, I don't remember the Greek phrase actually being used by the Leonidas character in the recent movie, though it definitely was in 1962's The 300 Spartans.)

Spartans!  Throw down your arms!

Persians!  Come and take them!

It was just said in English.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 03:46:19 PM »
Wow.  Not only am *I* a terrorist, (  ;/ ) but my hippiefied lefty (more lefty than I am, lefty) coworker is also a terrorist.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 03:51:38 PM »
And really, most militias today are to all intents and purposes arms of the Federal government, since those who joined since the OKC bombing are likely agents of the FBI, DEA, BATF, or some other alphabet agency.  :police:

They actually should worry more about criminal gangs like MS-13 or ecoterrorists like Earth First or Animal Liberation Front - they're a lot more dangerous and have caused a lot more harm than these so-called "militia" groups.

This^^ Between all the alphabet soup agencies I'd wager the majority of people in the average "militia" are fed.gov employees paid to spy on the group.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 04:41:07 PM »
IMO, it's perhaps even simpler than all that.

It's make-work for the department (MIAC) that makes these reports, they probably run out of things to say about drug dealers, pot farmers, meth-labs etc... And while they're keeping up apperances of looking busy, might as well throw a bone to the political left. A big case of "Hey! White people do bad stuff too!"...  :laugh:

IMO, the political/ideological left, and anyone with an authoritarian streak amongst the political-class-for-life-is/was apopolectic over the "militia movment", because it served as a canary-in-the-mine moment. It's the first hint that, if they "go too far" the American public will indeed get all "shooty" on them at some point.  =D

« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 04:46:26 PM by AJ Dual »
I promise not to duck.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 04:52:44 PM »
Looks fake to me...  :rolleyes:
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 04:59:25 PM »
Just what kind of influence will Canada have? Seriously...Canada? And W.V., Ky, S.C., Tn.,  & N.C. Joining the Euro Union? Did the writer if this thing not think that bit through? Sure Wash D.C. would fit right in along with Boston and New York City but it is hard to imagine five states worth of Good 'Ol Boys wanting to join forces with any part of Europe.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 05:02:39 PM »
Looks like I'll be appending all my dialogue with an "eh" at the end, from the looks of that map.   =D
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 05:12:14 PM »
Texas?  Part of Mexico?   =D

I only lived there for 6 months... but I still think they remember their Alamo.

Texas will be the Republic of Texas.  And it will likely kick Louisiana to the curb rather than join up with them.  Especially after the results of Katrina and the havoc imparted upon charitable orgs in Houston and Austin.

And Alaska, to Russia?  Hmm.  Sounds like HopeChange agitprop on the part of some Ruskie who contributed to that map.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 05:21:27 PM »
Looks like I'll be appending all my dialogue with an "eh" at the end, from the looks of that map.   =D
Good point, eh?

The only terror I've ever initiated came about two hours after that bean burrito...  :O
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2009, 05:50:30 PM »
Indeed...

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2009, 06:04:10 PM »
werewolf for the win   bad fake
president elect?on a piece dated feb 20th?  someone trying to drum up more support with "the gov is picking on us"
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

GeoJAP

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2009, 06:23:33 PM »

Call Captain Hull at the phone number provided on the last page and ask him.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2009, 06:54:36 PM »
Indeed, this would be easy to confirm if fake.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2009, 10:13:23 PM »
Since I live in Misery I see Jay Nixons name on it it and take it as real.
I know there is a MIAC and I know the Homeland Security Secutiry was there today.

I don't have the contacts I did when I was working to be able to tell you if this is really being handed out to the officers or posted in stations.

Wait I post to some of those internet sites! I might be one of them. I wonder who them is?
Maybe that is why I have some many computers to post from.

The whiskey take the Misery away some nights.

Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2009, 12:31:42 AM »
I am also in missouri and am friends with a former state trooper.  I have no doubt this is real.  For some reason they are quite concerned with right-wing militia groups.  Probably get bored busting drunk drivers and speeders all the time... need to come up with some kind of boogeyman.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2009, 02:47:16 AM »
Michigan Militia?  Turner Diaries?  Nobody has dredged those names out in a long time.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2009, 03:16:11 AM »
I guess I am pretty much " a bad person". Not only do I have several Molon Labe hats, I fly the first Navy Jack along side my American flag every day.

bob

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2009, 04:23:55 AM »
I'm sure at least some of it is true- some of it may be photoshopped.  One only has to look to organizations like Southern Poverty Law Center to see why some groups end up being on a list.  If you don't embrace the same liberal causes they do- you belong to a hate group.

They insert a disclaimer into their list, but put anyone they dislike on it anyway.  Interestingly, there are few, if any, black militant groups or Islamic groups on their list.  It's mostly right-leaning white groups.  And the SPLC has the ear of law enforcement. 

Heck, they list The Constitution Party as a Patriot Group.  They don't use "patriot" as a good term.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2009, 06:01:23 AM »
So we have two locals familiar (supposedly) with local law enforcement that think that this is legit. And there's a phone number people can call to verify - has any of the people who deny the reliability of this document done so?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner