Author Topic: Credit card offers  (Read 1021 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
Credit card offers
« on: July 09, 2011, 01:59:36 AM »
Was on Priceline buying a plane ticket to Houston.  Went to pay for the ticket and it offered me $50 off if I signed up for a Priceline rewards VISA card with no annual fee.  $50 is $50, so I went for it.  Read the T&C page and they have 2 interest rates depending on your creditworthiness, and 2 annual fees, $29 and 0.  Filled everything in and pushed the Submit button for instant approval.  Was approved.  Clicked on the new T&C link (who reads the T&C page twice) -- it said I got the lower %13.something interest rate, a $3000 credit limit, and (page down a few times) a $29 annual fee.  WTF is up with that???  I pressed the Cancel button and paid for the ticket with my Cabela's VISA.  I'm going to be really unhappy if a new CC shows up in the mail next week.

I wrote a nastygram to their customer service folks; accused them of a bait-and-switch.   :mad:
"It's good, though..."

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Re: Credit card offers
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 02:13:41 AM »
... bait-and-switch.

SOP for credit cards.

Been without a credit card since '06.  Not slowed me down.  Debit card does everything a CC does but let me spend more than I have.
Formerly sumpnz

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Credit card offers
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 02:22:38 AM »
Been without a credit card since '06.  Not slowed me down.
I run everything thru my Cabela's card and get 1% back -- %2 and %3 back on some stuff.  I pay the balance off every month.  Have gotten several free guns that way.  Was going to get another gun last weekend but the one I wanted that was on sale isn't sold in MN.  (They forgot to mention that in the ad.)  So I got 4 boxes of ammo instead and left most of the "points" on the card for next time.
"It's good, though..."