Author Topic: FBI: Mexicans chased away US agents after shooting?  (Read 18962 times)

freakazoid

• friend
Re: FBI: Mexicans chased away US agents after shooting?
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2010, 01:24:48 PM »
Never in any trouble because he never got caught by the police he was harrassing, before.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/06/10/texas.border.patrol.shooting/index.html?eref=rss_topstories&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher
"My people have spoken to his family. His dad says he was a straight-A student. His secondary school even sent him on an academic trip because of his good grades," Mayor Jose Reyes Ferriz said.

How far away do you guys think that was from where he fired to where the boy was shot? Looked like some distance.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

HankB

• friend
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2010, 01:25:36 PM »
. . . now that one tape is out i expect the gov to show theirs if it helps
Depends who it helps . . . supporting BP isn't as high a priority as supporting illegal aliens.  =(
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2010, 01:31:36 PM »

How far away do you guys think that was from where he fired to where the boy was shot? Looked like some distance.

60 feet according to your article.

I can chuck a baseball sized rock with enough force to crack a skull from 60 feet.

Remember, Tueller distance is 21 feet.  That assumes your attacker has a knife, and you have a firearm.  Change the attacker to a projectile-based weapon such as a rock, and the defensive distance changes accordingly.  50-60 feet is a very reasonable threat range.  About the length of a typical suburban cookie-cutter back yard fence. 
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2010, 01:33:34 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/06/10/texas.border.patrol.shooting/index.html?eref=rss_topstories&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

"They're throwing rocks," witnesses screaming in Spanish can be heard in the background of the video as the officer opens fire. "They hit him ... they hit him."

Good thing no one ever died from getting hit by rocks, otherwise that Boder Patrol officer might have been in fear for his life.

I suppose he should have just let the one criminal he caught go since the rest of the criminals were putting up a fight. I mean, that's how we deal with aggressors, now, isn't it? We give them what they want?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2010, 01:36:16 PM »
http://www.univision.com/content/videoplayer.jhtml?cid=2432212

meat is between one and 2 mins. shows the distance pretty well . i'm on the fence. if the kid he hit in the head dropped where shot its a bit far if he got hit and ran before dropping then its easier to side with the agent. shame they can't just hold the one kid  up between them and the stone throwers. even bigger shame the kid was hit in mexico
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2010, 01:41:55 PM »
darn shame he wasn't alone in the middle of the desert. and some of the witnesses are problematic.  now that one tape is out i expect the gov to show theirs if it helps

I mean "alone" as in "other BP agents/backup not right there with me to help".

"In the area" is not good enough, and passive bystanders, and the illegals Mexican nationals, and other unknown actors don't count either.
I promise not to duck.

• friends
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2010, 01:47:56 PM »
he had backup  closer than the rock throwers though the guy on the bike was closest to the border. he rode up and cut off the kids retreat. good move. i hope they don't screw him but hes under the microscope. hes pumped up and dealing with multiple threats including the unhandcuffed unsearched kid hes holding with one hand.  very easy to second guess and he had about 1 second to make his call.  damn shame all the way around
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2010, 01:56:59 PM »
I can chuck a baseball sized rock with enough force to crack a skull from 60 feet.

20 yards just isn't that far.  I can throw a golf ball hard enough to meet the Texas requirement for it to be considered "deadly force" at that range.  (Reasonably expected to cause serious bodily injury.)  Accurately enough to hit anyone is another question, but if it does, it can do some significant damage.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2010, 02:02:18 PM »
It all hinges on the border-hoppers throwing rocks.

If they were, BP agent was justified in shooting.

I think it is a shame the BP agent had to shoot someone, but I don't think it s a shame a rock-throwing border-hopper got shot.  If he was throwing rocks, he got what he deserved.  I really don;t care what side of the border he was on.

Speculation Time:
Were the only rock-tossers the ones with the (formerly) walking backstop?  The cell phone video, as ate up as it is, shows that there was at least one other group close to the BP officer.

20 yards just isn't that far.  I can throw a golf ball hard enough to meet the Texas requirement for it to be considered "deadly force" at that range.  (Reasonably expected to cause serious bodily injury.)  Accurately enough to hit anyone is another question, but if it does, it can do some significant damage.

Twenty yards is not far enough to be safe from my rock-chucking skills.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2010, 02:03:22 PM »
http://www.univision.com/content/videoplayer.jhtml?cid=2432212

meat is between one and 2 mins. shows the distance pretty well . i'm on the fence. if the kid he hit in the head dropped where shot its a bit far if he got hit and ran before dropping then its easier to side with the agent. shame they can't just hold the one kid  up between them and the stone throwers. even bigger shame the kid was hit in mexico

The aqueduct is US Territory.  All of it.  Not just the north half of it.  If you look at the Border, the US controls the river/aqueduct areas.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2010, 02:05:45 PM »
Does anyone wonder what would happen if you threw a rock at a Zeta, on U.S. soil, Mexican Soil, or across the border?

Thought so.
I promise not to duck.

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2010, 02:06:37 PM »
I'm surprised war, or at least "military action," hasn't been taken yet.
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

• friends
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2010, 02:11:24 PM »
The aqueduct is US Territory.  All of it.  Not just the north half of it.  If you look at the Border, the US controls the river/aqueduct areas.

that would make it unique amongst river borders

• friends
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2010, 02:16:17 PM »
It all hinges on the border-hoppers throwing rocks.

If they were, BP agent was justified in shooting.

I think it is a shame the BP agent had to shoot someone, but I don't think it s a shame a rock-throwing border-hopper got shot.  If he was throwing rocks, he got what he deserved.  I really don;t care what side of the border he was on.

Speculation Time:
Were the only rock-tossers the ones with the (formerly) walking backstop?  The cell phone video, as ate up as it is, shows that there was at least one other group close to the BP officer.

Twenty yards is not far enough to be safe from my rock-chucking skills.

some of the other vid is better but i don't think there is any question about rocks being thrown  the one girl in the cell phone vid is talking about the stupid one throwing rocks

• friends
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2010, 02:32:07 PM »
that would make it unique amongst river borders

i just used google earth the border is more or less in the center of the river  in some caes it wanders to one side or the other of the concrete channel   i was unable to find the actual bridge and where it falls right there could be important for the agent

Ryan in Maine

• friend
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2010, 02:42:57 PM »
I'm surprised war, or at least "military action," hasn't been taken yet.
That's what worried me, actually, and is the part I'm getting confused over. If Mexican soldiers were actually drawing on US Border Patrol agents, even during the subsequent investigation, that's unacceptable to say the least.

It may be small scale, but that is a pretty direct threat from a foreign military.

Can anyone say if it was soldiers, police, or some other authority on the Mexican side? I've heard nothing but conflicting reports.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2010, 06:09:59 PM »
Problems like the one we have with Mexico are ultimately settled by one side or the other "absorbing" the other, on its terms.

Well, if they want so bad to be in the USA, we could just annex mexico  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2010, 07:17:37 PM »
From what I can see Mexico has already annexed us.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

sanman

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2010, 08:13:36 PM »
¡Recepción a México del norte!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2010, 08:26:50 PM »
I *really* want some Texas, New Mexico, or Arizona sheriff to capture a truckload of Mexican Army troops on our side of the river running interference for smugglers.  Throw them in jail and refuse to release them to Hillary; let it blow up into an international incident.  (Obama would apologize, of course.)

Wishful thinking tho', because I doubt a sheriff would have enough firepower without help from maybe a NG helicopter.

It'll have to be state law enforcement because I suspect the Border Patrol, US Marshals, etc. are under orders not to interfere.
"It's good, though..."

• friends
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2010, 08:35:38 PM »
It'll have to be state law enforcement because I suspect the Border Patrol, US Marshals, etc. are under orders not to interfere.
too many to keep a secret

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2010, 10:03:22 PM »
sounds to me like it's time to start flying the US flag and celebrating "The Alamo"(just my cute name, you know what i mean.) on May 5th. [popcorn]

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2010, 10:24:47 PM »
I don't honestly care for all of the minute little details.  The bottom line is this,  Throw rocks at Border Patrol agents,  expect to get shot.  I don't care if the dead guy wasn't throwing a rock personally.  He should have known better than to play chicken on International Borders, and if anything, his blood is on his ahole buddies' hands.

Our Border guys have every right in the world to defend themselves against such blatant crap.

They don't respect us, they may as well fear us.

taurusowner

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2010, 10:25:01 PM »
I wish there would be some military action.  That's something I would like to participate in.  Not a full invasion of Mexico mind you, just an outburst to show that we still can wipe them out of we want to.  Like a snake striking after being prodded too many times, we need to unleash hell if only for a few days,  and  then have a cease fire just so they know who is boss.

Then build the wall, with landmines.

I think an ultra hard line stance wouldn't even need to last permanently.  Change our border policy to an crosser on foot will be shot, no questions asked, and any vehicles will meet an AT4 or Hellfire, and I bet border traffic would decline to a trickle after only a short while.  So many people cross be cause it's so easy and they know we won't do anything.  If we really start blowing the up without hesitation, I thinkit will have a cumulative effect on all would be crossers.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2010, 10:38:06 PM »
I wish there would be some military action.  That's something I would like to participate in.  Not a full invasion of Mexico mind you, just an outburst to show that we still can wipe them out of we want to.  Like a snake striking after being prodded too many times, we need to unleash hell if only for a few days,  and  then have a cease fire just so they know who is boss.

Then build the wall, with landmines.

I think an ultra hard line stance wouldn't even need to last permanently.  Change our border policy to an crosser on foot will be shot, no questions asked, and any vehicles will meet an AT4 or Hellfire, and I bet border traffic would decline to a trickle after only a short while.  So many people cross be cause it's so easy and they know we won't do anything.  If we really start blowing the up without hesitation, I thinkit will have a cumulative effect on all would be crossers.

crazy talk (with all due respect)
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.