Author Topic: Some folks can not take a hint to just calm down  (Read 19170 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Some folks can not take a hint to just calm down
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2015, 07:33:03 PM »
It was national news for quite a while.  There isn't anywhere he could go in this country where he wouldn't be known.  He would have to change his name and face, and someone would probably still out him.  Also, he didn't seem like a man of great financial means. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2015, 07:35:04 PM »
I can imagine if I was him, I would likely have to put heavy tint on my side windows.  Road rage incidents would likely be daily.  There would always be some yahoo around who thought he was a murderer.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: George Zimmerman apparently wounded in shooting
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2015, 07:39:53 PM »
The guy is like a bad penny!!!
  But the penny is actually worth something. >:D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2015, 07:43:04 PM »
It was national news for quite a while.  There isn't anywhere he could go in this country where he wouldn't be known.  He would have to change his name and face, and someone would probably still out him.  Also, he didn't seem like a man of great financial means.  

I'd imagine any number of organizations would have, at the time of the verdict, assisted him with the finances for identity change and relocation.

You do bring up the point that it could be argued, with a name change, he might be better off relocating to a very large city instead of the sticks. As long as he kept his mouth shut, he could blend in with the other million or so residents. Without a name change, he'd be better off in a small conservative town somewhere. As long as he laid low.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2015, 07:46:12 PM »
Also, I merged the dupe topics.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2015, 07:47:10 PM »
I can imagine if I was him, I would likely have to put heavy tint on my side windows.  Road rage incidents would likely be daily.  There would always be some yahoo around who thought he was a murderer.

The tint on the window shown in  the news seems to me to be pretty dark.

syay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2015, 08:42:21 PM »
Another violent confrontation with George Zimmerman?  The only thing surprising about it is that it apparently wasn't him vs a woman.

The longer this pattern of confrontations (which began well before his run in with trayvon martin) the more obvious it is who is baiting the fight. 
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2015, 08:53:43 PM »
Another violent confrontation with George Zimmerman?  The only thing surprising about it is that it apparently wasn't him vs a woman.

The longer this pattern of confrontations (which began well before his run in with trayvon martin) the more obvious it is who is baiting the fight. 

I wouldn't jump to say he's baiting all this.

However, I would say he needs to learn how to walk away from an offered fight.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2015, 08:57:05 PM »
Most of the headlines that I saw said something along the lines of "George Zimmerman involved in a shooting." I, as I suspect many other people did, jumped to the conclusion that it was he who had done the shooting. It seems that the shooter was the gent who had previously accused him of brandishing — and who told a bystander, "I just shot George Zimmerman."

At this point, I do not believe anyone involved.

I think if I were him, I might try for hermithood.

Lost 70 lbs, grow a beard, start wearing sunglasses.  And move.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2015, 09:17:50 PM »
I'd imagine any number of organizations would have, at the time of the verdict, assisted him with the finances for identity change and relocation.

You do bring up the point that it could be argued, with a name change, he might be better off relocating to a very large city instead of the sticks. As long as he kept his mouth shut, he could blend in with the other million or so residents. Without a name change, he'd be better off in a small conservative town somewhere. As long as he laid low.

A very large city is likely to have more of the demographic disposed to hate Zimmerman. There are plenty of big towns in flyover country where he'd have a better chance of living the quiet life. If he wanted to.

That being said, I can't blame him for staying where he is, under his own name. He was falsely accused, libeled, slandered, and hung by a jury of the media. Maybe he just doesn't want to fold to the pressure.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2015, 09:19:26 PM »
I wouldn't jump to say he's baiting all this.

However, I would say he needs to learn how to walk away from an offered fight.

Some people (and I do mean some people) will always believe any accusation against Zimmerman. You can't reason with them.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2015, 11:10:27 PM »
I think he was justified in the Trayvon business - but stupid to get involved in it. Nothing I've seen since makes me think better of his judgment, or think that his judgment has improved. I know a guy like him - doesn't know when to quit, even when people all around are saying "stop digging your own grave." He escalates things unnecessarily, with no tangible benefit whatsoever to him.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2015, 12:34:34 AM »
How do you happen across the same road-rage guy 3 times?  And what the hell set the guy off enough on the third time to actually shoot?

Dude's had a rough few years.  Why have people accused him, then refused to press charges?  Are they just saps who fall for his "I'm sorry" line or were they trying to set him up/get back at him and decided to not go all the way?

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2015, 02:43:04 AM »
Apperson the other guy involved pull the trigger this time is even less of a daisy than Zimmerman
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

De Selby

• friend
Re:
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2015, 03:14:14 AM »
Apperson the other guy involved pull the trigger this time is even less of a daisy than Zimmerman

Yep - that's how you get multiple police calls with different folk over the years that amount to nothing - associate with people who are also doing something wrong.

"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2015, 05:34:43 AM »
How do you happen across the same road-rage guy 3 times?  And what the hell set the guy off enough on the third time to actually shoot?

Probably simply being that evil WHITE Latino who got away with "murdering" some poor innocent black child who was just turning his life around. That was probably enough to have this guy go road rage on him and seek him out to do just that. I'm suprised it doesn't happen more often actually.
But of course it would all be George Zimmermans fault because he didn't move somewhere else where they don't have TV and never heard of him or seen his face displayed on the screen. ;/.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2015, 06:15:05 AM »
Probably simply being that evil WHITE Latino who got away with "murdering" some poor innocent black child who was just turning his life around. That was probably enough to have this guy go road rage on him and seek him out to do just that. I'm suprised it doesn't happen more often actually.
But of course it would all be George Zimmermans fault because he didn't move somewhere else where they don't have TV and never heard of him or seen his face displayed on the screen. ;/.

You do realise most of his police calls for violence are actually domestic violence calls, which started before he shot Trayvon martin?

brimic

• friends
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2015, 08:29:22 AM »
You do realise most of his police calls for violence are actually domestic violence calls, which started before he shot Trayvon martin?

I like how we have a guy who has shots fired into his vehicle and we find ways to blame the victim.  ;/
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2015, 09:39:53 AM »
That dude was blasted full on by the Eye of Sauron for more than a year.  Far as I'm concerned, any Zimmerman news story that doesn't end with his belt around his neck counts as a win.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2015, 09:44:02 AM »
I think he was justified in the Trayvon business - but stupid to get involved in it. Nothing I've seen since makes me think better of his judgment, or think that his judgment has improved. I know a guy like him - doesn't know when to quit, even when people all around are saying "stop digging your own grave." He escalates things unnecessarily, with no tangible benefit whatsoever to him.
1.  On the first, do you mean he shouldn't have done the neighborhood watch gig or should have ignored the suspicious looking guy casing out the neighborhood which is what a "neighborhood watch" is supposed watch for?  Just curious.
2.  Was there something in these links that said he escalated things unnecessarily?  

I think many people I see complaining about the guy in this thread and eslewhere would do little better in the same circumstances.  

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2015, 10:06:22 AM »
1.  On the first, do you mean he shouldn't have done the neighborhood watch gig or should have ignored the suspicious looking guy casing out the neighborhood which is what a "neighborhood watch" is supposed watch for?  Just curious.
2.  Was there something in these links that said he escalated things unnecessarily?  

I think many people I see complaining about the guy in this thread and eslewhere would do little better in the same circumstances.  

In those circumstances it looks like he forgot the watch part of Neighborhood Watch.  IMHO he stepped on himself when he confronted Martin instead of continuing to watch and wait for the police.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2015, 10:10:08 AM »
That dude was blasted full on by the Eye of Sauron for more than a year.  Far as I'm concerned, any Zimmerman news story that doesn't end with his belt around his neck counts as a win.

IIRC I never really took a strong stance on the episode. I was mostly in wait and see what's next mode during the whole time.

The left has no problem taking troubled individuals and lionizing them into victim heroes. For my part I'm always apprehensive about doing it with "our" guys.

Considering that George hasn't ended up in jail by now I'd say the actual pattern is he isn't breaking the law regularly despite the narrative otherwise.

It would have been great if instead of just barely surviving the continual attention and assault from Mordor he rose up to be a heroic figure. Unfortunately he seems to be just a flawed man who makes bad choices.  
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2015, 10:13:11 AM »
In those circumstances it looks like he forgot the watch part of Neighborhood Watch.  IMHO he stepped on himself when he confronted Martin instead of continuing to watch and wait for the police.

He confronted Martin?

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2015, 10:23:53 AM »
In such circumstances I could see myself taking my wife's name or reviving my mother's maiden name.  =D
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2015, 11:02:17 AM »
He confronted Martin?

No, not according to what was shown at trial when the prosecution pretty much proved the defense's case with their witness' testimony.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton