Author Topic: Yet another example of why we can't allow even back-door registration...  (Read 5343 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/02/illinois-officials-spar-order-make-list-gun-owners-public/

Illinois' attorney general has instructed the State Police to turn over the FOID list to the press.

(Note: an FOID card in Illinois is required, by law, before any firearm can be purchased or owned. It is not a carry permit (this article seems to be confused about that), as Illinois forbids carry entirely, except for law enforcement.)

Thankfully, the State Police disagree and are fighting her. Things like this make me glad I only visit the state of my birth to visit relatives. I'm happy to live in a free state.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

HankB

• friend
  . . . as Illinois forbids carry entirely, except for law enforcement . . .
Chicago aldermen may legally carry concealed handguns . . . few people regard them as "law enforcement."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Chicago aldermen may legally carry concealed handguns . . . few people regard them as "law enforcement."

Should have addressed that in the post, as I bet someone would bring that up:

http://austinweeklynews.1upsoftware.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=727&TM=83154.58

An 1872 state law allows aldermen and other municipal officials, as peace officers, to carry guns, make arrests and detain suspects "after receiving a certificate attesting to the successful completion of a training course administered by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training Standards Board."

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
Is an alderman like a Constable down here?  Essentially police that work for the judge?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Is an alderman like a Constable down here?  Essentially police that work for the judge?

No, they are the legislature for the city, the "town council." They just have special privelages in IL.

AZRedhawk44

• friends

A lovely combination of Judge, Jury, Executioner and Lawmaker.  Truly above the law. :'(
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Aldermen can carry guns.

Aldermen are crooks:

Hence, crooks can legally guns while law-abiding residents cannot.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

HankB

• friend
Aldermen can carry guns.

Aldermen are crooks:

Hence, crooks can legally guns while law-abiding residents cannot.
And remember, since the 1968 SCOTUS ruling in Haynes, convicted crooks can't be charged with a registration violation - that's an offense exclusive to persons with clean records.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
It's fully "Game On" here in Illinois, IGOLD in 6 Days.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
It's fully "Game On" here in Illinois, IGOLD in 6 Days.

You're going, I trust.

(They roped me into being a "bus captain".)

I've been reading genuinely hopeful things this year.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Lee

• friend

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
You're going, I trust.

(They roped me into being a "bus captain".)

I've been reading genuinely hopeful things this year.

I'll be there with my Wookie on, to quote Tamara.   =D  (Actually, I'll be wearing my yellow IGOLD sweater from last year.)

Yeah, there are hopeful signs this year.  One of which that there are some court cases wending their way through that could force "Constitutional Carry" down their throats, and the anti's know it.  So some have jumped on a sponsors the Family and Personal Protection Act.   In fact look up some of the sponsors of  HB 148 and SB 82 ..... ;)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
IGOLD??

Will someone please elaborate?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
IGOLD??

Will someone please elaborate?

I'm going to give it a shot:

Illinois
Gun
Owner's
Lobby
Day

Am I close?

Edit: Nailed it. http://igold.isra.org/

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
You got it.  Big impressive march, that usually goes completely unnoticed by the MSM.

This will be my 4th.  The first one I went to, 3 years ago, the only coverage was by a downstate TeeVee station, that made it look like it was a half dozen people with flags.  The street was filled, edge to edge, and multiple blocks long.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.