Author Topic: Yet another letter to the editor; Yogi Berra would be proud  (Read 2047 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
I think this one speaks for itself. Now I just need to figure out what he's saying.

DEBT LIMIT

Every part must work

Regarding the debt limit, the system fails if one of its parts fails. Every part must work together with every other part. Government is a major part of the system.

John Pflaum
Milwaukee

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Yet another letter to the editor; Yogi Berra would be proud
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 01:14:18 AM »
This is why one shouldn't write LTE after smoking some serious doobige.......
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 03:19:02 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 09:02:31 AM »
Holy crap, they published that?

That sounds like:

Uh... Okay. The Industrial Revolution to me is just like a story I know called "The Puppy Who Lost His Way." The world was changing, and the puppy was getting... bigger. So, you see, the puppy was like industry. In that, they were both lost in the woods. And nobody, especially the little boy - "society" - knew where to find 'em. Except that the puppy was a dog. But the industry, my friends, that was a revolution.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 10:15:45 AM »
I swear the JS editorial/opinion staff picked him for his brevity and the column-space needs that day.  :laugh:

Although, in this tough economy, it's good to see someone employed, even if at a fortune cookie factory.
I promise not to duck.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 12:58:37 PM »
That sounds like:

Uh... Okay. The Industrial Revolution to me is just like a story I know called "The Puppy Who Lost His Way." The world was changing, and the puppy was getting... bigger. So, you see, the puppy was like industry. In that, they were both lost in the woods. And nobody, especially the little boy - "society" - knew where to find 'em. Except that the puppy was a dog. But the industry, my friends, that was a revolution.

The proper response to the Letter would have been:

Mr. Pflaum, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 04:13:10 PM »

O'doyle rules!

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 09:07:06 PM »
It may be a matter of "we think Pflaum may be considering a run for local office at some point, so we're letting him destroy his credibility now."

birdman

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 09:51:57 PM »

O'doyle rules!

Boy, am I glad I called -that- guy.