Author Topic: Yeti goes full retard  (Read 9295 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Yeti goes full retard
« on: April 21, 2018, 06:37:22 PM »
Yeti Brands severs ties with NRA.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180421/florida-alert-yeti-drops-nra-foundation

Talk about being out of touch with your customer base. I'm sure RTIC is weeping in their cash register over it.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Yeti goes full retard
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 06:48:45 PM »
Overpriced anyway. I saw a Yeti 5 gallon bucket thing at Costco the other day and it was like $40. I'll get a $3 Homer bucket.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 07:13:42 PM »
Was it Einstein that quipped that while the universe is finite, human stupidity is not?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 07:27:08 PM »
Yeah, but think of how many lives will be saved.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 09:10:14 PM »
Man, that's abominable!
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 09:39:08 PM »
Good thing I just bought an Rtic gallon jug.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 09:50:29 PM »
Nastygram sent (in the politest of tones). 

If they value virtue signalling over,  I dunno, selling coolers, fine.  There are plenty of alternatives on the market.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2018, 12:48:34 AM »
Holy *expletive deleted*it. Just when you had bubba convinced you needed a $50K truck, $40K bassboat, $300 sunglasses, and an $800 cooler to catch a damn fish you go and dump him like that. WTvirtuesignalingF????

-ShadesofcrazyKenWildAlaska.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2018, 06:18:43 PM »
there facebook is swamped with NRA members saying they will never buy another, i didn't see one congratulating
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2018, 06:39:41 PM »
I'd never heard of them before this.  If I need a cooler, well, "whatever's cheap at Stuffmart".
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2018, 06:52:17 PM »
The Walmart knockoffs of a yeti look decent. Hard to screw up a plastic box full of foam.
AKA Navy Joe   

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2018, 06:59:16 PM »
The Walmart knockoffs of a yeti look decent. Hard to screw up a plastic box full of foam.

But stoopid profitable if you've got a decent marketing department.

I hope this bites them in the ass,  hard.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2018, 07:23:52 PM »
I wonder who makes the Cabela's and other "Yeti-like" coolers?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2018, 07:25:37 PM »
And now Rtic is posting pro 2nd amendment things on their Facebook page.
The gauntlet has been thrown down.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2018, 08:25:25 PM »
May cooler heads prevail.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2018, 08:29:45 PM »
Well, my financial life sucks, but hey, I like prep gear. Just bought a RTIC 45, next up is call them during business hours and tell them why. Probably call Yeti too.
AKA Navy Joe   

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2018, 10:05:04 PM »
And now Rtic is posting pro 2nd amendment things on their Facebook page.
The gauntlet has been thrown down.

166k likes and 14k very-mostly positive comments on the Rtic page. I figure Yeti's social media monitoring crew will go into full damage control tomorrow morning, though to an overwhelming tide of negative sentiment. Maybe this will be the high-profile event to get a bunch of people's heads out that conservatives, especially gun owners, are a big un-vocal majority in this country.

Brad
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2018, 11:23:55 PM »
Aren't there some big outfitter stores that sell Yeti? Can we pressure them about this?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2018, 11:24:48 PM »
Aren't there some big outfitter stores that sell Yeti? Can we pressure them about this?

Yup including places like Cabelas I bet
JD

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2018, 12:14:17 AM »

Best way to do that is not buy Yeti from them. Underperforming shelf space will be quickly filled with something more profitable.

Brad
-HankB

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2018, 08:55:14 AM »
https://cabelas.custhelp.com/app/ask
Dear Cabelas/Bass Pro
Very recently, Yeti brands has decided to spit in the face of sportsmen and sever ties with the NRA.
A groundswell of backlash against yeti is mounting. 
Dump them as a vendor.
Rtic has come out in support of the 2nd amendment, and is more affordable than Yeti anyways.
Thank you.
JD

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2018, 09:11:03 AM »
If Cabela's / Bass Pro has an even moderately intelligent marketing department, they'll be all over this. If they play their cards right, they could get positive results that would otherwise cost them well into the six figures range in advertising dollars.

I'm going to copy Jamis and send off a note. I'm going to also make a point of telling them I not only buy from them, but use their credit card as my primary form of payment for other purchases as well.

As a side note, it's kinda funny that all the hand wringing busy bodies have finally gotten to me. I've generally blown off this stuff in the past, as whatever started it generally fades away. The SJWs have been so active however, that they are now getting the unintended consequences of getting lazy people like me riled up enough to get off our asses and respond against them with more than grumbling.

They still haven't figured out it was them that got Trump elected.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2018, 09:17:03 AM »
If Cabela's / Bass Pro has an even moderately intelligent marketing department, they'll be all over this. If they play their cards right, they could get positive results that would otherwise cost them well into the six figures range in advertising dollars.

I'm going to copy Jamis and send off a note. I'm going to also make a point of telling them I not only buy from them, but use their credit card as my primary form of payment for other purchases as well.

As a side note, it's kinda funny that all the hand wringing busy bodies have finally gotten to me. I've generally blown off this stuff in the past, as whatever started it generally fades away. The SJWs have been so active however, that they are now getting the unintended consequences of getting lazy people like me riled up enough to get off our asses and respond against them with more than grumbling.

They still haven't figured out it was them that got Trump elected.

I sent them a note as well. I love Cabela's, and wish they had a store near us. If the left wants to flex their corporate power, we ought to do the same.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2018, 09:39:06 AM »
Man, that's abominable!

May cooler heads prevail.

I'll give you the recognition you deserve, Warren.   =D :rofl:
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2018, 02:28:47 PM »
Request a catalog from Yeti - they have to pay for printing it.

Recycle it as soon as it arrives.

Their new HQ is in a brand new large building completed just recently not far from my home - given local prices, I suspect ANY cash drain will pinch them a bit.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain