Author Topic: I need an Illinois resident, please  (Read 1189 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
I need an Illinois resident, please
« on: July 16, 2013, 05:38:48 PM »
I need an Illinois resident, preferably one stuck in the Congressional District currently occupied by Luis Guitierrez, to assk him a question.  He occupies an obviously Gerrymandered district:

http://gutierrez.house.gov/our-district/map-district

He recently made a statement - well, possibly more of an accusation.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/311223-house-dem-calls-for-judiciary-committee-hearings-on-trayvon-martin-case

Rep. Luis Gutiérrez said last year's shooting death of the unarmed teenager and Saturday’s verdict "undermines the rule of law, erodes community trust in law enforcement, and exemplifies just how dangerous the combination of rampant fear and easily available guns can be.

"When any child is gunned down and no one goes to jail, it is incumbent on lawmakers at the highest level of government to investigate whether justice has been done, whether the underlying law is just, and whether federal legislation could help avoid another tragic death like the death of Trayvon Martin," wrote Gutiérrez

I want to know what/which rule of law the jury verdict undermines, why he thinks justice might not have been done, and why he thinks Congress should stick its nose into the laws of a state he does not represent.  I would also like to suggest to him that a fedral laws against jackassery by Members of Congress might just prevent the tragic death of the America judicial process.

The problem is, he only accepts email and phone call from the ZIP Code/area code where his didrict is located.  Snail mail, if it ever got past the interns and DHS part-time w/ no benefits workers who sniff for ricin and anthrax, would get to him after the mob has moved on to another issue du jour.

Anybody i Illinois willing to send the email for me?  I'll reimburse you for the stamp.

Thanks in advance.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: I need an Illinois resident, please
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 07:09:15 PM »
I'm not in his district, but I can try.

Remember he's a D, and from Illinois (Chicago), so most all of what comes out of his mouth is The Stupid.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 08:09:53 PM »
I'm not in his district, but I can try.

Remember he's a D, and from Illinois (Chicago), so most all of what comes out of his mouth is The Stupid.

And there's that old adage about arguing with pigs or something ...
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

grampster

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 08:16:09 PM »
Actually with guys like Guitierrez it's arguing with a skunk....
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 11:44:02 PM »
And there's that old adage about arguing with pigs or something ...

It's just the opportunity to ask.  Don't expect an actual answer.

Stick.  Bear.  Reciprocating action.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.