Author Topic: Mike Huckabee & Ron Paul  (Read 2010 times)

helpless

Mike Huckabee & Ron Paul
« on: August 15, 2007, 01:20:49 PM »
I am thinking that they are dream candidates for protect our RKBA

Huckabee: http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/Mike_Huckabee_Gun_Control.htm
My position on the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution is as clear for me as the position held by most journalists toward the 1st Amendment. While I do not consider myself a "gun nut," I proudly own a variety of firearms and enjoy hunting as well as sports shooting. But even if I were not a hunter or did not enjoy shooting, I would still be a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment right of Americans to own firearms for self-protection and as a matter of principle.

There are 700,000 physicians in the US and the number of accidental deaths caused by them per year is 120,, making the accidental death rate per physician 17%. Using the same logic, there are about 80 million gun owners, and the number of accidental gun deaths per year among all age groups is 1,500. The same calculation reveals the number of accidental deaths per gun owner to be 0.00188%. In other words, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 more times more dangerous than gun owners. Yet, I hear no one suggesting we ban doctors.

--------------------------------------

Ron Paul: http://www.paulonpaper.com/topic.php?id=17 (<---Lots of his stuff here)
"The Second amendment is not about hunting deer or keeping a pistol in your nightstand. It is not about protecting oneself against common criminals. It is about preventing tyranny."

Pretty straight forward.

--------------------------------------

Now this guy is a nightmare:

Barack Obama: http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/Barack_Obama_Gun_Control.htm
# Principles that Obama supports on gun issues:Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
# Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
# Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Mike Huckabee & Ron Paul
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 01:24:01 PM »
Ron who?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 01:33:31 PM »
"Dream Candidates" get their name from the fact that anyone thinking they have a shot at winning are merely dreaming.
ANd any candidate for the GOP will need to be pro 2A to get the nomination (you listening, Rudy?).
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Paddy

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 01:37:15 PM »
I listen to 'Err America' some.  Ron Paul is becoming a favorite there, too.  shocked

helpless

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 01:59:38 PM »
you listening, Rudy

Yeah he better hurry up and change his views.  rolleyes

I may have opened a can of worms saying the word "dream".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 02:33:52 PM »
"Dream Candidates" get their name from the fact that anyone thinking they have a shot at winning are merely dreaming.
ANd any candidate for the GOP will need to be pro 2A to get the nomination (you listening, Rudy?).

Eh, McCain is never going to make it.  Romney is doubtful.  And the core of the GOP doesn't care too much for Rudy.  I do ponder if the NYFD can successfully Swift-Boat him.  I personally am rooting for Ron Paul, but he realistically doesn't have a chance.

So we're probably looking at 4 years of Hillary or Obama.  And as much attention as Obama gets, he's young for the job.  I suspect Hillary will mop the floor with him and the polls are pointing at it unfortunately.  I suspect Hillary will be less militantly anti-RKBA than Obama.  Granted, that's like saying I'd rather be hung than impaled on a rusty 6 foot spork. 

Oy, I have a headache.  Any realistic outcome, America has lost.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Paddy

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 03:10:47 PM »
So we're probably looking at 4 years of Hillary or Obama.
Thanks to GWB and the current crop of Republicans.  angry  Don't count Edwards out either; the left seems to be rallying around him right now.

helpless

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 04:49:05 PM »
I personally am rooting for Ron Paul, but he realistically doesn't have a chance.

Thank god everyone else doesnt feel the same as you do. You should vote for who you want to be president.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Paddy

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 06:06:23 PM »
Nobody name 'Huckabee' will be elected POTUS.  Trust me on this.  I live on the west coast.  The west and east coasts decide who is elected and who is not.  Y'all in 'flyover territory' are just so much filler. No offense.  smiley

SomeKid

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 06:39:45 PM »
Sure thing Riley.

As I recall, the entire West coast voted for the loser last time, as did most of the East coast.

Pew pew pew

• friend
  • Hello!
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 07:14:07 PM »
Meh. Huckabee stinks. I love my firearms, but I'm not a one-issue voter.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 07:17:05 PM »
Nobody name 'Huckabee' will be elected POTUS.

Yeah, the name itself is a serious drawback.  That alone could lose him the nomination, to say nothing of the actual election.  But as names go, it sure beats "Clinton" or "Bush." 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 03:23:25 AM »
I think the nickname "The Huckster" will become more broadly known and will stick, ruining his chances.

auschip

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 05:01:09 AM »
I personally am rooting for Ron Paul, but he realistically doesn't have a chance.

Thank god everyone else doesnt feel the same as you do. You should vote for who you want to be president.

How about if we don't think he has a chance, AND we don't want him as president? 

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 05:07:00 AM »

How about if we don't think he has a chance, AND we don't want him as president? 

Yeah but, theres a whole lot of people on Ell and Pee who like him......
but I can't back that up. grin
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 05:36:30 AM »
Huckabee is starting to interest me, based on the fact that he actually answers questions instead of obfuscating and equivocating around them.

Ron Paul, though, the mention of his name is becoming like those HEAD-ON commercials, mostly due to his annoying obsessed and downright evangelical supporters who just won't shut up! 

I swear, it's like...

"I'm going to get a sandwich." "Sandwiches would be better if Ron Paul were president!"

"Ammo costs more." "Ron Paul would cause lower ammo prices!"

"Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul"....

ARRRG. Enough!

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 05:49:04 AM »
"George Bush is the problem.  Ron Paul is the solution."

I dont believe either of those things of course.  But your post suggested it.  Do you suppose Ron Paul could get rid of the corn on my foot?

Paddy

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 05:51:08 AM »
Do you suppose Ron Paul could get rid of the corn on my foot?
You'll need Hillary Health Care for that.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 06:31:08 AM »

Actually, I plan on voting for him.  I know he won't win, but I vote according to my beliefs. 

Thanks to GWB and the current crop of Republicans.    Don't count Edwards out either; the left seems to be rallying around him right now.

As I said, either Hillary or Obama will win.  RKBA wise, Hillary is better.  She won't try to destroy RKBA if the polls are lukewarm on it.  I'd never vote for her, of course.  I like being able to sleep at night.  Obama is strongly an anti.  If either of them imploded somehow, ya, Edwards would have a shot.  Otherwise, nope.

Democrats were put into power expressly by the country voting against GWB and to the recent flurry of scandals.  I'd say it was more "anti-incumbent" than "pro-Democrat".  Only, the Democrats are showing zero guts.  Presidential wise, the Dems just about have a lock unless they do something stupid.  Congress wise, don't be so sure.  Expect more incumbents, Dem and Repub, to get tossed.

Good news is, RKBA will be basically ignored.  We're probably not to make any gains, but we won't lose anything either.  Most of the new Congresscritters are basically aware that the country wouldn't tolerate extreme RKBA changes.  A lot are lukewarm pro-RKBA, like Sen Bob Casey from my state.  Expect roughly the same in the next election.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 06:37:45 AM »
Whatever happens, we are almost certain to get someone even worse than Bush  sad

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

helpless

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 10:16:25 PM »
I like Ron Paul myself. I tell everyone I meet about the guy, it cant hurt. Most people do not know anything about any of the candidates except that Rudy was in NY on 911.

I'm watching Huckabee, though sometimes he seems a little corny.

I do not consider myself a 1 issue voter either, but a government that tries to disarm it's citizens is a pretty huge issue.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2007, 10:45:26 PM »
Ant news on Thompson? Running, not running.....?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2007, 08:46:47 AM »
Great on the 2A, execrable on illegal immigration.  Check it out.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2007, 04:17:01 PM »
Do you suppose Ron Paul could get rid of the corn on my foot?
You'll need Hillary Health Care for that.

Take a number.  When it's called (in two years), we'll amputate.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Paddy

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2007, 03:26:55 PM »
Nope.  No questions from fistful here, either.