Author Topic: Mike Huckabee & Ron Paul  (Read 2005 times)

Michigander

• friend
Re: Mike Huckabee & Ron Paul
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2007, 01:55:16 AM »
Speaking of health care and Ron Pual, in one of those debates where all the Republican candidates attended, did anyone notice that none of the health care questions posed were put to Ron Paul, the only doctor on the stage?

Or did I miss something?
What if the hokey pokey is really what it's all about?

helpless

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2007, 03:30:41 AM »
Or did I miss something?

Nah that would make to much damn sense.

Nothing to see here people move along....  police
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

xd9fan

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2007, 03:55:14 PM »

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 10:36:30 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Huckabee is starting to interest me, based on the fact that he actually answers questions instead of obfuscating and equivocating around them.

Ron Paul, though, the mention of his name is becoming like those HEAD-ON commercials, mostly due to his annoying obsessed and downright evangelical supporters who just won't shut up! 

I swear, it's like...

"I'm going to get a sandwich." "Sandwiches would be better if Ron Paul were president!"

"Ammo costs more." "Ron Paul would cause lower ammo prices!"

"Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul"....

ARRRG. Enough! 
LOL!!!

Seriously The sandwiches kicka$$

jeepmor

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2007, 04:15:05 PM »
The right people are on the ballots, but the media doesn't want anything to do with them.

Ron Paul, besides his evangelical demeanor, is really the only Republican that doesn't seem to be be tap dancing.

I know, I know, all your wisdom prevails over mine.  Hence Bush.... rolleyes
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.

"Oh, so now you're saying they don't have a right to whine about their First Amendment rights?  Fascist."  -fistul

xd9fan

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2007, 04:38:38 PM »
from another thread

Death before Dishonor
On September 6th, 2007 JeffnDallas says:
Mike Huckabee (who I actually "liked" before this debate) seemed to be referring to our military as the Samurai of Feudal Japan with his references to "death before dishonor" and "saving face." I was also reminded of the words of Spartan women when sending their husbands off to war, "Either return with your shield or on it." Is this what Huckabee is saying?! Have we become so egotistical and flippant with our men and women in uniform as to tell our own troops, "We care more about OUR honor than YOUR lives?!" If we are looking at military history, why not look at the Rule Book still taught in most military colleges and settings, the writings of Sun Tzu, "The Art of War":

"Invicibility is defense. Vincibility is attack. Defend and one has a surplus. Attack and one is insufficient."

"One who does not thoroughly know the harm from employing the military cannot thoroughly know the advantage from employing the military."

"There are roads one does not follow. There are armies one does not strike. There are cities one does not attack. There are grounds one does not contest. There are commands of the sovereign (president) one does not accept."

These writings are still taught at the War College, West Point, Annapolis and others, which is probably why so many generals have opposed Bush publicly. THEY KNOW BETTER! But obviously Fox and the other candidates need to do some additional reading. Sorry Ron, maybe another "recommended reading list" is needed for these militaristic morons.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2007, 05:12:26 PM »
Twenty years from now, a lot of people are going to be eating crow.  I wouldn't mind being around to watch, but I'd be 84 and a friend of mine and I agreed we were going to relive the late 60's and early 70's, when we got in our 80's, so I don't imagine I'd care much as I'd be drinking beer and smoking ganja and watching softball in Charlevoix.

Fred Thompson, if he does as he says, will be handing out a stiff dose of reality regarding the pressing issues of the day and for the future.  It remains to be seen if America is ready for some straight talk, that is if Fred actually hands out a well said portion of  reality as he says, or more nanny statism.  We shall see.

I've got 5 bucks says Fred gets the Republican nomination.  If so, the Democrats ought to fold up their tent.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw