Author Topic: Drug dealer tarred, feathered; public outraged?  (Read 3341 times)

HForrest

Re: Drug dealer tarred, feathered; public outraged?
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2007, 07:23:12 PM »
There's no excuse for this kind of sick, cruel torture.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2007, 02:27:46 AM »
I expected that the bit about how knee-cappings, tarring and featherings and punishment beatings were not always strictly reserved for drug dealers or often aimed at those competing with the IRA/loyalist's own pushers would be the bit that was ignored. Nice fantasy, horrible reality.

I'll start by saying I think that (most, other than drugs like antibiotics, which when abused can reasonably be expected to cause a grotesquely disproportionate harm upon others than the user or his/her dependants) drugs should be legal and treated as we (Americans) treat alcohol, legally speaking.

That said, If he was really a drug dealer I feel no sympathy for him. His deliberate illegal trade in something which engenders murder and mayhem of innocents (due to it's illegality, I believe) makes him beyond my sympathy.

Now who really did the tarring and feathering? I'm afraid I had exactly the same question as you have Ian, when I read the article. If it was neighborhood "vigilantes" who are upstanding citizens, and knew for sure he was a drug dealer, "Good on them".  Just as likely I think (and I suspect you think), was that it was other drug dealers who didn't like him taking their business.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

jpk1md

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2007, 05:40:44 AM »
Quote from: tallpine
Just so you know, fistful ... I shot a dog for killing our cats  undecided

And my old dog killed 7 neighborhood cats that climbed the fence on my property and invaded his turf.

Generally speaking Cats suck and are nothing more than leeches that *expletive deleted*it inside in a box, puke furballs under the bed and annoy the f out of people...there are exceptions but....

Dogs on the other hand generally speaking are useful...they bark (or more) at intruders, retrieve (hunting) etc etc etc.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2007, 06:40:43 AM »
. . . I think (and I suspect you think), was that it was other drug dealers who didn't like him taking their business.
That would make them remarkably non-violent drug dealers . . . usually the message "stay off my turf" is fatal, or will at least involve stitches and splints, if not a full body cast. Tarring and feathering seems more in line with what John Q. Public might do . . . especially if the tar wasn't heated before application.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain