Author Topic: I don't think I'll be flying with them anytime soon...  (Read 1137 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
I don't think I'll be flying with them anytime soon...
« on: September 05, 2007, 06:30:10 AM »
KATHMANDU (Reuters) - Officials at Nepal's state-run airline have sacrificed two goats to appease Akash Bhairab, the Hindu sky god, following technical problems with one of its Boeing 757 aircraft, the carrier said Tuesday.

Nepal Airlines, which has two Boeing aircraft, has had to suspend some services in recent weeks due the problem.

The goats were sacrificed in front of the troublesome aircraft Sunday at Nepal's only international airport in Kathmandu in accordance with Hindu traditions, an official said.

"The snag in the plane has now been fixed and the aircraft has resumed its flights," said Raju K.C., a senior airline official, without explaining what the problem had been.

Local media last week blamed the company's woes on an electrical fault. The carrier runs international flights to five cities in Asia.

It is common in Nepal to sacrifice animals like goats and buffaloes to appease different Hindu deities.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: I don't think I'll be flying with them anytime soon...
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 06:36:20 AM »
Sent that to my former Aircraft Commander. She's flying helos now, so probably needs to make some sacrifices... laugh
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 06:37:32 AM »
Mmmm, spicy goat, now I'm hungry for Indian food. grin
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 07:03:43 AM »
They should try that in Salt Lake City.  Seems to be where all the airplanes go to break down. Sad
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 07:33:25 AM »
And how do you know sacrificing the goats did not solve the problem?

THere's a joke about a rabbi and an aeronautics engineer...
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 07:37:48 AM »
THere's a joke about a rabbi and an aeronautics engineer...

Well? 
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 07:51:56 AM »
A grasshopper walks into a bar in West Lafayette, Indiana. 

The bartender, who is studying to be an AE at Purdue, says "hey, did you know we have a drink named after you?"

The grasshopper responds, "you have a drink called a Moshe?"

Grasshopper, not my thing, but chicks dig them:  http://www.drinksmixer.com/cat/315/
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 08:07:35 AM »
OK.

A religious Jewish aeronautics engineer keeps having trouble with his plane design because the wings fall off every time.  He tries different materials, the wings fall off.  A different support system, the wings fall off.
He just can't get it to work.
In desperation he calls his rabbi.  His rabbi tells him, put perforations where the wings meet the fusilage.
He can't understand it.  That would make the structure even weaker.  He figures the old man has flipped or doesn't understand anything about engineering.
But his designs keep failing.
In utter desperation he decides to try the rabbi's advice.
This time the wings stay on and the plane works beautifully.
Amazed, he calls his rabbi and tells him.  Then he asks, how did you know to do that?
The rabbi tells him,
Because on Passover when we break the matza, it doesn't break along the perforations either.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 10:32:00 PM »
Ahhh HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAH!!

Best laugh all week, Rabbi!  laugh
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 11:15:16 PM »
Ten pints for teh Rabbi!   grin
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams