Author Topic: Pet Peeve: Dogs in pickups  (Read 1946 times)

SkunkApe

• friend
Re: Pet Peeve: Dogs in pickups
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2007, 06:16:41 PM »
Having recently moved to Wyoming, I've been delighted to see dogs in the backs of pick-ups as a common sight.  The obvious delight that these dogs experience while going for a 75 MPH open-air bombardment of odors always brings a smile to my face.  I can't understand why anyone would deny dogs this pleasure.  It's clear they love it. 

Wyoming seems to be a very dog-friendly state.  The lady at the beer drive-thru hands out doggie treats with the beer.  Dogs in the grocery are a common sight.  One of our vendors (oil patch) always has his two labs in the back of his pick-ip when making his rounds.

The dogs love it. 

Leave the dogs alone, flatlanders.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2007, 06:10:57 AM »
My dog sits up front with me. About the only time she's in the bed is when we go to the In and Out to get burgers. We park in the lot, put the tailgate down, and eat in the bed of the truck. Talk about a chick magnet --- "Oh my God, that's SO adorable!"
 grin grin cool
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2007, 06:55:06 AM »
Feh.

Let their owners put them in the bed if they want.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2007, 07:18:13 AM »
I have no problems with dogs in pickups provided their legs are long enough to reach the pedals.

And some of you obviously are forgetting the joy it brings a dog to stick his face into the wind at highways speeds. 

I wouldn't let my dogs stick their heads out the windows of my car if I was driving at highway speeds, only when puttering around in town.  Look at your windshield after the truck in front of you sends a stone your way.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2007, 09:59:38 AM »
I wouldn't let my dogs stick their heads out the windows of my car if I was driving at highway speeds, only when puttering around in town.  Look at your windshield after the truck in front of you sends a stone your way.

Roger that.

I'm of the opinion that I wouldn't even get out of bed in the mornings, save for the pesky occasional meteorite crashing down through the roof, ruining the whole bit. 

Dogs need to be dogs.  My dogs hear me grabbing the truck keys off the wall, and are at the front door ready to go.  Sniffing the air is part of the experience. Several local stores have a pets welcome policy, so my big St. Bernard mix has his own clientel of store clerks and cashiers.  I may go to the hardware store for some parts, but it turns into a family reunion of sorts.   

As part of my risk-management lifestyle, I've also taken a bumblebee in the face at highway speeds when scooting around on my Harley.  Force = Mass x Acceleration really does work, as does the nearly-expired bumblebee's stinger. 
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"