Author Topic: Fresh from a closed thread on The High Road  (Read 9641 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Fresh from a closed thread on The High Road
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2007, 01:52:43 AM »
Again shootinstudent, to avoid further outrage over illegal immigration, as certain people do not want more attention brought to the situation at the border.

FWIW, I'm not even trying to convince you that these reports are true.  I don't know myself.  But the motive for government officials and the media to downplay them is obvious. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2007, 06:06:25 AM »
Again shootinstudent, to avoid further outrage over illegal immigration, as certain people do not want more attention brought to the situation at the border.

FWIW, I'm not even trying to convince you that these reports are true.  I don't know myself.  But the motive for government officials and the media to downplay them is obvious. 

So true. Here fistful, give this a try.

Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Modifiedbrowning

• friend
  • Best Avatar on APS
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2007, 02:02:00 PM »
But Department of Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff today played down the reports of Mexican military incursions, suggesting many could have been mistakes or criminals dressed in military garb. Last week, Mexican officials denied their military made any incursions.

Who cares if they are mistakes or criminals dressed in military garb? Why are we not supporting our Border Patrol, whose job it is to patrol and defend the border. If they are on our soil they are fair game. A-10s, a big fence, minefield and motion sensor miniguns sounds good to me.
Give Peace a Chance,
Kill all Terrorists.

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2007, 02:08:43 PM »
against armed incursions the a-10s work for me  but i really wonder if you can get us troopsd to shoot unarmed women and kids.  and how long the public will stomach that

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2007, 02:17:17 PM »
Unarmed women and kids?  Who said anything about that? 

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2007, 02:51:25 PM »

Border patrol for unarmed people, military for armed.  Simple enough.

One of the better restaurants in town.  Belongs to the local narcotrafficante.  He's a lieutenant of the Main Man in Juarez.  He's spending some of his own money helping in a cleanup/paintup/fixup program around town.

One more argument for legalizing drugs.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2007, 04:16:56 AM »

Just don't have to lead them as much.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2007, 06:19:58 AM »
When your enemy is trying to outpopulate you you need to discuss women and children.  THAT DOESN'T MEAN SHOOTING THEM.  It does mean understanding that demographic realities these days constitute war by other means.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2007, 01:21:24 PM »
So no one is seriously suggesting that we shoot unarmed women and children?  OK, that's what I thought. 

rolleyes

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2007, 04:33:29 PM »
You cannot cross the Rio Grande without knowing it, even in the referenced areas downstream from El Paso where there's no water most of the time.  You go downslope to the river across open country with greasewood.  You come to a line of salt cedar.  You cross the channel bottom, which is bare,  More salt cedar, and you're then going upslope through greasewood.

Bad navigation?  Accident?  Duh?

If they're "merely dopers" and not military, where'd they get the HumVees, military gear, various machine guns and FALs?  Hmmm?  Maybeso via the generals whom I referenced earlier?  Even if the individuals shooting at our guys aren't military, they're supplied by the military.  Wilful collusion.

Why is all this downplayed?  Counting noses = counting votes.  Other than El Paso, there aren't enough voters west of a line from Del Rio to Lubbock to matter one iota to TPTB inside the Beltway.  Brewster County is the size of Delaware, but with less than 10,000 people.  Etc., etc.  No votes, no power, no interest.

And both parties are courting the Latin vote, which from the standpoint of media interpretations of events is a racism thing.  That is, anything done by a Latin is de facto a Good Thing.

La Raza Unida's motto is "Para la raza, todo; para los otros, nada."  "For the Race, all; for the others, nothing."  Tell me that ain't racist?  I'm not in the market for a bridge, either.  Then you have the Aztlan crowd, and MeCha, with this latter gaining power in the LA Basin.

Ergo, "downplay".

I'll defer, of course, to others' vaster knowledge; I've merely lived in the area for 24 years.

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2007, 08:14:17 PM »
the dopers have more money than the catholic church  they built a freakin submarine. they had a 100 k contract out on governor chiles and admiral yost during the 80's

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2007, 04:54:09 PM »
against armed incursions the a-10s work for me  but i really wonder if you can get us troopsd to shoot unarmed women and kids.  and how long the public will stomach that

According to comrades Murtha and Kerry they are doing it in Iraq.

Anybody know how to go about becoming an illegal alien, I mean undocumented immigrant. I think I could get a better deal on government services that way
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams