Author Topic: Imagine this: A double repeat of history  (Read 1486 times)

Don't care

Imagine this: A double repeat of history
« on: November 01, 2008, 07:36:31 PM »
Dinner table conversation tonight.

Imagine, if you will, the Bush and Gore fight for Florida back in November 2000.

Now imagine Los Angeles in 1992, right after the verdicts of "Not Guilty" were delivered for the police officers involved in the Rodney King beating that the world saw on videotape. For those who may be too young to remember, a fair number of the black community, protesting this injustice, rioted in LA and took their frustrations out on local businesses and more notably, a man dragged out of his semi truck and beaten, because his hair was blonde and skin color was white.

Every few years since LA, there have been some sort of racial unrest that flairs into rioting. Most notably:

1996: St. Petersburg, FL
2001: Cincinnati, OH
2003: Benton Harbor, MI
2005: Toledo, OH

Of course, this list excludes prisons and high schools.

A provoking scenario? Certainly. Hopefully it's thought provoking and our leaders and leaders to be, whomever they are, have a contingency to mitigate such potential circumstances.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Imagine this: A double repeat of history
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 07:38:30 PM »
It will be completely ignored by the MSM until it happens.  Whether barry wins or loses there will be riots.  Just like after a basketball tema wins the finals or after some cops get aquitted.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 09:32:14 PM »
IBTL
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 01:45:18 AM »
IBTL

Yes, that is certainly helpful. :|

Hopefully it's thought provoking and our leaders and leaders to be, whomever they are, have a contingency to mitigate such potential circumstances.

Such plans (if they exits) should be pretty straight foward and simple.

Shout, yell and celebrate/morn in the streets without damaging other people or their property.  The paramedics stand by to attend to those injured by their own folly.

Begin injuring others or destroying property that is not yours, expect to get hit water cannon, trunchons and on up to rifle fire.

Civilized folk don't riot.  Period.  They may demonstrate; sometimes quite loudly; and if all else fails sever the bond of civil relationships and engage in open war.  But rioting in the streets is the mode of unthinking animals, and those who do such deserve little consideration beyond that afforded to rabid animals running loose in the streets.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 02:20:41 AM »
Not politics.

Closed.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.