Author Topic: Walking dead season 5 (Spoilers)  (Read 54220 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Walking dead season 5 (Spoilers)
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2014, 03:34:07 PM »
Two Three questions/observations I had at the end of the episode:

1) Will Eugene's injuries prove fatal or, if not, cause permanent brain damage?

2) Will Abraham be tempted, once again, to eat his gun?  Getting Eugene to D.C. seemed to be his sole reason to carry on, and with that gone, what else is there?  Besides shagging whats-her-name, that is.

3) With Eugene's secret revealed, I presume Team Abraham will be rejoining Team Rick at the church.

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2014, 03:52:12 PM »
Two Three questions/observations I had at the end of the episode:

1) Will Eugene's injuries prove fatal or, if not, cause permanent brain damage?

2) Will Abraham be tempted, once again, to eat his gun?  Getting Eugene to D.C. seemed to be his sole reason to carry on, and with that gone, what else is there?  Besides shagging whats-her-name, that is.

3) With Eugene's secret revealed, I presume Team Abraham will be rejoining Team Rick at the church.

1)  My gut says yes.
2)  Yes.  But will he in the end? 
3)  Agreed.  But I see them having to deal with trying to talk Abraham off the ledge.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: Walking dead season 5
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2014, 01:47:22 AM »
My prediction is the scientist is a fraud.

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2014, 11:12:44 PM »
Posted for no particular reason (other than an excuse to look at Emily Kinney's bum):

https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/advisor/emily-kinney-bum-pic-celebrates-daryl-walking-dead-221308679.html

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2014, 11:16:51 AM »
Firstly they trolled everybody good with Darryl burning the body.
Second, now there's another minor black character to kill off quickly  :rofl:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2014, 11:18:56 AM »
Second, now there's another minor black character to kill off quickly  :rofl:

He better not p'o Darryl -- again.  
Next time he probably won't relent, and leave him under a bookcase. :O
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2014, 11:55:00 AM »

Maybe I missed something, but who/what was trolled?

Chris

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2014, 02:13:59 PM »
Maybe I missed something, but who/what was trolled?

Chris

Media/social media played up the scene of him burning the body, which was leaked at the end of last week as a possible lead on Beth's fate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JD

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2014, 02:24:10 PM »
Media/social media played up the scene of him burning the body, which was leaked at the end of last week as a possible lead on Beth's fate.

Ahh, gotcha.  I don't pay attention to that stuff, so I was unaware.

Chris

Jamisjockey

• friend
Walking dead season 5 (Spoilers)
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2014, 10:04:01 AM »
Okay half burned asphalt zombies are horrifying.

And Sasha is a dipshit.  I knew he was gonna make a play.  That first cop hit it perfectly, they were the antagonists against the female cop running the show.
She doesn't want them back.

JD

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2014, 01:13:01 AM »
Beth's dead, baby.  Beth's dead.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2014, 07:44:30 AM »
Beyond pissed right now.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2014, 02:25:35 PM »
It just dawned on me that this may be a first for the show...

There is no identifiable "major threat" character in the show right now.

No Shane, no Governor, no Garrett/Mary, no whatever the cop woman's name was...

Even when the Governor had been 'defeated' he was still out in the ether as a potential threat, one of the reasons why Michone kept looking for him.

Now, though, unless the cops at the hospital decide to get some revenge, I have to wonder what's going to pop up in the second half of the season...

I'm still madder than hell about last night, though.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2014, 06:50:11 PM »
A show based on a sort of silly, make believe premise.  And yet it draws you in and causes a gut wrenching emotional reaction.  That is what great drama (and great acting) is supposed to do.  We may not like the plot twists, but- Well done, Bravo.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2014, 11:18:20 PM »
A show based on a sort of silly, make believe premise. 

That's exactly what they want you to believe  [tinfoil] [tinfoil]
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2014, 11:40:35 PM »
A show based on a sort of silly, make believe premise.  And yet it draws you in and causes a gut wrenching emotional reaction.  That is what great drama (and great acting) is supposed to do.  We may not like the plot twists, but- Well done, Bravo.

I remember just before it debuted, I was thinking a weekly show about zombies (which I do like) would get old really quick, regardless of how well you liked zombies.

I'm happy to say I was dead (get it?) wrong!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2014, 10:04:41 AM »
Man did that suck.  I understand why Norman Readus said it was one of the tougher scenes he's shot on the show.  Kind of like when Sophia came out of the barn in Season 2, just ripping at the heart strings.

I'm guessing the second half of the season will introduce another baddie.  Issues that make us talk at work...
 - What's the deal with Father Gabriel?  Is he a fool, or is there evil lurking inside...
 - What role is Morgan going to play in all of this?
 - Where will the group head now that there's no reason to go to D.C.?
 - What happened to the spin-off series that was being discussed last year?  Where will it be set?
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2014, 11:34:33 AM »
Rick is acting like Shane now.Hitting that ex-cop with the car was my ohmygawdicantbelievehedidthat moment.I wonder if the group will find him to be a liability.

I can see Abraham taking over the group.

In the previews Michone is shown having a mini meltdown.I can't wait to see why.

Overall,I'm disappointed with how this season has started.The Terminus angle might have been extended a bit.The pace is slower and un-focused.When something does happen it's over really quickly.The episode with the melted dead kinda irritated me.No scorch marks on the buildings,wood framed windows still intact.Temperatures hot enough to liquefy asphalt that doesn't cook the walkers.Suspension of disbelief is one thing that was well beyond that.It's like a 400 page book that moves at a slow,almost boring,but steady pace.Then just when you realize that there's only fifteen pages left and are wondering about a sequel,the author introduces Aliens that swoop down,pluck Timmy from the well,eat Lassie and go back to Omega-3.The end.Roll credits.A cheat.

Wikipedia shows the Morgan character as being in two episodes this season.Apparently he'll make an appearance in the second half sometime.

Also from Wikipedia,about the spin off series:
  Companion series[edit]

In September 2013, AMC announced they were developing a companion series to The Walking Dead, which will follow a different set of characters created by Robert Kirkman.[66] In September 2014, AMC ordered a pilot to go into production in late 2014, which was written by Kirkman and Dave Erickson. It will be executive produced by Kirkman, Erickson, Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert, with Erickson to serve as showrunner.[67] On December 1, 2014, it was confirmed the untitled Walking Dead spinoff, aka Cobalt, would take place during the same zombie apocalypse depicted on The Walking Dead but in a different location. It revolves around a male divorced teacher and a female guidance counselor. Frank Dillane will play the woman's son who has a battling drug problem and Alycia Debnam-Carey will play the woman's daughter.

I hope for a better good second half.
jeff w

I like onions!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2014, 01:24:26 PM »
"Aliens that swoop down,pluck Timmy from the well,eat Lassie and go back to Omega-3."

I like it.

That said, I liked the first half of this season. A LOT.

I was rather shocked that the Terminus angle played out as quickly as it did, but then again, if it had dragged on for several weeks or longer, woudln't it just be another Woodbury? Beth in the hospital was this half-season's recurrent storyline. I like that it was wrapped up, even though I hate how it was done.

As for Father Gabriel, I can't really see him being anything more than a minor character. He reached his epiphany regarding the nature of the Terminus crowd when he saw the leftover Bob-B-Que, but I'm not so sure that he's made the leap to full-fledged zombie killer. You could see that when he tossed the female zombie off, picked up a rock to crush her skull, and then couldn't finish the deed when he was the cross around her neck.

Rick is acting like Shane....

No.

Rick has become more ruthless, some of the Ricktator is back, but other than that he's nothing like Shane.

Shane wanted to lead the group not because he felt he was the better leader, but because he wanted Lori, and he was willing to kill Rick AND endanger the entire group to get her.

Rick is focused on leading and protecting his people. A good example is how they approached getting Beth and Carol back.

Shane would have gone in, guns blazing. Rick also wanted to take that approach.

Shane never would have moved away from that position. Trade even up? Hell no, go in and kill them. Rick's willingness to try a different method, one with less possible potential of bloodshed and which would be mutually beneficial, shows that he's not a Shane.

I think in a lot of ways Shane was a lot more like the Governor. Relentless, vicious, and once he decides on a path, nothing will change his mind.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 01:36:12 PM by Mike Irwin »

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2014, 01:43:08 PM »
The violence/drama has taken a backseat, I think, to the psychological exploration we've discussed before. E.g., Gabriel has gotten through the zombpocalypse without actively lifting a hand to kill anyone/thing, but he's tortured because his cowardice & passivity caused deaths anyway (witness machete-head). Eugene has survived by guile and deception. Dawn and the hospital crew illustrate evil born of good intentions. In contrast, Rick's simple "all you had to do was stop" approach seems almost refreshing. And Beth's demise was shocking, but that's exactly what the creators of this ridiculous thrill ride intended.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2014, 04:11:52 PM »
Because we're gunnies, how about that revolver Maggie is carrying?  Smith R8.  Awesome gun.  Not as nice as Rick's Python, but it's nice to see some revolver love in the show...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2014, 03:34:31 AM »
I was looking but couldn't find it - I predicted way back when they were on the farm that Beth was gonna die.... I was still surprised because it was beginning to look like she had a real future .....

I think they are so used to protecting Eugene that they will continue to do so and he will evolve into a useful member, they seem to want a priest around to remind them of civilization - i predict he will baptize Judith and the previews suggest they have some real funerals ....

I think they go back to take over woodbury and "do it right" but a tsunami of walkers arrives at the end of the season as a cliff hangar - next to die is tyreeses sister whatshername - the one that let the rouge cop knock her out - she's a good shot but a dumbass

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2014, 09:08:04 AM »
I think they will appreciate Eugene as being a smart guy with useful ideas; possibly taking up his notion of traveling to DC to check for a stable enclave of civilization. 
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2014, 09:25:15 AM »
I predict that Eugene will outlive Abraham.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2014, 10:10:14 PM »
I predict that Eugene will outlive Abraham.

I'm gonna hold you to that!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G