Author Topic: The vast TSA conspiracy  (Read 1045 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
The vast TSA conspiracy
« on: June 08, 2017, 07:19:12 AM »
It must be a conspiracy.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/06/06/terror-attacks-in-britain-come-as-summer-travel-season-kicks-off/

Now that the airlines are charging more for checked bags, the TSA is moving toward requiring more and more things to go in checked luggage -- thereby requiring more passengers to check luggage that they might otherwise have carried into the cabin. The prospect of air travel becomes less and less attractive daily.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zahc

• friend
Re: The vast TSA conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 07:30:25 AM »
I don't fly a tremendous amount, but I seem to remember that lithium batteries were specifically not allowed in the cargo hold. I even remember being forced to remove a bundle of lithium batteries from my luggage to my carry-on. Now they want laptops to be placed in checked baggage? What about the lithium fire risk? Given the very low chance of terrorism, even a small fire risk multiplied by millions of passengers seems like it could easily make things worse.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 07:51:16 AM »
It must be a conspiracy.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/06/06/terror-attacks-in-britain-come-as-summer-travel-season-kicks-off/

Now that the airlines are charging more for checked bags, the TSA is moving toward requiring more and more things to go in checked luggage -- thereby requiring more passengers to check luggage that they might otherwise have carried into the cabin. The prospect of air travel becomes less and less attractive daily.

For me personally the prospect of air travel is already unattractive enough that the odds of me flying somewhere are astronomically against it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 07:57:14 AM »
For me personally the prospect of air travel is already unattractive enough that the odds of me flying somewhere are astronomically against it.

And remember - the same .gov managing air travel would really, REALLY like for us all to give up personal autos and rely completely on "public transportation" for our ground travel needs.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 08:16:43 AM »

You do realize to our masters, your unwillingness to travel makes you an unsophisticated flyover country hick
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 08:57:03 AM »
You do realize to our masters, your unwillingness to travel makes you an unsophisticated flyover country hick

And I can own that label like a big dog!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 12:16:54 PM »
But I don't want my laptop tossed around like a child's toy or it and my data/info stolen!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!