Author Topic: Street wars  (Read 1404 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Street wars
« on: January 23, 2008, 05:19:19 PM »

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
Re: Street wars
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 04:44:27 AM »
Sounds like a good way for someone to get shot or arrested.
Other than that, good fun.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

Chris

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 04:49:16 AM »
We played a variation of this while I was in law school.  Only we had rules as to some places that were off limits, like any place of employment, or inside the school/library.  It worked out pretty well for us, and was fun.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 05:12:59 AM »
Good way to get either shot or peppersprayed.

On a dark street, pulling out a gun-shaped object of any sort, especially when you can't see the color (sodium streetlights?) is just asking to get shot, especially by a cop.

Remember, Lazer Tag died out back in the 80's after a kid playing it outside around a school after dark was shot and killed by a jumpy cop.

Plus, how do people know what's in a watergun these days? It could be anything from an irritant to gasoline, people have made super soakers into flamethrowers. While it will break down the seals quickly, a Super Soaker will fire naptha, acetone, tolulene, etc. Even Drano. Or if someone is really sadistic, PCP can be made into a liquid suspension, and can affect someone very badly just through skin contact. They'd think it was just water 'till they suddenly went on a bad trip.

Kid with supersoaker = kid playing. Adult with supersoaker = pressurized liquid projection device and possible threat.

If you want to play at shooting people with gun-shaped objects, go to a paintball place or one of the arena-style laser tag venues. Keep it off the street...that's just asking for it.

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 06:24:28 AM »
We played it back in the 80's, though it was called T.A.G. (the assassination game).   There was even a cheesy movie that was based on the game:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084756/
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 06:45:36 AM »
Hey, I _won_ one of those games... 64 entrants, and the final showdown was in the center of campus when the doof ran up to me, and he'd forgot to load his dart gun... Took my time and tagged him.

Blog under construction

Dntsycnt

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 06:50:41 AM »
That's great.

TF_FH

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 07:06:39 AM »
people have made super soakers into flamethrowers.
I did that once.  Worked pretty well until like you said, the seals started breaking down.

Iain

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 07:19:26 AM »
Had a girlfriend at university who was in the Assassins Society. She'd got through to the last four or five when one evening, walking down the street with me, she was shot in the back of the head at close range.

Only imaginary and all that, but a sobering experience.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also