Author Topic: Muslim Students Stressed by Gender Mingling  (Read 23657 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Muslim Students Stressed by Gender Mingling
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2008, 08:28:28 AM »
Christians have the Westboro Baptists to bear, atheists have Tecumseh & his Westboro Atheists.

Strangely enough, both exhibit a similar ignorance of Christianity.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2008, 08:47:33 AM »
Quote from: Tecumseh
Those are from the Bible.  The holiest tome in the Christian religion asking for barbaric acts to be committed.

That shows astounding ignorance. Those parts of the Bible are Jewish texts; they are included in the Bible because Christianity sees itself as the fulfillment of Judaism. The New Testament specifically moves the religion past those laws.
  So then why are Christians so against gay marriage?  I have always seen them cite these passages? 

So then I am not pissing off god by not honoring thy mother and father or the rest of the 10 commandants?

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2008, 08:48:57 AM »
Christians have the Westboro Baptists to bear, atheists have Tecumseh & his Westboro Atheists.

Strangely enough, both exhibit a similar ignorance of Christianity.

I am not from Westboro.

But I do thank you for implying that I am getting the good word out about atheism.  Hallelujah!  Praise the monkeys that we descended from. Wink

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2008, 01:58:20 PM »
Remember, always use a medium sized stone on a woman who will not obey. grin

Bet on the women?  Ummm, O.K., and where have the women prevailed against the Muslims?  Iran?  Lebanon?  Afghanistan?  Where have the women won in the Islamic world?
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2008, 04:10:49 PM »
  So then why are Christians so against gay marriage?  I have always seen them cite these passages? 

So then I am not pissing off god by not honoring thy mother and father or the rest of the 10 commandants?

It is not "all or nothing".

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2008, 07:00:20 PM »
Remember, always use a medium sized stone on a woman who will not obey. grin

Bet on the women?  Ummm, O.K., and where have the women prevailed against the Muslims?  Iran?  Lebanon?  Afghanistan?  Where have the women won in the Islamic world?

They win locally all the time-it's just that because women's rights aren't relevant to the agenda of Islam bashing, such victories go uncelebrated, and are often reversed by the clients of Western governments under the guise of "secularism."
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

El Tejon

• friend
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2008, 02:20:00 AM »
And this would be where?

Where do women win when the Islamists push their agenda?
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2008, 04:11:03 AM »
And this would be where?

He won't answer that.

I'd really like for shootinstudent to meet that Muslim woman who had to stop her law practice in Germany because of the death threats and at least one attempt on her life specifically for being "un-Islamic". He might learn something.

El Tejon

• friend
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2008, 05:06:57 AM »
Maybe Turkey?  However, that was done with the military and not women.

Besides the Islamists in Turkey are getting stronger in Turkey and in Germany.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2008, 06:11:41 AM »
How silly of us. All of Islam, and all of its adherents, are paragons when it comes to the protection and advancement of women's causes. All of these reports are just horrific examples of Islam smearing by Christians.

This?

"A young man, a student of journalism, is sentenced to death by an Islamic court for downloading a report from the internet. The sentence is then upheld by the country's rulers. This is Afghanistan  not in Taliban times but six years after "liberation" and under the democratic rule of the West's ally Hamid Karzai.

The fate of Sayed Pervez Kambaksh has led to domestic and international protests, and deepening concern about erosion of civil liberties in Afghanistan. He was accused of blasphemy after he downloaded a report from a Farsi website which stated that Muslim fundamentalists who claimed the Koran justified the oppression of women had misrepresented the views of the prophet Mohamed." (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/sentenced-to-death-afghan-who-dared-to-read-about-womens-rights-775972.html)

He wasn't sentenced to death! He was given a commendation, a high paying goverment job, and asked to chair a committee to design belly shirts and low rider jeans that Islamic women can use to make themselves sexy!

Christians! Christians are the cause of all of this!

I really think ShootingStudent is trying to serve up a lot of Wahabi with that fishy smell...

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2008, 08:49:28 AM »
And this would be where?

The United States. 

Iraq, I mean we are bringing freedom there.  Right?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2008, 01:35:04 PM »
To illustrate the folly of this reasoning, I offer an example of similarly poor reasoning and rhetoric applied to Christians:

"American Christians do not allow any mixing of the genders, because they believe that unquestionable obedience to 'Christ' [the Christian word for God] demands complete separation.  Women who mingle with men are subject to discipline, and can even be expelled from university for so-called 'immodest behavior' according to the Christian interpretation of 'loyalty to Christ', the religious code that governs every minute aspect of the Christian life....for example, the following is from the laws governing students at a well-known American Christian religious institution:

http://www.bju.edu/prospective/expect/general.html
Bad example.

"Christ" is not the Christian word for God. "God" is the Christian word for God. "Christ" is a contraction for "Jesus, the Christed One," who was not God but the son of God.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2008, 02:58:21 PM »
Quote from: Tecumseh
Those are from the Bible.  The holiest tome in the Christian religion asking for barbaric acts to be committed.

That shows astounding ignorance. Those parts of the Bible are Jewish texts; they are included in the Bible because Christianity sees itself as the fulfillment of Judaism. The New Testament specifically moves the religion past those laws.

Lotta passages in the New Testament against homosexuality.

Again, just.... astonishing. I dunno about God but I hope you're vexing the mods enough to warrant a good smiting.  smiley Welcome to my ignore list.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2008, 04:37:29 PM »
And this would be where?

They won in Pakistan, where the religious courts flatly banned forced marriage and imposed the death sentence on rapists.

They also won in the Palestinian Authority, where Islamists demanded the right to run and elect female representatives.

They also organized their own schools and shelters for women in Afghanistan (RAWA), pursuing an anti-warlord agenda and later anti-Taliban agenda.

In Syria they are leading the underground religious movement that now represents the most realistic threat to the Assad regime...women's Qu'ranic schools.  They illegally wore headscarves to protest the regime, and won the right to wear them...they continue to be a thorn in the side of the regime.

But hey, none of those examples count, because they don't prove that Islam is bad, and they aren't on CNN every night, right?
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2008, 04:42:10 PM »
How silly of us. All of Islam, and all of its adherents, are paragons when it comes to the protection and advancement of women's causes. All of these reports are just horrific examples of Islam smearing by Christians.

This?

"A young man, a student of journalism, is sentenced to death by an Islamic court for downloading a report from the internet. The sentence is then upheld by the country's rulers. This is Afghanistan  not in Taliban times but six years after "liberation" and under the democratic rule of the West's ally Hamid Karzai.

The fate of Sayed Pervez Kambaksh has led to domestic and international protests, and deepening concern about erosion of civil liberties in Afghanistan. He was accused of blasphemy after he downloaded a report from a Farsi website which stated that Muslim fundamentalists who claimed the Koran justified the oppression of women had misrepresented the views of the prophet Mohamed." (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/sentenced-to-death-afghan-who-dared-to-read-about-womens-rights-775972.html)

Notice how obviously shifting your claim is here-are you talking about honor killing? No. 

Of course there are people who don't support women's rights in the Islamic community.  That doesn't mean they think honor killing carries religious sanction.

Sorry, but it looks like you are stretching to make a point.  You started off claiming that some Muslims claim honor killing is sanctioned by the religion.  I responded by claiming that no group, not even the psychos like Bin Laden, claims this.  You post an example of some guy being punished for supporting women's rights.

Pulling some nutty position claimed by Muslims out of the hat on another topic does not prove an iota of your claims about honor killing. 

We can all agree that there are some Muslims who claim that Islam supports bad things; just as there are many Muslims who support only good things.  But that doesn't mean that any evil can be ascribed to "extreme Islamists", nor that any good can be ascribed to "moderate Muslims." 

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2008, 04:43:32 PM »
To illustrate the folly of this reasoning, I offer an example of similarly poor reasoning and rhetoric applied to Christians:

"American Christians do not allow any mixing of the genders, because they believe that unquestionable obedience to 'Christ' [the Christian word for God] demands complete separation.  Women who mingle with men are subject to discipline, and can even be expelled from university for so-called 'immodest behavior' according to the Christian interpretation of 'loyalty to Christ', the religious code that governs every minute aspect of the Christian life....for example, the following is from the laws governing students at a well-known American Christian religious institution:

http://www.bju.edu/prospective/expect/general.html
Bad example.

"Christ" is not the Christian word for God. "God" is the Christian word for God. "Christ" is a contraction for "Jesus, the Christed One," who was not God but the son of God.

Except that the Son of God is God in Christian theology.  The example is accurate; it's just grossly misleading and implies that some things are "inherent and fundamental" in Christianity, when they obviously are not.  That was the purpose of the comparison.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2008, 04:44:42 PM »
And this would be where?

He won't answer that.

I'd really like for shootinstudent to meet that Muslim woman who had to stop her law practice in Germany because of the death threats and at least one attempt on her life specifically for being "un-Islamic". He might learn something.

I'd like for you to meet the family of the Sikh gas station owner who was murdered after September 11th.  You might learn something about where all this culture of hype and "it's the MOOOOOSLIIIIIMMSSS!" is taking our country.

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2008, 05:07:08 PM »
Mesa, AZ.: Service for Murdered Gas Station Owner
On September 15th, Balbir Singh Sodhi, an Indian gas station owner, was murdered in what authorities called a racially motivated shooting spree in the wake of the September  11th terrorist attacks. Sodhi, a Sikh, had a long beard and wore a turban and may have been mistaken for an Arab.

The murder outraged the community of Mesa, and 3,000 people of diverse faiths and backgrounds gathered to mourn his death. Sikhs, Jews, Muslims and Christians, among others, offered prayers and sympathy to Sodhi's family. The public outpouring also included more than 10,000 letters and notes of sympathy sent to the victim's family. The community also signed a banner to hang in the door of the Sodhi's gas station.

Washington, DC Area

Interfaith Groups Support Vandalized Muslim Community Center in Herndon, VA
A.D.A.M.S. (All Dulles Area Muslim Society) was a target of vandalism in the days following the September 11th attacks-someone spray-painted anti-Muslim obscenities in the mosque-but the community quickly stepped in to help. Neighboring churches volunteered to pay for the damages, and members of a nearby Jewish congregation gave ADAMS a poster of support.

Community Supports Vandalized Islamic Bookstore in Alexandria, VA
After two bricks were thrown through the window of an Islamic bookstore, 15 bouquets of flowers arrived for store manager Hazim Barakat, along with 50 cards from around the country. A local businessman paid for the window to be repaired, and Christian ministers and a Rabbi stopped by to lend their support.

Candlelight Vigil for Mosque in Falls Church, Virginia
Patricia Morris noticed that the Dar al-Hijrahin mosque in her neighborhood looked closed down. After leafleting her subdivision, 30 people joined her in a candlelight vigil outside the mosque. They were greeted by Muslims attending evening prayers who distributed white roses to the vigil participants

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2008, 05:21:06 PM »
And this would be where?

He won't answer that.

I'd like for you to meet the family of the Sikh gas station owner who was murdered after September 11th.  You might learn something about where all this culture of hype and "it's the MOOOOOSLIIIIIMMSSS!" is taking our country.

Dang, but the shade of that Sikh must be tired, as he is dragged out in about every argument that dares mention the (as Monty Python might put it) "violence inherent in the system" in Islam as practiced by its adherents.

Poor fellow must have really been on the wrong side of his deity to merit his use as a bludgeon in support of the co-religionists who treated them so poorly on the sub-continent.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2008, 05:32:20 PM »
And this would be where?

He won't answer that.

Dang, but the shade of that Sikh must be tired, as he is dragged out in about every argument that dares mention the (as Monty Python might put it) "violence inherent in the system" in Islam as practiced by its adherents.

Poor fellow must have really been on the wrong side of his deity to merit his use as a bludgeon in support of the co-religionists who treated them so poorly on the sub-continent.

Nice-so his death shouldn't be a warning to those who whip up a culture of fear and hatred of Muslims because it's mentioned all the time?

Tired examples (like the evil brown man abusing his woman in Arabia) are dragged out on both sides of this debate.  That makes the points behind them no more or less real.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2008, 06:01:37 PM »
Bogie LIKE wasabi!

And hey, some of the radicalized stuff is kinda cool... "Hey, beyotch, bring yo daddy a fresh fruity beverage, and do it now, or we be gettin' stoned, and I ain't talkin' about that freaky deaky thai stuff either..."

Blog under construction

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2008, 06:05:17 PM »
correct me if i'm wrong but mif i remember right the guy who killed the sikh was the kinda cretin who would be asked to leave a trailer park.and he was caught and prosecuted