Author Topic: Scumbag of the year winners  (Read 4579 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Scumbag of the year winners
« on: February 21, 2008, 01:10:10 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,331732,00.html

Parents of Baby Left Alone in Car Seat for 8 Days Face Murder Charges

Thursday , February 21, 2008
PEORIA, Ill. 

A central Illinois couple faces first-degree murder charges in the death of their 5-month-old baby, who was found unresponsive in a car seat that had been placed in a crib.
Both Tracey Hermann, 21, and James Sargent, 23, appeared Wednesday in Peoria County Circuit Court in the death of Benjamin Sargent.

The charges state the parents' actions or lack thereof, were "brutal and heinous . . . indicative of wanton cruelty," factors that could mean they face up to 100 years in prison if convicted.

The 5-month-old was dropped off at his parents' house on Feb. 4, strapped into his car seat. Eight days later, he was found in the same position, said Peoria County State's Attorney Kevin Lyons during a bond hearing for the parents.

"He died from starvation due to neglect from these two defendants, his parents," Lyons said. "It's the worst case of child neglect we have seen since the turn of this century."

Sargent said virtually nothing, during a 20-minute hearing before Peoria County Circuit Judge Glenn Collier. Hermann told Collier her attorney was in Hawaii so she requested a court-appointed lawyer.

Collier ordered the two held without bond pending a hearing Friday, when it is expected that Lyons will present more evidence as to why the two should not be released pending trial.

Peoria County Coroner Johnna Ingersoll said Wednesday the baby weighed 10 pounds when he was found by police. He was nearly eight pounds at birth, she said.

Reading from a prepared statement, Lyons said police found the infant sitting in his own waste, all the while strapped into the seat which was in a crib.

During the eight days the baby was strapped in the seat, both Hermann and Sargent were home, "playing video games, watching TV, feeding and caring for themselves," Lyons said.

Lawyers in the state's attorney's juvenile division have begun proceedings to permanently remove Hermann's 3-year-old daughter from the home. That child was staying with another family member but is now in the care of Department of Family and Children's Services.

I hope they rot.  For a long, long, _long_ time.  Or, as was suggested on Glocktalk, where I stole the story from, perhaps they could be placed in two over sized car seats and left to starve.

Tecumseh

• friend
Re: Scumbag of the year winners
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 06:29:12 PM »
They should have just gotten the abortion.  Thats a local story from my neck of the woods.  Its pretty sick, isnt it?

doc2rn

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 06:37:13 PM »
Some people should not be allowed to reproduce.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 02:25:18 AM »
They should have just gotten the abortionAdoption.  Thats a local story from my neck of the woods.  Its pretty sick, isnt it?

Fixed for you.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Lee

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 04:54:25 AM »
Absolutely sickening story.  Sometimes the old 'eye for an eye' theory should be enforced.  An ant hill would even be more fitting.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 01:18:18 PM »
They should have just gotten the abortion.  forced sterilization.
Its pretty sick, isnt it?

angry
7-11 was a part time job.

DJJ

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 03:40:16 PM »
Compare this with the TSA locking the sick baby, mother and nurse in the room. Murder charges vs. what? Nothing yet? Why the double standard?

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 05:03:06 PM »
One was perpetrated by evil SOBs, the other by the child's parents.

Evil has always existed, but evil backed by the rule of law is worse IMO.  Unfortunately, the latter rarely sees justice.

Chris

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 07:22:40 PM »
They should have just gotten the abortionAdoption.  Thats a local story from my neck of the woods.  Its pretty sick, isnt it?

Fixed for you.
No you didn't.   There are  so many kids waiting to be adopted now, one more would not hurt but I doubt it would help.

Either way I have not heard to much about this in Bloomington-Normal which is one of the closer major cities.

Strings

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 01:32:01 AM »
Folks, let's PLEASE avoid getting into the abortion argument here! Nothing good ever comes of it...

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 02:39:08 AM »
Now would be a good time to implement the methods of Vlad Tepes.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 06:52:47 PM »
There are  so many kids waiting to be adopted now, one more would not hurt but I doubt it would help.

so many that folks have to go overseas to adopt.

Adopting kids overseas grows more complicated

By Tanya Bricking
Advertiser Staff Writer

Tommy and Gayle Ohashi pack for their trip with some help from daughter Madison.
Gregory Yamamoto " The Honolulu Advertiser

Gayle and Tommy Ohashi have two baby pictures of a stranger, and they've already fallen in love with her.

This little girl in a Chinese orphanage is the one they've dreamed of to complete their family. So they refuse to let a little global uncertainty stand in the way of an international adoption.

The couple and a daughter they adopted from China two years ago will board a plane today, along with six other parents-to-be from Hawai'i, to meet their new children.

The Ohashis will finally hold a girl named Le Wang. They will rename her Morgan Le Wang Ohashi. They will celebrate her first birthday next week. And they will bring her home to Honolulu.

Kristine Altwies Nicholson counts these families among those "still brave enough to go" despite tension stemming from Sept. 11. Since then, adoption applications at her agency, Hawaii International Child, have dropped by about 50 percent.

She normally sends would-be parents to China, Kazakstan, Russia, Ukraine, Guatemala and Azerbaijan, calming their anxiousness about the adoption process. But bigger fears are getting in the way. 
Today, Tommy and Gayle Ohashi head for China's Guangdong province to adopt Le Wang whom they will rename Morgan Le Wang Ohashi.

The Sept. 11 attacks have led to a shift in priorities for U.S. embassies and immigration officials, snagging paperwork for thousands of families waiting to adopt overseas.

Americans adopted 18,477 foreign-born children last year, according to the National Adoption Information Clearinghouse. But the numbers are likely to dip this year as adoption agencies nationwide report a decline in applications.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 09:10:15 PM »
Strings, don't discount the concept...

Retroactive abortion. Most effectively administered via  230 grain pill...

Blog under construction

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2008, 03:27:11 AM »
The wonder metal that is lead

So many uses, so little ammo
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2008, 03:52:06 AM »

Fixed for you.
No you didn't.   There are  so many kids waiting to be adopted now, one more would not hurt but I doubt it would help.

Either way I have not heard to much about this in Bloomington-Normal which is one of the closer major cities.

I'm just pooping on your head.
You claim to be a RP supporter.  Which means you're probably libertarian.  How anyone of a libertarian slant can be pro abortion is beyond me.  That little life, whether you believe in goD or Evolution (like I do), didn't have a choice on being created.  The moment cells divided, it became a life.  It didn't get the choice to end its life, that is being made for it by someone else?  Isn't that known as murder?
I find the practice abhorrent. 
Of course, I don't have the luxury of being an idyllic student with minimal life experience.  Must be nice.

Oh, and your comments on adoption are absurd.  Have you ever tried to adopt a new born or child under the age of 2?  Come back to me when you've been down that road.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2008, 03:57:13 AM »
oh come on jamis! he took a class that covered adoption  hes got it down pat.
wanna hear a sad thing about adoption?  when i was in my early 20's i was cleared to foster and adopt kids. i was a serious alcholic and junky. now i'm clean and sober 15 years and would not qualify. and its someone like tecumseh who made the determinations as to my suitability both times

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2008, 04:31:06 AM »
oh come on jamis! he took a class that covered adoption  hes got it down pat.
wanna hear a sad thing about adoption?  when i was in my early 20's i was cleared to foster and adopt kids. i was a serious alcholic and junky. now i'm clean and sober 15 years and would not qualify. and its someone like tecumseh who made the determinations as to my suitability both times

We went through the foster care course in Utah.  It was actually pretty easy, but we never made it to the last part where they come and do a home visit, etc.  Wife got pregnant the last day of the course....after being told she'd never get pregnant.
Oh, this was after visiting with several adoption agencies, being on a couple waiting lists for a newborn, oh and interviewing birth parents.  It would have been very easy if we'd had 100k in the bank.....
 rolleyes

JD

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2008, 04:53:39 AM »
i have 2 friends who are a couple years older than me. they differ from me politically and philisophically greatly. they are however the kinda folks one would dream of adopting their kids should something happen to make that needed. great folks and awesome parents. at a lil over 40 they wanted to adopt. they were told they were to old. by some snot nosed kid who smelled of similac and had issues with his own parents.but he did have a degree.  they adopted a very lucky chinese girl. both their kids are outstanding kids. i tease them about how lucky they were.  but luck has very lil to do with it. the srtupidity and arrogance that denied them the right to adopt annoys me no end. these folks were ready and able to take on a more difficult child but were told no.the snot nose can't /won't come up with an answer

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2008, 05:08:16 AM »
i have 2 friends who are a couple years older than me. they differ from me politically and philisophically greatly. they are however the kinda folks one would dream of adopting their kids should something happen to make that needed. great folks and awesome parents. at a lil over 40 they wanted to adopt. they were told they were to old. by some snot nosed kid who smelled of similac and had issues with his own parents.but he did have a degree.  they adopted a very lucky chinese girl. both their kids are outstanding kids. i tease them about how lucky they were.  but luck has very lil to do with it. the srtupidity and arrogance that denied them the right to adopt annoys me no end. these folks were ready and able to take on a more difficult child but were told no.the snot nose can't /won't come up with an answer

Sad.
I was actually very impressed by all the people I met in dealing with Utah foster care.  They were certainly not the types to tell a 40 year old couple they were too old.
JD

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2008, 05:14:03 AM »
i'm not sure which is worse  the fact that my friends were rejected or that i wasn't back when i was a daily quart of liquor drinking coke junkie
foster care can be tricky. often you have to clear anything you do with the parents. down to haircuts and whether you can haul em to church with you. some of the parents can be "difficult". i considered adopting a friends son. decided to pass cause i knewe she'd resurface and that if she did i'd feel compelled to kill her. she had let gabriel eat some rock cocaine when he was 18 months  he spent some time in a coma.i'm not as forgiving as i'd like to be

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2008, 12:49:23 PM »
Need to have a background check before being allowed to have children  rolleyes
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin