Author Topic: Making Manedwolf cry  (Read 4245 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Making Manedwolf cry
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2008, 06:39:35 AM »
I've seen Mosins cut down like that in stories on the Russian mob. Never seen a swiss one chopped tho.

Chopping down Mosins goes at least as far back as the 1917-22 Civil War. IIRC it had something to do with wielding the weapon more easily on horseback for those massed cavalry engagements. At such distances, accuracy is not an issue, but it still makes one wonder how they kept the thing under control.

It just flew out of their hands and was picked up by the soldier behind them.  cheesy

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2008, 06:49:43 AM »
Pennsylvania Museum has a .303 Lee Enfield similarly chopped down.

It came in with weapons from the 28th Division after World War II.

The tag on it said that it had been used by an Allied POW to escape from German captivity.

True or not, I don't know.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

rjohnson4405

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2008, 06:51:34 AM »
I felt like I read a chopped down rifle like this being used by resistance fighters underground during world war II or something. Probably read it on THR...

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2008, 07:02:05 AM »
Pennsylvania Museum has a .303 Lee Enfield similarly chopped down.

It came in with weapons from the 28th Division after World War II.

The tag on it said that it had been used by an Allied POW to escape from German captivity.

True or not, I don't know.

Where would you have found much .303 British ammo in Germany, though?

If I had to do that, I'd have used it once to take down an isolated soldier somewhere, and take something like a Schmeisser that could be easily concealed in a coat? (and then try to look as German and inconspicuous as possible while trying to get on a train out of Germany!)

Unless they mean it was just used to get out of someplace, which I could see. I'd be curious as to the full story of it!