Author Topic: "White Power" at the Army Navy Game  (Read 1834 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"White Power" at the Army Navy Game
« on: December 15, 2019, 08:35:17 AM »
Well,  I guess this is where we see if the higher ups in the services have a pair, or if a bunch of kids lose their careers before they even start them:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/12/14/whitepower-trends-after-cadet-at-army-navy-game-flashes-circle-game-symbol/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: "White Power" at the Army Navy Game
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 09:38:02 AM »
"Ha! Made you look!"  *punches Internet in the arm*   :facepalm:
"It's good, though..."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 10:41:18 AM »
Mass hysteria and the madness of the crowds.

Since when is racial and ethnic pride a bad thing anyway?

Still, it seems like a dumb move even if that wasn't their intent.

Anything that can be twisted into racism will be twisted in this current climate.

Even pride in your heritage.

White man bad.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 10:58:02 AM »
Still, it seems like a dumb move even if that wasn't their intent.

I have to say that this is one where I, personally, have drawn my line in the sand.

I don't care about "perception" of whatever group. "Okay" means OKAY. Use the okay sign all you want. Tell the snowflakes to FRO.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 12:21:16 PM »
I have to say that this is one where I, personally, have drawn my line in the sand.

I don't care about "perception" of whatever group. "Okay" means OKAY. Use the okay sign all you want. Tell the snowflakes to FRO.

The hysteria amongst those on the ideological left is the reason the meme around OK exists.

It's meant to trigger them and boy does it work well  :laugh:

In a sane world the adults would request that going forward the young men not purposely troll the weak and simple minded.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 12:36:16 PM »
The hysteria amongst those on the ideological left is the reason the meme around OK exists.

It's meant to trigger them and boy does it work well  :laugh:

In a sane world the adults would request that going forward the young men not purposely troll the weak and simple minded.

What a sad, pathetic, meaningless existence you offer to us.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2019, 02:14:20 PM »
Well, it appears someone(s) was sensible in that the cadets weren't kicked out, but they will apparently be disciplined for being immature. I guess the goofing around punishment is probably par for any course at the academies. At least the snowflake uproar didn't destroy their careers.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/12/20/great-work-everyone-west-point-investigation-concludes-that-cadets-at-army-navy-game-werent-flashing-white-power-symbol-so-when-can-we-expect-media-apologies/

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2019, 02:41:05 PM »
Obviously the investigation was just a cover-up by the patriarchy  ;/  (that was so stupid it was hard to type even in jest)
"It's good, though..."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

MechAg94

• friend
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2019, 08:00:12 PM »
Is there a real white power sign? that insert must have been missing from my white privileged manual.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2019, 08:03:33 PM »
Is there a real white power sign? that insert must have been missing from my white privileged manual.

Closest thing is probably the Roman salute.
"It's good, though..."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2019, 04:59:28 AM »

I think the Aryan gang (Aryan Nation?) has a sign.  Or is it numbers? 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2019, 01:45:49 PM »
Closest thing is probably the Roman salute.
Never heard of that being associated with "white power".  Italian power?

I was thinking the Nazi salute.  If they would stop trying to take free speech rights away from folks they don't like, there would at least be a few of them over in the corner to point to.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2019, 01:50:46 PM »
Never heard of that being associated with "white power".  Italian power?

I was thinking the Nazi salute.  If they would stop trying to take free speech rights away from folks they don't like, there would at least be a few of them over in the corner to point to.

I'm pretty sure the Roman salute and the Nazi salute are the same thing; the Romans had it first so that's what I called it :)
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2019, 02:19:10 PM »
I'm pretty sure the Roman salute and the Nazi salute are the same thing; the Romans had it first so that's what I called it :)

People call it the Roman Salute but IIRC there's no real evidence they actually used it. And also IIRC many think it actually originated from a French painting where Romans were portrayed using it. Much the same thing happened with Viking horned helmets where the portrayal is thought to have originated in opera.

And BTW the Nazi copied the Italian Fascists in using the "Roman" salute.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2019, 02:22:52 PM »
People call it the Roman Salute but IIRC there's no real evidence they actually used it. And also IIRC many think it actually originated from a French painting where Romans were portrayed using it. Much the same thing happened with Viking horned helmets where the portrayal is thought to have originated in opera.

And BTW the Nazi copied the Italians in using the "Roman" salute.
I thought the Romans did a fist in the chest thing, but maybe I got that from movies. 

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2019, 02:23:49 PM »
I thought the Romans did a fist in the chest thing, but maybe I got that from movies. 

Again going on memory here I think that part is true.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes