Author Topic: Global Warming! ==> Climate Change! ==> The glaciers are melting! ==> WHAT?  (Read 830 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
What do you mean it's setting records for snowfall in Iceland? Iceland is supposed to be MELTING!

Wrong again.

https://electroverse.net/icelands-emigration-center-disappears-under-snow/

Maybe Greta needs to make a quick stop in Iceland during her Christmas-New Years break from doomsaying.

I thought this was interesting:

Social Media channels are restricting Electroverse’s reach — be sure to subscribe to receive new post notifications by email (the box is located in the sidebar >>> or scroll down if on mobile).

As usual -- if it doesn't fit the narrative ... ban it, burn it, and ignore it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
I don't know about Iceland, but we are sure seeing glacial retreat and loss of snowpack in the Cascades in Washington.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

dogmush

• friend
We SEEM -and I stress "seem"- to be seeing more temp swings to the extremes regionally, and more extreme extremes when it does.  I have seen some charts that show the Jet streams undulations have larger amplitudes, so in some spots (like Alaska) they are getting more warm air pulled north, and others (like the Midwest) are seeing more arctic air pulled south.  I haven't seen any credible models showing whether this is part of the new changed normal, or if it's a multi year weather change (ala' El Nino/Nina), but I haven't really looked.

Glancing at the Jet stream maps it seems like it's staying pretty far south right now and turning north over eastern Europe crossing the North Sea and dumping the heat and moisture on Scandinavia.  I suspect Iceland is seeing a fair bit of that right now, hence all the snow. 

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
No white Christmas in north Iowa. Global warming!!!!
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Hawkmoon

• friend
In 1966, when I was growing up in Connecticut, my brother and I pooled our funds, traded in my old heap, and bought a new convertible. We lived in Connecticut at the time. On Christmas Eve, the temperature was in the 60s and we drove around to relatives' houses, delivering Christmas presents, with the top down. And we were quite comfortable.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
In 1966, when I was growing up in Connecticut, my brother and I pooled our funds, traded in my old heap, and bought a new convertible. We lived in Connecticut at the time. On Christmas Eve, the temperature was in the 60s and we drove around to relatives' houses, delivering Christmas presents, with the top down. And we were quite comfortable.
That is the problem with Global Warming.  Older people who remember inconvenient things.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge