Author Topic: mass stabbing in Canada  (Read 749 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
mass stabbing in Canada
« on: September 04, 2022, 09:56:51 PM »
https://www.kolotv.com/2022/09/04/canadian-police-10-dead-15-injured-stabbings/?fbclid=IwAR1odr7A3SLRiE3Jrg8_gvLCojht6AqZLtiCQbEZpZclY5pm6z-fvozL-5k

Assistant Commissioner Rhonda Blackmore speaks next to images of Damien Sanderson and Myles Sanderson during a press conference at the Royal Canadian Mounted Police "F" Division headquarters in Regina, Saskatchewan, on Sunday, Sept. 4, 2022. Police said the pair allegedly stabbed and killed multiple people in various locations between the James Smith Cree Nation and in the village of Weldon, northeast of Saskatoon, on Sunday morning, and are presently at large

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: mass stabbing in Canada
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2022, 10:51:55 PM »
Thank gourd none of the victims had a gun, the bad guy might have been shot.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2022, 11:00:44 PM »
I hereby politicize this tragedy! 

(Aw, shucks. Somebody beat me to it, with equal sardonicness (sardonicity?).)

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 12:01:16 AM »
Standing by to see how the U.S. media try to spin this to blame guns, or otherwise assure us that it would have been much worse except for strict gun control in Canada.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2022, 12:19:42 AM »
This is the natural consequence of cutlers marketing whole sets of knives to at-risk young males.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2022, 01:13:25 AM »
This is the natural consequence of cutlers marketing whole sets of knives to at-risk young males.

You are attempting humor.  But stabbing like this is why in the UK there is an active effort to ban knives with a sharp tip.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leicestershire-54002014
Formerly sumpnz

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2022, 09:32:26 AM »
You are attempting humor. 

Yeah, I'm takin' a stab at it.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2022, 09:33:11 AM »
This is a symptom of colonialism. We must round up all the truckers eh.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2022, 09:38:04 AM »
This is a symptom of colonialism. We must round up all the truckers eh.

And all those who hold unacceptable views.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2022, 09:50:28 AM »

A major problem is the availabilty of these high capacity magazines.
7-11 was a part time job.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2022, 09:54:03 AM »
Two threads with the exact same title just in two different sections
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2022, 11:10:53 AM »
That's a sharp observation.
7-11 was a part time job.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2022, 11:53:04 AM »
Even the tip of a butter knife can have a sharpened edge on it without being pointed. With enough force, it will make ya leak! You just have to ban all knives outside of the home unless in a govt approved locked knife carrier with the knives inside individually wrapped in chain-mail.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2022, 03:57:42 PM »
That's a sharp observation.

That's some. Cutting-edge incite there.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2022, 04:00:15 PM »
Even the tip of a butter knife can have a sharpened edge on it without being pointed. With enough force, it will make ya leak! You just have to ban all knives outside of the home unless in a govt approved locked knife carrier with the knives inside individually wrapped in chain-mail.

That's not far from reality in formerly great Britain.  I've seen stories of chefs being arrested for knife possession when traveling with the tools of their trade.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2022, 04:03:05 PM »
That's some. Cutting-edge incite there.

And right on point
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2022, 04:26:42 PM »
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2022, 04:45:45 PM »

we should keep bumping the stories , keep them in the number one slot in both roundtable/politics

HankB

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2022, 06:11:42 PM »
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-48609164

This story from the BBC says that blunt knives were being offered to abuse victims.

It seems to me that it would make more sense to offer a pointy knife to an abuse victim.

Perhaps with some advice:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29FXtcCY8C0
And at about 0:38:             https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZvSGfBv_0w
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2022, 06:13:25 PM »

This story from the BBC says that blunt knives were being offered to abuse victims.

I don't see the point

Oh wait, that's because there isn't one   :rofl:
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2022, 12:26:29 PM »
just a reminder....  (thanks to louderwithcrowder.com for the link)
Canadian PM: You DON'T Have A Right To Use A Gun For Self Defense
https://rumble.com/v181jal-canadian-pm-you-dont-have-a-right-to-use-a-gun-for-self-defense.html

Justin Trudeau: "you can't use a gun for self-protection in Canada. That's not a right that you have in the Constitution or anywhere else"
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2022, 02:49:52 PM »
We need to remember not to be blunt with our humor at these dull politicians (like Mech's reference to Trudeau).  After all, while he may be a sharp dresser, his rhetoric is so often repeated that it is painfully dull.  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”