Author Topic: DHS Officials to Carry Portable SCIFs  (Read 1102 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
DHS Officials to Carry Portable SCIFs
« on: June 27, 2013, 09:37:15 AM »
Given everything that's going on, they should probably hand them out to taxpayers instead. :)

http://www.gsnmagazine.com/node/30221?c=communications
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: DHS Officials to Carry Portable SCIFs
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 09:49:07 AM »
I'm sure hotel staff is going to appreciate having all the furniture stacked on the bed so a 7x7x7 foot tent can be set up in the room  ;/

You sure this isn't from The Onion  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 09:56:18 AM »
I'm sure hotel staff is going to appreciate having all the furniture stacked on the bed so a 7x7x7 foot tent can be set up in the room  ;/

You sure this isn't from The Onion  ???

I am sure the DHS will soon start to dictate to hotels, that they have a 2 room suite (1 normal and 1 just a shell) for this purpose.  :laugh: :laugh:
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 01:10:30 PM »
Slightly off topic but the SCIF I worked in also had a vault.  The vault was an office probably 18X20' that they had encased with 1/4" plate steel and added a huge bank vault type door. It was on the 3rd floor of the building and it was found that the engineer that calculated the weight loading screwed up his math. The whole corner of the building was sinking. We were required to measure, record and report the width of the cracks in the concrete block walls weekly. They did go in and add some structural bracing and the room below was changed from a classroom to storage.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 04:12:29 PM »
TSCIFs are not a new thing. I'm surprised they're just now procuring them
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 04:16:05 PM »
Couldn't they just carry a couple rolls of Reynolds wrap and some tape  ???   =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 04:44:35 PM »
Couldn't they just carry a couple rolls of Reynolds wrap and some tape  ???   =|

Maybe add some plastic sheeting for NBC protection, too.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 05:10:11 PM »
TSCIFs are not a new thing. I'm surprised they're just now procuring them

It sounded like they were just expanding their use and passing them out to "management" on top of the agents, analysts, etc. that might already have been using them.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

White Horseradish

• friend
Re: Re: DHS Officials to Carry Portable SCIFs
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 05:26:27 PM »
What happened to shoe phones and the cone of silence? O tempora, o mores...

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch using Tapatalk 2
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein