Author Topic: Lunch  (Read 3872 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Lunch
« on: August 28, 2012, 03:00:34 PM »
What did you have?

I was ridiculously healthy.  Chopped salad consisting of carrots, 3 varieties of tomato, cucumber, green onion, almonds, and red and orange bell pepper.  Dressing was home made with olive oil, red wine vinegar, black pepper, honey, and some flavor of Mrs. Dash (didn't look).

The carrots, tomatoes, cucumber, and green onion are from my garden.  The honey is from a local guy.

mtnbkr

• friend
Re: Lunch
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 03:05:30 PM »
leftover pork ribs, breaded and baked zucchini, and animal crackers for desert.

Chris

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 03:06:51 PM »
For me, lunch is usually a granola bar in front of the laptop as I try to catch up on emails.  :'(

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 03:08:52 PM »
For me, lunch is usually a granola bar in front of the laptop as I try to catch up on emails.  :'(

I usually have more filling fare, but it's usually in front of my laptop at work as I do the same.

Chris

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 03:09:51 PM »
What did you have?

I was ridiculously healthy.  Chopped salad consisting of carrots, 3 varieties of tomato, cucumber, green onion, almonds, and red and orange bell pepper.  Dressing was home made with olive oil, red wine vinegar, black pepper, honey, and some flavor of Mrs. Dash (didn't look).

The carrots, tomatoes, cucumber, and green onion are from my garden.  The honey is from a local guy.

That actually sounds quite nice. My lunch was so bland and uneventful I don't seem to recall exactly what it was...some form of mush maybe?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 04:50:21 PM »
Today it was a simple salad with lettuce, green onions, radishes, spinach, and sliced cucumbers with a homemade dressing of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and black pepper. Dessert was some red grapes.

Considering that breakfast was juice, coffee, and a protein shake (made with skim milk) I need a good double beef, double cheese, bacon burger for supper . . . but with some other things on the agenda, I'll probably settle for something like a Subway club sandwich. (Tomorrow's supper will be homemade pizza!)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 04:55:37 PM »
From the joint in the alley by work, an ultimate grilled cheese sandwich with the bacon option, fresh made tater chips (still warm), and an Orange Crush.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 04:58:22 PM »
Hospital cafeteria bbq chicken with po-sal and greens.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 04:59:59 PM »
Running out of anything else to talk about ...  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 05:01:21 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToVIlrfpBAA

Red Grapes.  Dialysis gives your body weird cravings.   Some days all I want is meat, other days a balanced meal, then on others all veggies and/or fruit.    

I posted about Bic Pens. 

Hey, at least I'm not talking about the weather (Hurricane Isaac).  [popcorn] >:D
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 05:13:19 PM »
Spicy potato wedges.... Nom nom nom....
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 05:27:01 PM »
Baby Ruth and a cup of yogurt. Ended up eating lunch for breakfast like usual.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 06:48:31 PM »

yes

running out of puns?

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 07:29:21 PM »
Salad.

Fresh cucumber, sliced when salad is made.

Fresh bell peppers (red, yellow, green), sliced a couple of days ago (takes two-three days to use them up).

Fresh tomato, sliced when salad is made.

Pre-cut lettuce mix (iceberg + red cabbage + carrots + something else).  I buy a bag, it lasts a couple of days.

Steak, left over from my Friday grilling.  Generally about 8 ounces.

Slice up the cucumber, lay slices in circular pattern near edge of plate.  Season with black pepper to taste.  Slice bell pepper sections into thin strips, scatter over cucumbers, season to taste.  Grab handful of bagged lettuce mix, sprinkle over peppers & cucumber, season to taste (and if you're getting the impression that there's more than a dusting of black pepper here, you're right).  Slice tomato into sections, cut sections in half (total half-sections = 16), spread over everything else, season to taste (>:D).  Slice steak into thin strips, spread over everything else.

Munch out.

If you don't want a "dry" salad, apply dressing as desired (when using dressing, I usually employ a small dish on the side, as this reduces the "messy" factor and keeps oil spots off my shirt).

I have this salad at least three days a week, usually four (I'm actually kind of infamous as "the guy who's always making those tasty salads").  Fridays we bring in steaks and fire up the grill.  (That's where I get my "Friday grill" steaks for salad the next week.)

Occasionally I will substitute cheese for the steak (or ham if there's some floating around at home).  I don't mix meat and cheese on the salad, as they just don't seem to digest as well together.  Funny, 'cuz I can eat any amount of meat and cheese separately, just not together.  (I used to eat cheeseburgers, but pretty much not any more -- hamburger?  yes; slab of cheese separately? absolutely -- just because together they seem to induce digestive ick.)
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 07:56:42 PM »
Skirt steak on a Caesar salad.  A little dry.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Stetson

• friends
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 08:08:10 PM »
On a Renal diet with a 1500mL liquid restriction.

So, I had cinnamon coffee cake, 2 blue berry muffins, oat and honey muffin and tea

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 08:30:48 PM »
I had a sammich  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 08:42:15 PM »
White bean chicken chili soup, green ripe plums from our tree, grape tomatos from the garden, chips and other stuff.  Barq's diet root beer washed it all down.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 08:56:04 PM »
Burrito. Today's was steak & egg. Yesterday's was Carne Asada. Tomorrow's pobably carnitas. Ea from one of two out of the 7 mexican places in town. These two aren't "restuarants" per se. more like the mexican version of a neighborhood burger joint (NOT national franchise). There's a dozen national chain fast food places but I can't seem to get very excited about them. If I have time there's a little luncheonette type place a town over. Good food, good people but I don't often have time. Oh & both the Mex places have a house salsa that can melt paint  BUT DAMN IT'S GOOD!

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 09:33:47 PM »
Ham sandwich on white. Pretzels. Mountain Dew Code Red.

Breakfast was a baloney sandwich and coffee.

<< overworked graduate student who right now doesn't really care how healthy or not it is as long as it stops the growling.  =|
Andy

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 09:43:03 PM »
Peanut butter and jelly. Skippy peanut butter, grape welches jelly and white bread. The only way. Plus a glass of moo juice.
I was home today.

Dinner was chicken francie, over farfalle pasta, and a salad with hydroponic lettuce from the basement.

I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 10:39:46 PM »
 Today I was hungry, a cheeseburger, a brat and pasta salad. Washed it down with some fruit juice.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 05:35:07 PM »
Today's lunch was an apple, and a ham sandwich.

Today's customer was a Halal slaughterhouse.  (I slipped away for my lunch.)  I did kind of wish I had one of my Dad's "pork producers association" hats.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 05:45:39 PM »
Spaggetti with butter and parmesan cheese.

Plus, did you know that Kraft parmesan cheese has a bolded "Contains Milk" under the ingrediants list? Are people really so stupid that they need to be reminded that cheese comes from milk?
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2012, 05:54:04 PM »
Spaggetti with butter and parmesan cheese.

Plus, did you know that Kraft parmesan cheese has a bolded "Contains Milk" under the ingrediants list? Are people really so stupid that they need to be reminded that cheese comes from milk?
Considering the source of a lot of so called "cheese", I suppose it bares mention.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.