Author Topic: Lunch  (Read 3871 times)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Lunch
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2012, 06:02:49 PM »
Considering the source of a lot of so called "cheese", I suppose it bares mention.

I, sadly, concede to your point.

and now will be checking to ensure all the cheese I consume, actually does, in fact, contain milk...
 :'( how far our culture has fallen.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2012, 06:12:53 PM »
how far our culture has fallen.
Indeed. It's a sad day when we have to check that our cheese is truly cheese.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2012, 06:31:18 PM »
Plus, did you know that Kraft parmesan cheese has a bolded "Contains Milk" under the ingrediants list? Are people really so stupid that they need to be reminded that cheese comes from milk?

You really don't need to have that answered, do you?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2012, 07:47:08 PM »
Spaggetti with butter and parmesan cheese.

Plus, did you know that Kraft parmesan cheese has a bolded "Contains Milk" under the ingrediants list? Are people really so stupid that they need to be reminded that cheese comes from milk?

Yes.  Especially the ones that die from allergies and their families sue.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2012, 03:40:29 PM »
:'( how far our culture has fallen.

Offside pun.  Five yard penalty.   :lol:
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2012, 04:15:16 PM »
Offside pun.  Five yard penalty.   :lol:

Booo!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2012, 04:55:38 PM »
The local yuppie/hippie store is the only place in town that carries pure black cherry juice.  (Bonus points towards a new Internet if you can guess why I buy it.)  They have a seating area where you can take amalgamations of stuff from the deli counter and sit there and consume it.  (Use their cardboard "stay and eat" boxes and pay the 13.5% restaurant tax.  Get it in a plastic tub like anything else going home and pay just 5.5% sales tax.)

They had a duck breast salad with baby field greens.  Marvelous medium rare medallions of duck breast (with the crispy skin on), some sort of balsamic dressing, mint leaves chiffonaded.  And Reed's rasberry ginger beer.

I sat right in the middle and made sure everybody could see I was eating MEAT!!!!!!!!!ELEVENTY!!AAGHHHHH!  Plus, I was drinking straight from the bottle!  Someone erven offered to get me one of the little waxed cardboard shot glasses the store provides.  Perhaps I was a mite bit loud when I said using a cup would just generate more pollution.

I'm still trying to figure out if the meal was better than the disturbance in the force, or vice versa.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2012, 06:24:12 PM »
The local yuppie/hippie store is the only place in town that carries pure black cherry juice.  (Bonus points towards a new Internet if you can guess why I buy it.)

Got something to do with keeping the plumbing working properly?

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2012, 06:43:32 PM »
  (Bonus points towards a new Internet if you can guess why I buy it.)  stay safe.

Gout

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2012, 12:48:37 AM »

Cherry juice?

Arthritis.

"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2012, 12:57:06 AM »
The local yuppie/hippie store is the only place in town that carries pure black cherry juice. 

Just about every store here carries some. The trick is finding the stuff that isn't $9 a bottle.

Cherry juice?

Arthritis.

Also gout. Which is why my father buys it.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2012, 06:43:07 AM »
Got something to do with keeping the plumbing working properly?

No internet for you!

Gout

An internet for you!

Cherry juice?

Arthritis.

No internet for you!

Just about every store here carries some. The trick is finding the stuff that isn't $9 a bottle.

Also gout. Which is why my father buys it.

An internet for you!  And yes, the exhorbitant price some places want is exhorbitant.  The yuppie/hippie store only charges $5.50 so I do not feel quite so raped.  (But it is "rape" rape, not "merely rape", if you know what I mean.)

stay safe.

If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2012, 04:30:12 PM »
Bowl of chili. For cafeteria fare, it was pretty good. On a grand chili scale, not so much.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2012, 08:31:59 PM »
A carrot.  =|
Watched a couple of videos about slaughterhouse animal abuse and can't eat meat for 3 days now.  =(
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).