Author Topic: Bachelor Dynasty  (Read 3861 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Bachelor Dynasty
« on: January 18, 2014, 07:58:31 PM »

This guy essentially repeated what the Duck guy said, but apparently more succinctly, without getting graphic. Yet, people are offended by it.   

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/abcs-bachelor-juan-pablo-galavis-672100

Not this stuff again.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Bachelor Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 08:18:09 PM »
IDK, I'm kind of offended.

A guy who's on a TV show devoted to having blandly gorgous, shallow idiots compete for "love" as a front for gossip and BS drama and stupid bitching thinking that it would be too perverse to include gays?
Seriously, pot meet the freeking kettle.

(sorry, I hate that stupid francise, so any excuse to hate on it is valid)
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 09:30:18 PM »
IDK, I'm kind of offended.

A guy who's on a TV show devoted to having blandly gorgous, shallow idiots compete for "love" as a front for gossip and BS drama and stupid bitching thinking that it would be too perverse to include gays?
Seriously, pot meet the freeking kettle.

(sorry, I hate that stupid francise, so any excuse to hate on it is valid)

I guess he's just not going to hide his homophobia anymore. He's out of the closet, world, get used to it!  :P

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 09:44:55 PM »

I guess he's just not going to hide his homophobia anymore. He's out of the closet, world, get used to it!  :P

Oh, who cares about that!

It's a show devoted to premarital relations, back stabbing, pride and a host of other sins. Anyone who appears on that and then thinks "oh, gays are too perverse!" is an idiot. (and yes, I know, I read the whole "english is a second language bit, still, he apparently doesn't get the nature of the show he's on)
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Re: Re: Re: Bachelor Dynasty
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 09:55:04 PM »

It's a show devoted to premarital relations, back stabbing, pride and a host of other sins. Anyone who appears on that and then thinks "oh, gays are too perverse!" is an idiot. (and yes, I know, I read the whole "english is a second language bit, still, he apparently doesn't get the nature of the show he's on)

All of this
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 10:25:11 PM »

Which is only as ironic as the gay pride paraders trying to shame people for being offensive.  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

You do see the irony, don't you?  :lol:

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 10:32:49 PM »
I agree with BSL.

and will add...

Its kinda like that beauty pageant contestant a while back, that displays herself in underwear in a contest for who is the sexiest, is then suddenly concerned with what God says about sexuality when she loses. Give me a break. ;/
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 10:33:30 PM »
The problem is that, like Phil Robertson, he spoke his beliefs and offended a bunch of pantywaists. The difference is that Phil apologized but didn't back down, whereas this twit apologized and tried to blame it on language.

I call B.S.

My wife is a real, honest-to-God Latina -- from South America. Latin Americans are overwhelmingly (albeit not exclusively) Roman Catholic in religion and more so in religious heritage and outlook. To them, homosexuality IS a perversion. Some of the more liberated ones (such as my wife) tend to tolerate it ... but they don't approve of it, and they do regard it as a perversion.

I don't think the guy "used the wrong word" at all. I think he said exactly what he meant.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 10:37:33 PM »
The problem is that, like Phil Robertson, he spoke his beliefs and offended a bunch of pantywaists. The difference is that Phil apologized but didn't back down, whereas this twit apologized and tried to blame it on language.

I call B.S.

My wife is a real, honest-to-God Latina -- from South America. Latin Americans are overwhelmingly (albeit not exclusively) Roman Catholic in religion and more so in religious heritage and outlook. To them, homosexuality IS a perversion. Some of the more liberated ones (such as my wife) tend to tolerate it ... but they don't approve of it, and they do regard it as a perversion.

I don't think the guy "used the wrong word" at all. I think he said exactly what he meant.

Yeah, the whole "but, i have gay friends!!" defense is the tip off on that one.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 10:38:50 PM »
Its kinda like that beauty pageant contestant a while back, that displays herself in underwear in a contest for who is the sexiest, is then suddenly concerned with what God says about sexuality when she loses. Give me a break. ;/

But you don't see the same hypocrisy at work in the gay lobby? [for lack of a better term] When they offend us with their perversion, they tell us we're at fault for being offended. We should discard our outdated taboos, they claim. But when they are offended, it must be taken seriously.

You don't see how it is exactly the same?

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 10:42:46 PM »
So, I'm the "gay lobby" now?

For pointing out this guys hippocracy?

:rollseyes:

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2014, 11:09:26 PM »

Hey, who are we to judge your life?

=D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2014, 11:18:22 PM »

You don't see how far out at sea we all are here, in post-modern America. Given current cultural mores, there's no reason why this guy shouldn't indulge in various vices, but draw the line at homosexuality. He would only be doing exactly what the "gay lobby" (for lack of a better term) is doing, when it tells us that their chosen vices are just fine, but they draw the line at calling people "perverts."

The homosexuals aren't hurting anybody, right?

The guy calling them perverts isn't hurting anybody, right?

So how is one better than the other?

And, no, I wasn't calling you the gay lobby. I thought that was obvious.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2014, 11:54:29 PM »

Not to me ...

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2014, 12:00:05 AM »
You don't see how far out at sea we all are here, in post-modern America. Given current cultural mores, there's no reason why this guy shouldn't indulge in various vices, but draw the line at homosexuality. He would only be doing exactly what the "gay lobby" (for lack of a better term) is doing, when it tells us that their chosen vices are just fine, but they draw the line at calling people "perverts."

Ohh, that's RACIST! (Or something.)

According to the LGBT "community," their lifestyle is normal and healthy. We aren't supposed to call homosexuality a "vice." We are supposed to pretend that when the Bible says it's a sin for men to lie with men ... that the Bible doesn't actually say that. (Oh, really? Then what DOES it say?) If we tell them their chosen lifestyle is sinful, or a vice, they get their feelings all hurty and stuff.

But we're not supposed to be offended when they tell us that citing 2000 year old Holy Scripture is just being "bigoted." (Okay, 1900 year old Holy Scripture.)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2014, 09:14:00 AM »
Yeah, the whole "but, i have gay friends!!" defense is the tip off on that one.

Yes it is. Always makes me laugh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2014, 11:48:25 AM »
Ohh, that's RACIST! (Or something.)

According to the LGBT "community," their lifestyle is normal and healthy. We aren't supposed to call homosexuality a "vice." We are supposed to pretend that when the Bible says it's a sin for men to lie with men ... that the Bible doesn't actually say that. (Oh, really? Then what DOES it say?) If we tell them their chosen lifestyle is sinful, or a vice, they get their feelings all hurty and stuff.

But we're not supposed to be offended when they tell us that citing 2000 year old Holy Scripture is just being "bigoted." (Okay, 1900 year old Holy Scripture.)

IIRC, it's more like 1300 to 1500 year old...

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2014, 12:10:20 PM »
IIRC, it's more like 1300 to 1500 year old...

It sounds like he's referring to the law of Moses, which would make it over 3000 years old, as opposed to the Christian scriptures, which are a little over 1900 years old. Even the most "liberal" Bible scholars would not suggest a date as recent as 500.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2014, 12:23:42 PM »

It sounds like he's referring to the law of Moses, which would make it over 3000 years old, as opposed to the Christian scriptures, which are a little over 1900 years old. Even the most "liberal" Bible scholars would not suggest a date as recent as 500.

I stand corrected.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: Re: Bachelor Dynasty
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2014, 05:06:27 PM »

yep. Right on the money here
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2014, 06:59:30 PM »

But you don't see the same hypocrisy at work in the gay lobby? [for lack of a better term] When they offend us with their perversion, they tell us we're at fault for being offended. We should discard our outdated taboos, they claim. But when they are offended, it must be taken seriously.

You don't see how it is exactly the same?

I see what you're saying, but mutual hypocracy doesn't justify either side.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2014, 07:09:00 PM »

Who says it does? At least this Bachelor guy isn't claiming to be a human rights activist, though. He's just a minor celebrity that was asked for his opinion.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 08:47:05 PM by fistful »

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2014, 09:21:26 AM »

I don't understand.  What's hypocritical about disagreeing with the gay lifestyle?

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bachelor Dynasty
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2014, 09:58:53 AM »
I don't understand.  What's hypocritical about disagreeing with the gay lifestyle?

It is the now fashionable practice of equating promiscuous heterosexual and homosexual sex.  Oddly enough there is some validity under the concept of sin for this but those who do the equating are more likely to deny the concept of sin.   And they are essentially clueless as to the complexity of the sin model.

In essence it is sloppy and lazy thinking on the part of the accusers of hypocrisy.

In this case the bachelor fellow is presumably heterosexually promiscuous. 

I do think there is a bit of a language barrier as he was likely trying to find the english equivalent for the spanish maricon or other colloquial term used by spanish speakers.  Pervert is close but does not fully convey the distaste most latins have for homosexuals and homosexuality.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2014, 11:21:18 AM »
I heard an idea for a new reality show a few weeks back.  Put 20 gay guys in a house or something, but one guy is straight.  The guys have to identify the gay guy and kick him out (no physical activity allowed).  The trick is that all 20 guys are actually straight and each thinks they are the one straight guy. 

Sounds like fun to me.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge