Author Topic: TV show recommendations please  (Read 3863 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: TV show recommendations please
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2017, 09:49:59 AM »
All my posts in this thread are "+1".  :laugh:

Vikings is great. I also agree on the quality of the seasons. Not sure I like the trend that started in season 4.

I lost interest after they went to Paris, just got really weird.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2017, 09:50:12 AM »
Babylon 5 is on "go90". Not sure if you can download it for watching, though.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2017, 09:54:41 AM »
Babylon 5 is on "go90". Not sure if you can download it for watching, though.

Ha! +1 again!  :laugh:

One of my favorite Science Fiction shows. Though they suffer from the curse of Babylon 5, in which like half the stars of the series died early deaths. I blame the Shadows.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2017, 10:55:58 AM »
So, with my new smartphone that doesn't suck, I need some TV shows to download to watch while I work out, or while I'm travelling.  I watched all of Justified over the summer while bicycling at home.  Currently downloading the first season of Deadwood.  Grand Tour season 2 will be downloaded when it's available in a couple weeks.  Beyond that I need some help.

I Love Lucy
Carol Burnett Show
MASH
Dick Van Dyke
I Dream of Jeanie
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2017, 11:56:32 AM »
How about radio shows?  http://www.cbsrmt.com/synopsis.html/1974 

I used to listen to these all the time in the 70's; I need to download a bunch for road-trips.
"It's good, though..."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2017, 04:29:42 PM »
I burned out on Vikings when it hit season 3. I ended up rewatching Gilmore Girls instead.

Another one you might like if you haven't seen it already is Spartacus. The first season and the prequel season are good. The second season... Well, it's alright. Plus, "Jupiter's cock!" is like one of the best expletives ever.

If your manhood can stand it, you might want to try Gilmore Girls. Seriously, it's one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. I would totally live in Star's Hollow. It's one of the ones Dad inadvertently got into because of me.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2017, 10:38:24 PM »
If your manhood can stand it, you might want to try Gilmore Girls. Seriously, it's one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. I would totally live in Star's Hollow. It's one of the ones Dad inadvertently got into because of me.

Saw a few episodes many years ago when SWMBO had it on.  Meh.  Certainly not going to go through the bother of downloading them.
Formerly sumpnz

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2018, 03:42:36 PM »
New western on Netflix called Godless. I'm 4 episodes in, good so far.  Stars Jeff Daniels and Mary Dockery.  She was one of the sisters on Downton Abbey, so to watch her as an 1880's rancher is fun..

Resurrecting this thread because my wife and I just finished 'Godless' last night.  What a well-written and acted show.  We give it two thumbs up, and wish there were more Westerns on these days.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2018, 10:36:40 AM »
Wife and I binged Godless a while back.  We both really enjoyed it.

eta:

Wife and I are currently re-watching Sons of Anarchy.  We're seeing some good stuff we missed the first time around.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 11:18:01 AM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2018, 02:27:40 PM »
Didn't reread this thread to see if it's been suggested or not

Bosch from amazon prime...gritty crime drama.  Good *expletive deleted*it.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2018, 05:58:54 PM »
Bosch from amazon prime...gritty crime drama.  Good *expletive deleted*it.

This, in spades.  Michael Connelly is heavily involved in the production of the series, which helps keep things true to the theme of the books.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2018, 10:07:07 PM »
Altered Carbon.

I really liked it.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds