Author Topic: Pittsburgh gunman kills 3 cops 'cuz he's afraid of a new AWB...  (Read 7404 times)

buzz_knox

• friend
Re: Pittsburgh gunman kills 3 cops 'cuz he's afraid of a new AWB...
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2009, 08:28:18 AM »
Could you cite cases of this? And of the troublemakers in the CCW classes? I've heard mention made of it, but never any articles or anybody's first-hand accounts.

All you'll ever find are anecdotes, as there have been to date no criminal cases that I'm aware of.  But one such incident happened in Knoxville several years ago at the I-75 Expo show.  I was at the table of a dealer I know when the call came over to double check the weapons.  I asked what was going on and the dealer said one of the rifles had been found loaded.  It had been confirmed as empty when initially put out on display.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2009, 09:13:07 AM »
As for "antis" deliberately trying to cause incidents . . . I do recall one of the animal rights groups had a campaign some years back with the theme of "save a life, shoot a sign." Their idea was that by shooting up road signs alongside highways during hunting season, hunters would be blamed for the bullet-riddled signs and people would call for a ban on hunting.

As for antis being behind the recent spate of shootings . . . I've no evidence of it, but the timing of these incidents does - or at least, should - raise eyebrows.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2009, 09:34:40 AM »
IS there any citation/link for the nut job having a DD from the Marines?
The FOX article mentioned getting kicked out of the Marines but no mention of his actual discharge status.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2009, 09:44:31 AM »
IS there any citation/link for the nut job having a DD from the Marines?
The FOX article mentioned getting kicked out of the Marines but no mention of his actual discharge status.

Here you go

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/19096134/detail.html

"He wasn't fully a Marine. He got a dishonorable discharge out of boot camp," Perkovic said. "He wanted to get out of the Marine Corps."
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2009, 10:02:40 AM »

Here you go

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/19096134/detail.html

"He wasn't fully a Marine. He got a dishonorable discharge out of boot camp," Perkovic said. "He wanted to get out of the Marine Corps."

I didn't see this detail in that article but one I read yesterday said the reason for his discharge from boot camp was throwing a tray at one of his DIs in the chow hall dining facility.

It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2009, 10:07:18 AM »

Three cops down, and the SWAT team opens fire on the bad guy and shoots him multiple times. Contrast this with the shooting at the immigrant center a few days ago, where over a dozen NON-COPS were killed, many wounded and pleading for help on the phone . . . and the cowardly - yes, cowardly - cops cooled their heels for over an hour and didn't go after the bad guy until it was safe.

Clearly, cops are FAR MORE important than non-cops.

<expletive> <expletive> <string of expletives>

:mad:

Amen brother. Learning that they'd stood around for an hour made me so mad I couldn't see straight. "Getcher ass in there, slick! That's your g**d*** job!"
It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2009, 11:57:30 AM »
Maybe anti's paid the guy. Maybe Obama's not a citizen and the election was rigged. Maybe FDR bribed the Japanese to bomb Pearl Harbor. Maybe the Illuminati killed JFK cause he wanted to go public with the alien landing at Roswell. After all, you can't prove that's not true, right? :rolleyes:
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Ryan in Maine

• friend
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2009, 03:30:38 PM »
Stop trying to take my conspiracy thunder.  :laugh:

zahc

• friend
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2009, 03:43:32 PM »
Amen brother. Learning that they'd stood around for an hour made me so mad I couldn't see straight. "Getcher ass in there, slick! That's your g**d*** job!"

It isn't, actually. Police work is only a job. They can quit at any time, they are not going to risk themselves for someone else, and they have no legal obligation to do so. I do not demand that police risk their own lives protecting others'. In light of this I DO expect people to be allowed and enabled to protect themselves.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2009, 04:40:27 PM »
It isn't, actually. Police work is only a job. They can quit at any time, they are not going to risk themselves for someone else, and they have no legal obligation to do so. I do not demand that police risk their own lives protecting others'. In light of this I DO expect people to be allowed and enabled to protect themselves.

Yeah, it is, actually. "To Protect And Serve". It's not "just" a job, it's their job. Look up the Peelian Principles. You put on the shield and the sidearm, you have the means and the responsibility to end such a situation, USSC opinions be damned. A woman with a pistol took on and killed a man wielding a rifle because she knew that if she didn't people who weren't armed and could not take him on would die. Are you saying the police have less responsibility than private citizens to respond to such situations? Feh.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2009, 05:05:14 PM »
I didn't see this detail in that article but one I read yesterday said the reason for his discharge from boot camp was throwing a tray at one of his DIs in the chow hall dining facility.

Now, I'm only an AF puke, but in my experience wouldn't it take far more than this to get a DD?  Especially for a guy in basic?  Most of the time they just kick them out with 'not suited for military', don't they?

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2009, 05:24:14 PM »
If it's accurate that he got a DD and not a Bad Conduct or Other than Honorable, it sure as hell would not be for throwing a tray. DD is the same as a felony conviction: usually takes multiple felony grade offenses. Or a capital crime.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2009, 05:26:16 PM »
Now, I'm only an AF puke, but in my experience wouldn't it take far more than this to get a DD?  Especially for a guy in basic?  Most of the time they just kick them out with 'not suited for military', don't they?

I was wondering about that myself, it could be he got a "discharge under less then honorable"
i.e not a DD and his idiot friends told the press it was a DD, just like the semi is a "machine gun"
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2009, 05:35:50 PM »
Yep, I'd bet it was a "for the good of the service" General Discharge but under "Other than Honorable Conditions".

Every Boot discharge I'm aware of that wasn't for a real crime or fraud on enlistment papers was a General.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2009, 05:47:06 PM »

I was wondering about that myself, it could be he got a "discharge under less then honorable"
i.e not a DD and his idiot friends told the press it was a DD, just like the semi is a "machine gun"

My thinking, too.

Looks like this guy and his friend(s) may be the newsies' equivalent of manna from heaven. Reports are surfacing of posts on Stormfront by him and his best friend, racist and anti-Semitic rants on their MySpace pages, and the like.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2009, 05:49:50 PM »
Maybe anti's paid the guy. Maybe Obama's not a citizen and the election was rigged. Maybe FDR bribed the Japanese to bomb Pearl Harbor. Maybe the Illuminati killed JFK cause he wanted to go public with the alien landing at Roswell. After all, you can't prove that's not true, right? :rolleyes:

So, you admit the CIA killed John Lennon? & building 7 was imploded?
I knew it!

its no longer fistfuls fault, its Balogs fault! balog is illuminatti!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2009, 08:47:15 PM »
It's no longer fistfuls fault, its Balogs fault! balog is illuminatti!

I knew there was something fishy about that guy...  :O

Wait a minute...does that mean we have to stop blaming fistful?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2009, 03:42:37 PM »

Blame is not a zero-sum game.  Its capacity is limitless.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2009, 05:45:28 PM »

It's fistfuls fault I'm Illuminati.