Author Topic: Feeling a might bit ornery...  (Read 9811 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Feeling a might bit ornery...
« on: April 08, 2009, 07:06:37 PM »
Is there any type of legal prohibition against opening a store that sells cigars, fine whiskey and fine firearms?

Might as well get your ATF all in one place...

Anyone know of such a store?  I'd love to give them some money.  I'm just frustrated with the War on All Things Fine in this world.

All Things Fine...

A-T-F.

Hmmm.

Srsly:  Can you sell whiskey and guns at the same time on the same cash register?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Re: Feeling a might bit ornery...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 07:07:23 PM »
Makes collecting excise tax on those sinful things much easier, too.   =D
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 07:09:36 PM »
If the booze isn't for on premise consumption I don't see a problem.

Sounds like a local zoning issue, not any sort of Federal restriction.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 07:10:15 PM »
I dream of a world in which I can buy alcohol, tobacco, and firearms at the same store and use them all before I get home. -- Dogbert
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

crt360

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 07:12:34 PM »
Wal-mart does.
For entertainment purposes only.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 07:15:13 PM »
Wal-mart does.

Key word being "fine" in this case... Swisher Sweets, Scoresby's and a Charles Daly scattergun don't exactly count...but I see your point. =D  Thank you.

Something to keep in mind for the future.  Too poor to start a business today or even next year, but who knows down the road.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 07:16:41 PM »
I've seen many photos of such stores, but never in person. Definitly a local zoning issue.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 07:29:56 PM »
There was one in Roseville, CA, of all places.

Deluxe Liquor and Sporting Goods.

I have a few guns from there - that's how I know. 
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

crt360

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 07:55:26 PM »

Key word being "fine" in this case... Swisher Sweets, Scoresby's and a Charles Daly scattergun don't exactly count...but I see your point. =D  Thank you.

:D

Oops, the "fine" part did slip by me.
For entertainment purposes only.

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 07:58:34 PM »
Whoa. Are you guys feeling disgruntled or something? Not feeling the peace and "Yes we can!?" All Y'All are just bitter gunclingers.

TC

I, myself, am feeling a deep-rooted and disturbing alarm about my country. Almost like it's 1776 or something...
TC
RT Refugee

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 08:52:56 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Kyle

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 09:23:10 PM »
Theres at least a couple in Texas.

One that I went to was called Bottle and Bag Guns n Liquor. I cant remember where it was, somewhere in central texas; i was on a trip.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 10:36:53 PM »
Theres at least a couple in Texas.

One that I went to was called Bottle and Bag Guns n Liquor. I cant remember where it was, somewhere in central texas; i was on a trip.

There's one on the US Hwy going East off I-35E (n. of Dallas) that goes to Gilmore. Don't remember the name of the town but there were maybe 5 buildings there and the biggest and most prominent was a combination gun store, liquor store and of all things... a flower shop.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 10:46:59 PM »
So are you claiming you aren't always purty durn ornery AZ? We see through that.... :P
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 10:47:34 PM »
I have a couple on my website. Gas stations with convenience stores and gun counter at the back. Cigarettes, beer, wine and guns all in one store.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 11:22:03 PM »
It's been almost 25 years ago but in El Cajon CA there was a place that I seem to remember as being called Alcohol, tobacco and Firearms.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

digitalandanalog

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 02:19:18 AM »
A little town here in Arkansas a store houses a pharmacy and a gun shop.

The owner/pharmacist/FFL is a real nice guy. His gun selection leaves something to be desired, but hey, it is the thought that counts.

You can also get tobacco there too.

Just got to get the guy a liquor license and he is a full service shop :laugh:

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 07:05:58 AM »
Union, Missouri is home to a "Gift Shop" selling fine knick-knacks and bric-a-brac for Grandma's curio cabinet.  Small gun counter in the back.  ???  No Alcohol or Tobacco, though.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2009, 02:44:47 AM »
There was a Walgreens in Reno...

If you're going with those three, would you consider selling fireworks too?   =D
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2009, 12:54:05 PM »
I've thought about buy land on an interchange on I-95 and putting in a strip mall.  It would house a convenience store and gas station, a liquor store, gun shop, cigar store, police station, medical clinic and across the street a house of ill repute.  When cash flow shaped up I'd add a golf course, an Irish-style pub, and a truck stop.  All I need is a little scratch and I'm a millionaire.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2009, 05:04:19 PM »
I remember 20 or so years ago, near the intersection of Rancho and Charleston, here in dear ole Sin City, there was a pharmacy.  The big sign out front read "Drugs, Guns, and Booze".

Wish I had taken a picture back then.  =(

Edited to add... Google is my friend!  Found a pic of the sign posted online:

« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 05:18:38 PM by Doggy Daddy »
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2009, 07:03:52 PM »
Good idea but cigars may soon be a thing of the past, what with the huge tax increase that took effect April 1.  The per-pound tax on bulk roll-your-own terbacky went from $0.07 to $27.  Yes you read that correctly.  From seven cents to twenty seven dollars per pound.  If my math is right that's a 38,471% increase. (would one of you math whizzes please verify my calcs?)  I think small cigars were hit also hit with a pretty stiff increase.

Hmmm ... Lower income folks taking the time and effort to roll their own because they didn't see paying $5-7 per pack for finished smokes when they could do the RYO think for less than a buck a pack.  I guess this was one of those "tax breaks for the poor" that was promised.  Nice.

Brad
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 12:30:49 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

zahc

• friend
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2009, 09:07:45 PM »
I knew about the disgusting cigar tax hike, but I didn't know about the even more disgusting tax hike on loose tobacco. Back when I delivered pizza, several drivers rolled their own (very stout) cigarettes for like a dollar a pack, with filters. What about pipe tobacco?
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2009, 11:21:04 PM »

The per-pound tax on bulk roll-your-own terbacky went from $0.07 to $27.  Yes you read that correctly.  From seven cents to twenty seven dollars per pound. 

In the immortal words of Bluto Blutarsky, "Holy sh*t!"

It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.

digitalandanalog

• friend
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2009, 12:15:24 AM »
What you are failing to realize is that terbacky has been deemed to be BAD (like guns) and must be regulated out of existence.

BUT...Fearless Hopeman smokes...But the rules don't apply to him. Shut up and pay up serf boy.

Besides, who cares about a Federal terbacky tax when you are gonna get free smokes for yourself and friends for life under the SS plan for retirement.

Has anyone else become disturbed by the thought that Germany had an SS and we have an SS...and they are kinda starting to act in the same ways?