Author Topic: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now  (Read 64847 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now
« Reply #500 on: March 03, 2023, 07:23:12 PM »
“zip-a-dee-doo-dah”
https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/03/business/disneyland-zip-a-dee-doo-dah-removal/index.html

I guess it's either me being a boomer or white, but it's a happy song. I often find myself singing parts of the lyrics in my head when I'm having a good day. I guess having a good day is racist now?

Zip a dee doo dah, Zip a dee ay
My, oh my, what a wonderful day!
Plenty of sunshine, headin' my way

Mister bluebird's on my shoulder
It's the truth, it's actual
Everything is satisfactual

Wonderful feeling, Wonderful day!

My, oh my, what a wonderful day!
Plenty of sunshine, headin' my way

Mister bluebird on my shoulder
It's the truth, it's actual
Everything is satisfactual

Wonderful feeling, Wonderful day!
Zip, zip, zip, zip, zip, zip, zip, zip, zip, zip!
Zip a dee doo dah day
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #501 on: March 03, 2023, 08:06:15 PM »
I guess it's either me being a boomer or white, but it's a happy song. I often find myself singing parts of the lyrics in my head when I'm having a good day. I guess having a good day is racist now?

Only if you are white.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #502 on: March 04, 2023, 02:54:11 AM »

That's not very Ron Swanson of you.  :laugh:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #503 on: March 04, 2023, 07:42:18 AM »

That's not very Ron Swanson of you.  :laugh:

I'm over Ron Swanson after The Last of Us, episode 3.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #504 on: March 04, 2023, 08:57:51 AM »
An actor who just wants to be known as an actor and not as a black actor

Idris Elba has hit back after facing mass criticism last month for revealing that he no longer describes himself as a 'black actor'.

The Luther star, 50, who is of Ghanaian and Sierra Leone Creole heritage, sparked a social media backlash when he detailed how he thought the 'black actor' label put him in a 'box', and that an 'obsession' with race can hinder aspirations and growth.

He told Esquire: 'We’ve got to grow. We’ve got to. Our skin is no more than that: it’s just skin. Rant over.'

He added: ''Racism is very real. But from my perspective, it’s only as powerful as you allow it to be.

Now the actor has doubled down on his remarks in a new interview with the Guardian, slamming fans who accused him of 'denying his blackness' with his controversial comments.

'It's my prerogative': Idris Elba HITS BACK at being criticized for not wanting to call himself a 'black actor' after sparking race debate
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11818835/Idris-Elba-HITS-criticized-not-wanting-call-black-actor.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #505 on: March 06, 2023, 09:24:22 AM »
Meanwhile on MSNBC

'Let's be clear what anti-woke means. It's anti-black,' Li, who served on the Asian American outreach team for President Joe Biden's 2020 campaign, said.

'And I think people are very reluctant to say it, but I don't mince any words, and that's the truth.

'That's their way of, you know, sounding the dog whistle without being extremely explicit,' she added.

and while we're at it

A high-ranking figure in the Democratic National Committee has called CPAC a 'gathering of sexual predators' and claimed Donald Trump is a 'serial rapist.'

She calls them "truth Bombs"
I dropped some truth bombs about the (alleged) sexual predators at CPAC and what "anti-woke" really means

It may not be pretty but this is the unvarnished truth

'Trump is a serial rapist': Senior Democrat makes outrageous claim on MSNBC - as she slams CPAC as 'gathering of sexual predators' and says 'anti-woke means anti-black'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11824457/Trump-serial-rapist-Senior-Democrat-makes-outrageous-claim-MSNBC-slams-CPAC.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #506 on: March 06, 2023, 02:47:54 PM »
Meanwhile on MSNBC

and while we're at it

She calls them "truth Bombs"

'Trump is a serial rapist': Senior Democrat makes outrageous claim on MSNBC - as she slams CPAC as 'gathering of sexual predators' and says 'anti-woke means anti-black'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11824457/Trump-serial-rapist-Senior-Democrat-makes-outrageous-claim-MSNBC-slams-CPAC.html
Sounds like an bot program picked out key buzzwords and made an article attacking Trump.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #507 on: March 06, 2023, 02:50:06 PM »
“Where’s Our Black Bereavement Leave?”-Professor Argues for Paid Time Off Leave for Black Staff to Deal with ‘Fatigue’ and ‘Trauma’ from Systemic Racism
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/03/wheres-our-black-bereavement-leave-professor-argues-for-paid-time-off-leave-for-black-staff-to-deal-with-fatigue-and-trauma-from-systemic-racism/

Southern Illinois University visiting professor Angel Jones is arguing that Black people should get special paid time off as bereavement leave in order to deal with systematic racism.
:laugh:
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #508 on: March 07, 2023, 01:41:16 PM »
...slams CPAC as 'gathering of sexual predators'

No, you're thinking of the Lincoln Project.

“Where’s Our Black Bereavement Leave?”-Professor Argues for Paid Time Off Leave for Black Staff to Deal with ‘Fatigue’ and ‘Trauma’ from Systemic Racism
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/03/wheres-our-black-bereavement-leave-professor-argues-for-paid-time-off-leave-for-black-staff-to-deal-with-fatigue-and-trauma-from-systemic-racism/
 :laugh:

Sounds like a good reason to only hire straight, white men. No one's giving us any time off.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #509 on: March 07, 2023, 01:59:53 PM »
Southern Illinois University visiting professor Angel Jones is arguing that Black people should get special paid time off as bereavement leave in order to deal with systematic racism.

One solution is that her target audience can avoid re-entering the workforce by refusing time off for good behavior . . . 
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #510 on: March 07, 2023, 03:43:27 PM »
One solution is that her target audience can avoid re-entering the workforce by refusing time off for good behavior . . .

Good one !!  :rofl:  >:D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #511 on: March 07, 2023, 08:56:23 PM »
Massachusetts state flag

Vesey said the state seal supports the idea that White people are "in charge of this world and that we have to subdue the Native American people" through a "colonializing and violent depiction."

Sen. Warren weighs in on movement to change Massachusetts state flag over 'White supremacy culture'
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sen-warren-weighs-movement-change-massachusetts-state-flag-white-supremacy-culture

I found a site explaining all the supposed racist aspects of the flag. These people probably think snow is racist.
https://masspeaceaction.org/massachusetts-legislature-votes-to-change-the-flag-and-seal/

Here's the flag BTW. I see a flag where they're proud of their Native American heritage.

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #512 on: March 09, 2023, 02:15:09 PM »
White adoptive parents

Former NFL quarterback Colin Kapernick accused his adoptive parents of "perpetuating racism" in an interview that aired Thursday.

Kaepernick talked about coming to terms with his racial identity while growing up in a White family in his new graphic novel, "Change the Game." The former football player recalled disagreements with his parents that he attributed to racism, calling his upbringing "problematic."

"I know my parents loved me. But there were still very problematic things that I went through," the biracial quarterback said to CBS News.
Colin Kaepernick accuses his White adoptive parents of 'problematic' upbringing, perpetuating racism
https://www.foxnews.com/media/colin-kaepernick-accuses-white-adoptive-parents-problematic-upbringing-perpetuating-racism
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #513 on: March 09, 2023, 02:39:55 PM »
White adoptive parents
Colin Kaepernick accuses his White adoptive parents of 'problematic' upbringing, perpetuating racism
https://www.foxnews.com/media/colin-kaepernick-accuses-white-adoptive-parents-problematic-upbringing-perpetuating-racism

Well, if you are going to burn bridges you should emulate Sherman and torch everything I guess.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #514 on: March 09, 2023, 03:03:21 PM »
White adoptive parents

Man, that guy is an ahole.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #515 on: March 09, 2023, 04:57:18 PM »

Nah, he's just trying to do anything he can to remain relevant.

And failing at it miserably, the same way he failed at football.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #516 on: March 09, 2023, 05:25:30 PM »

An a-hole is a pretty import piece of our anatomy. Imagine the problems there would be if you didn't have one.
I don't think Kaepernik is an a-hole. I think he is a large, steaming pile of what comes out of a-holes.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #517 on: March 09, 2023, 06:26:55 PM »
This probably isn't a surprise for many

The movie Zulu

Also note LOTRs is on the list

His film was featured among texts attacked by a British government study on content associated with far-right extremism. The "Prevent" program has also reportedly flagged the complete works of Shakespeare, "The Lord of the Rings" by J.R.R. Tolkien and the "Great British Railway Journeys" documentary series as works that could lead viewers toward right-wing extremism.

The Daily Mail noted that "Zulu" in particular "had been listed as a 'key text' for 'white nationalists' and 'supremacists' by the Government's beleaguered anti-terrorism Prevent scheme."

Despite this bit of sanity

The Daily Mail added that actual living Zulu royalty has defended the film as well, as the "leader of the Zulu tribe Chief Mangosuthu Buthelezi, now 94, who played own his great-grandfather King Cetshwayo in the film, said it should not be viewed through a 21st-century lens."

"Even if the past is uncomfortable, and perhaps especially when the past is uncomfortable, it needs to be examined and unpacked rather than hidden away. Of course race is a central theme in the film," he reportedly told British newspaper The Times.

Michael Caine calls 'bulls---' on claim his war movie incites far-right extremism
https://www.foxnews.com/media/michael-caine-calls-bulls-claim-war-movie-incites-far-right-extremism
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 07:15:05 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #518 on: March 09, 2023, 06:41:22 PM »
But wait there's more

Buy an electric car you racist bastards because......

How white and affluent drivers are polluting the air breathed by L.A.’s people of color
https://www.latimes.com/environment/newsletter/2023-03-09/white-drivers-are-polluting-the-air-breathed-by-l-a-s-people-of-color-boiling-point

I need a drink
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #519 on: March 09, 2023, 07:38:00 PM »
White adoptive parents

If Kaepernick disagrees with them on race, then they were right. End of story.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #520 on: March 09, 2023, 11:18:33 PM »
But wait there's more

Buy an electric car you racist bastards because......

How white and affluent drivers are polluting the air breathed by L.A.’s people of color
https://www.latimes.com/environment/newsletter/2023-03-09/white-drivers-are-polluting-the-air-breathed-by-l-a-s-people-of-color-boiling-point

I need a drink

At the same time, no surprise, I'm pretty sure I recently read an article about how EVs were an example of white privilege.

I actually agree that EV subsidies are a sort of despicable handout to people who don't need to be getting government money to buy luxury cars, but not everything is racism.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #521 on: March 11, 2023, 10:11:14 AM »
Wannabe dictators want what dictators have. Attribute that Woody-ism to the gun grabbers in this country. :old:

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

HankB

• friend
« Reply #522 on: March 12, 2023, 09:47:09 AM »
This probably isn't a surprise for many

The movie Zulu

Also note LOTRs is on the list
 . . .
I wondered when they'd get around to this. ZULU stands high on my personal "TOP TEN" list of all time favorite movies. Glad I have both DVD and Blu-Ray copies of the original (as well as the prequel, ZULU DAWN.) before some troll decides it needs to be ruinously edited the way they did E.T. and the first Star Wars movie.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #523 on: March 12, 2023, 10:33:49 AM »
    "Shakespeare’s work, the collection argues, was central to the construction of whiteness as a racial category during the Renaissance, and white people, in turn, have used Shakespeare to regulate social hierarchies ever since." https://t.co/1a1I0B9H4d

— Noah Rothman (@NoahCRothman) March 10, 2023

Oh and this was further down

This reminds me of an article I read ages ago about feminist analysis of Shakespeare in which one of the arguments was that the real goal of the conspirators in Julius Caesar is to downgrade Caesar to a woman by making him bleed. 🤣

— Cathy Young 🇺🇸🇺🇦 (@CathyYoung63) March 10, 2023

I thought about searching for that article but decided I need all the sanity I can hold on to today.

The Atlantic: Shakespeare’s work was ‘central to the construction of whiteness’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/03/11/the-atlantic-shakespeares-work-was-central-to-the-construction-of-whiteness/

All of Shakespeare’s Plays Are About Race
https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2023/03/white-people-in-shakespeare-book-plays-race/673341/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #524 on: March 13, 2023, 07:56:02 PM »
Remember the NASCAR noose that turned out to be a garage door pull rope ? Well that wasn't the only one.
Shows how weak we have become.

Officials melt down over 'hangman's noose' found outside medical office, tell of 'shock, disgust, pain, and anguish' as hate crime probe launched. But it wasn't a noose.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/officials-melt-down-over-hangmans-noose-found-outside-medical-office-hate-crime-probe-launched-but-it-wasnt-a-noose?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Triggered onlookers want 'noose' taken down — even though it's a steel cable loop attached to a crane at a construction site
https://www.theblaze.com/news/triggered-onlookers-noose-steel-cable

'Noose' seen in Harlem park has Gov. Cuomo ripping 'evil icon of our nation's racist past.' Then the truth comes out.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/noose-in-harlem-park-has-gov-cuomo-ripping-evil-icon-of-our-nations-racist-past-but-hate-crime-investigators-say-something-else

'Noose' found in university hospital sparks hate crime allegation. Turns out employee was practicing tying a fishing knot.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/ready-noose-found-in-university-hospital-sparks-hate-crime-investigation-turns-out-employee-was-practicing-tying-a-fishing-knot

- Calvin and Hobbes