Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 122327 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #776 on: October 08, 2022, 08:13:10 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #777 on: October 08, 2022, 08:27:15 PM »
Post a meme, go to jail:

https://notthebee.com/article/british-pastors-wife-arrested-by-police-who-barged-into-her-home-for-disagreeing-with-modern-gender-theory-in-online-forum

Her mistake was opening the door when the police knocked.  (and I'm pretty sure they did need a warrant; maybe 2 warrants -- a search warrant and an arrest warrant)  But this was in UK, and maybe centuries of common law doesn't apply there anymore.

The children learned a valuable lesson here; do not trust the police.  If you're in trouble and there's nowhere else to turn, maybe go to them and hope for the best, but you're generally better off on your own.
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #778 on: October 08, 2022, 09:26:13 PM »
Her mistake was opening the door when the police knocked.  (and I'm pretty sure they did need a warrant; maybe 2 warrants -- a search warrant and an arrest warrant)  But this was in UK, and maybe centuries of common law doesn't apply there anymore.

The children learned a valuable lesson here; do not trust the police.  If you're in trouble and there's nowhere else to turn, maybe go to them and hope for the best, but you're generally better off on your own.

https://youtu.be/FjvdHE1E5eI
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #779 on: October 08, 2022, 09:34:49 PM »
https://youtu.be/FjvdHE1E5eI

Mr. In Between? :D  (is that an "Accentuate the Positive" song reference?)  He handled it beautifully.  Except for the part where he opened the door.
"It's good, though..."

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #780 on: October 09, 2022, 12:30:29 AM »
You can in Clown World.

Where are the red balloons?  >:D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #782 on: October 09, 2022, 11:55:58 AM »
Now "we" don't know when a pregnancy even starts

RNC Research
@RNCResearch
"Were you to become governor, where would you draw the line? 15 weeks? Viability? 36 weeks? What's the limit?"

STACEY ABRAMS: "The arbitrary standards of timelines ignore the medical reality that it is a fallacy we know exactly when a pregnancy starts."
https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1579110077084172291?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1579110077084172291%7Ctwgr%5E4b03eb5fbc567a5c3f64170d6cdfb4ba2cc1f2a9%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitchy.com%2Fsamj-3930%2F2022%2F10%2F09%2Fwhat-in-the-kentucky-fried-eff-stacey-abrams-claims-its-a-fallacy-to-say-we-know-when-pregnancy-starts-no-really-watch-this%2F

WHAT in the Kentucky fried eff?! Stacey Abrams claims it’s a fallacy to say we know when pregnancy starts (no really, watch this)
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/10/09/what-in-the-kentucky-fried-eff-stacey-abrams-claims-its-a-fallacy-to-say-we-know-when-pregnancy-starts-no-really-watch-this/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 12:42:10 PM by Perd Hapley »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #784 on: October 09, 2022, 12:08:49 PM »
We don't know exactly when each clummp of cells self-identifies as human.

Sometime after it knows it's trans.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #785 on: October 09, 2022, 05:12:24 PM »
Post a meme, go to jail:

https://notthebee.com/article/british-pastors-wife-arrested-by-police-who-barged-into-her-home-for-disagreeing-with-modern-gender-theory-in-online-forum

Since when is quoting one person's Twitter feed about the cops considered journalism?  Perhaps that went down as she described,  perhaps she's a lying psycho.  We don't know either way.

And why is there always an autistic kid that's victimized  every time a white woman interacts with someone they don't like.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #786 on: October 10, 2022, 11:51:56 AM »
We don't know either way.

This is very believable.  Britain has no free speech.  The cops will happily arrest you for saying something mean about Islam, etc.

They arrested a man for publicly quoting Churchill on Islam:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2614834/Arrested-quoting-Winston-Churchill-European-election-candidate-accused-religious-racial-harassment-repeats-wartime-prime-ministers-words-Islam-campaign-speech.html

The USA is an extreme anomaly on free speech.  Not for long if the leftists get their way though.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #787 on: October 10, 2022, 11:56:29 AM »

The USA is an extreme anomaly on free speech.  Not for long if the leftists get their way though.

Free Speech = Fascism in the leftest mind
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #788 on: October 10, 2022, 12:12:39 PM »
Sure it's believable. That's the best brand of bullshit.  Bullshit that affirms your reader's preconceptions, and fits as "Possible". And maybe it went down exactly as this lady describes.  Like I said, we don't know.

I'm just pointing out that "article" provided zero evidence, and zero reporting except the victim's own thought out words on Twitter. That should make everyone suspicious that we don't have the details.

If we were leftists we could carry on that even if it's a lie, it's "raising awareness of the issue."

This is what happens when journalism gets it's feedback from clicks and impressions instead of being trustworthy.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #789 on: October 10, 2022, 01:22:27 PM »
I have seen similar articles of people getting arrested for social media posts.  I never heard much on what the fines/punishment is.  Don't know anything about this particular incident.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #790 on: October 12, 2022, 09:07:06 AM »
"It is the heterosexism of it all"

"There are so many words and phrases that are off limits, it’s hard to keep track," Dr. Phil explained in a monologue opening the segment. "For example, some say ‘peanut gallery’ is now classist and racist, 'first world problem' is also classist, ‘tone-deaf’ is ableist, ‘mom and dad’ assumes traditional gender roles… seriously?"

Dr. Phil then showed a graphic of numerous words or phrases some people now deem too offensive for public use.

One audience member named LaTalya agreed with "mom and dad" appearing on the list. She explained, "I have a daughter with another woman, and when its being taught in school that ‘Oh that’s just the norm’ that it’s just ‘mom and dad,’ it just offends us, because we are lesbians, you know what I mean? We come from the community and it makes us feel like we’re not important enough to be called 'mom and mom' or ‘parents.’"

Executive director of the USC Race and Equity Center Shaun Harper commented, "It is the heterosexism of it all," and then went on to suggest that the phrase "mom and dad" is not "canceled," but "what we’re missing here is the opportunity to be decidedly and deliberately inclusive of all parents."

Dr. Phil guests want to cancel phrases like 'mom and dad' for being offensive: ‘It’s the heterosexism’
https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-phil-guests-want-cancel-phrases-mom-dad-offensive-heterosexism
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #791 on: October 12, 2022, 09:18:46 AM »
Couldn't help but notice this

In a previous episode, Harper denied that cancel culture was a major phenomenon on college campuses, claiming instead that "the overwhelming majority of college students of color" report "that their college and university campuses, in particular the classrooms, are extremely conservative."

Sure they are
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #792 on: October 12, 2022, 09:40:56 AM »
Couldn't help but notice this

In a previous episode, Harper denied that cancel culture was a major phenomenon on college campuses, claiming instead that "the overwhelming majority of college students of color" report "that their college and university campuses, in particular the classrooms, are extremely conservative."

Sure they are

If they believe colleges are conservatives, it explains why so many younguns think there are literal fascists running all over America.

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #794 on: October 13, 2022, 11:28:28 AM »
Los Angeles mayoral candidate explains that he’s not white, he’s Italian
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/10/12/los-angeles-mayoral-candidate-explains-that-hes-not-white-hes-italian/

He must be a fan of the film True Romance.  =D

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #799 on: October 13, 2022, 03:48:37 PM »
RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA!
TRUMP.

That's what the MSM would be screaming if Trump was still pres
- Calvin and Hobbes