Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 122286 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #1100 on: February 15, 2023, 07:07:25 PM »
So if you see a Twitchy post about a "disturbing dive into Lia Thomas' [Will Thomas'] social media," I'd advise skipping it. It's equal parts disgusting, pitiful, and just generally sad.

You're welcome.

Where were you and your warning an hour ago? What a disgusting disaster.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1101 on: February 17, 2023, 08:04:42 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1102 on: February 17, 2023, 12:05:39 PM »
This lady claims to have a TEN YEAR OLD pansexual and that she would not have taken her kids to the library had they not had the LGBT+ kids books at the library (in the kid’s section btw).

Why does a 10 y/o know what a pansexual is? The hell? pic.twitter.com/CqjMlMBGSz

— Right Side of History™️ (@xxclusionary) February 15, 2023
Mom is ‘incredibly grateful’ to library for being safe space for her 10-year-old pansexual daughter
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2023/02/17/mom-is-incredibly-grateful-to-library-for-being-safe-space-for-her-10-year-old-pansexual-daughter/

10 year old pansexual

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1103 on: February 17, 2023, 12:34:40 PM »
How interesting that libraries must be all about exploring your kids' sex and gender now. I remember when the talking point was the privacy of two consenting adults in the bedroom.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1104 on: February 17, 2023, 12:43:06 PM »
Mom is ‘incredibly grateful’ to library for being safe space for her 10-year-old pansexual daughter

Given how this gender crap has at this point so discombobulated basic language and science, given the people talked about in this article, I have no idea if the "mom" is actually, scientifically, a female or not, nor do I know that the "daughter" isn't a boy.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1105 on: February 17, 2023, 01:34:57 PM »
You gents have heard of logical positivism? I guess some people these days prefer illogical positivism - the more illogical the position they hold, the more positive they are that it's God's own truth.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #1106 on: February 17, 2023, 10:01:41 PM »
If this 10 y.o. is "pansexual", does that mean she's a horny nympho switch-hitter?  =|  :O  ???
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #1107 on: February 17, 2023, 10:21:43 PM »
If this 10 y.o. is "pansexual", does that mean she's a horny nympho switch-hitter?  =|  :O  ???

I think it means that's exactly what her mom is grooming her to be when she gets a little older.
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1108 on: February 19, 2023, 07:43:40 AM »
Welcome to Duke U

OK, here are some of the essays that make up “Crip Genealogies” — buckle up:

TOWARD A FEMINIST GENEALOGY OF US DISABILITY RIGHTS: Mapping the Discursive Legacies and Labor of Black Liberation
    CRITICAL DISABILITY STUDIES AND THE QUESTION OF PALESTINE: Toward Decolonizing Disability
    THE BLACK PANTHER PARTY’S 504 ACTIVISM AS A GENEALOGICAL PRECURSOR TO DISABILITY JUSTICE TODAY
    FILIPINA SUPERCRIP: On the Crip Poetics of Colonial Ablenationalism
    RHIZOPHORA: Queering Chemical Kinship in the Agent Orange Diaspora

Duke U’s ‘Crip Genealogies’ reorients disability studies from the logics of whiteness and imperialism
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/02/18/duke-us-crip-genealogies-reorients-disability-studies-from-the-logics-of-whiteness-and-imperialism/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1109 on: February 19, 2023, 08:32:40 AM »
Welcome to Duke U

Duke U’s ‘Crip Genealogies’ reorients disability studies from the logics of whiteness and imperialism
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/02/18/duke-us-crip-genealogies-reorients-disability-studies-from-the-logics-of-whiteness-and-imperialism/

I have no idea how to respond to this crap, other than to call it crap.  We often joke around here about kids graduating with "You want fries with that?" degrees.  Unfortunately, I think there are plenty of large woke corporations that would happily hire idiots with degrees laden with this nonsense. 
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1110 on: February 19, 2023, 11:22:11 AM »
Apparently "Climate Justice" and "Trans Rights" are one and the same now.

Woke collective grassroots movement claims climate justice = trans rights annnd LOL we got NOTHIN’
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/02/19/woke-collective-grassroots-movement-claims-climate-justice-trans-rights-annnd-lol-we-got-nothin/

- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1111 on: February 19, 2023, 01:25:39 PM »
So trans rights equals cooking bugs on an electric stove? Very well. No trans rights, then.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #1112 on: February 19, 2023, 05:44:21 PM »
I think it means that's exactly what her mom is grooming her to be when she gets a little older.

Like what, 12?

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #1113 on: February 19, 2023, 05:46:40 PM »
Like what, 12?

Could be.  I was thinking more 15-ish but I'm behind the times on such things.
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1114 on: February 20, 2023, 08:14:00 AM »
Not your children

Pro-BLM teacher forced out of South Carolina school for claiming it was 'white supremacy' to call theft a crime is now accused of concealing student's gender issues from parents at new Maryland school
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11769107/A-pro-BLM-teacher-Maryland-claims-white-supremacy-call-theft-crime.html

Once an eighth-grade history teacher at the school in small-town Hilton Head, non binary instructor Lane Cogdill was moved schools two summers ago
    Amid the backlash, the teach was transferred to a nearby adult education center in Beaufort amid calls for Codgill's firing
    Now, it appears Codgill - who uses 'ze/zir,' 'they/them' and 'he/him' pronouns - is back to teaching kids and posting problematic snippets
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1115 on: February 20, 2023, 08:48:32 AM »
More not your children

‘The purpose of public education is not to teach only what parents want their children to be taught. It is to teach them what society needs them to be taught.’
“I have a master’s degree. We all have advanced degrees!”

“What do the parents have? Are we vetting the backgrounds of our parents?” -Liberal white woman

‘I have a master’s degree. What do parents have?’, asks teacher before getting schooled by parents
https://twitchy.com/fuzzychimp-313137/2023/02/20/i-have-a-masters-degree-what-do-parents-have-asks-teacher-before-getting-schooled-by-parents/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1116 on: February 20, 2023, 08:57:21 AM »

‘I have a master’s degree. What do parents have?’, asks teacher before getting schooled by parents

I'm guessing that were parents with PhDs to come in and tell her she's full of it, her "diploma hierarchy" criteria would go out the window.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1117 on: February 20, 2023, 09:15:54 AM »
I'm guessing that were parents with PhDs to come in and tell her she's full of it, her "diploma hierarchy" criteria would go out the window.

You'd have degree wars.  In her stupid mind her gender studies education degree would be more important than any degree a parent might hold.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1118 on: February 20, 2023, 09:27:37 AM »
You'd have degree wars.  In her stupid mind her gender studies education degree would be more important than any degree a parent might hold.

I thought SJWs were all about the crushing authority of lived experience, and "my truth."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1119 on: February 20, 2023, 09:57:51 AM »

You might say that's a commentary on which type of person has turned against the scientific method.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1120 on: February 20, 2023, 03:38:31 PM »
May want to turn down your volume for this

https://twitter.com/WasiqUK/status/1627208980417114113

We FINALLY have actual footage of a crazed Liberal in the wilderness annnd OMG-LOL it’s real (watch)
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/02/20/we-finally-have-actual-footage-of-a-crazed-liberal-in-the-wilderness-annnd-omg-lol-its-real-watch/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1122 on: February 22, 2023, 05:16:05 PM »
That time when the Office of "Equity, Diversity and Inclusion" wanted to encourage everyone to "care for one another," in the wake of a mass murder. So they had a chatbot write a letter.

https://t.e2ma.net/message/ul182h/m74zooz

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/22/tech/vanderbilt-chatgpt-shooting-email/index.html

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1123 on: February 22, 2023, 08:38:25 PM »
More not your children

The purpose of public education is not to teach only what parents want their children to be taught. It is to teach them what society needs them to be taught.’

https://twitchy.com/fuzzychimp-313137/2023/02/20/i-have-a-masters-degree-what-do-parents-have-asks-teacher-before-getting-schooled-by-parents/

So, i hate to have to point this out, but she's right here. The purpose of .gov funded education is to teach what .gov thinks is important for kids to know.  Literally the whole point of the federal DOE is to define what fed.gov wants kids to learn, and make sure they learn it.

If that upsets you, or seems crazy, you might want to think about supplementing government education for your kids.

She can DIAF with her degree based "I'm special" but she just said the quiet part out loud with the rest of it.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1124 on: February 22, 2023, 11:22:59 PM »

So, i hate to have to point this out, but she's right here. The purpose of .gov funded education is to teach what .gov thinks is important for kids to know.  Literally the whole point of the federal DOE is to define what fed.gov wants kids to learn, and make sure they learn it.

If that upsets you, or seems crazy, you might want to think about supplementing government education for your kids.

She can DIAF with her degree based "I'm special" but she just said the quiet part out loud with the rest of it.

That's just one reason why the feds should get out of K-12 education entirely.

And, no, she's not right. If "society" is going to contradict what most parents want for their children, then "society" should get out of the teaching business.