Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 122240 times)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #1175 on: March 03, 2023, 09:25:38 PM »
So exactly which orifice are you supposed to insert this device?

Player's choice. ;)

Although I can visualize its face peering out from the center of the old goatse picture.  :O >:D

And now, so do you!!!!!   :rofl:

bob

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1176 on: March 03, 2023, 09:40:04 PM »
So exactly which orifice are you supposed to insert this device?

You know there's a Uranus joke in there
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1177 on: March 04, 2023, 07:58:17 AM »
Furry Groomers?

Boston College professor assigns students to make their own 'fursonas,' has furries come to class
https://www.foxnews.com/us/boston-college-professor-assigns-students-make-fursonas-furries-come-class
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1178 on: March 04, 2023, 05:28:11 PM »
Apparently not a parody account:

Before white people came to this land, there were no jails, no homelessness, no laws against homosexuality or abortion. For thousands of years, Indigenous peoples emphasized health, housing, freedom to love who you love and the fact that we need Mother Earth. She doesn’t need us.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/03/04/writer-notes-there-were-no-laws-against-homosexuality-or-abortion-before-white-people-came/

No jails because Indians enslaved one another when they weren't killing each other. Or they just did human sacrifices with their prisoners.
No homelessness because if you couldn't make it on your own, nobody helped you and you died. If you were old, you were sent away to die.
No abortion because infant death was common.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1179 on: March 05, 2023, 05:19:41 PM »
USA Powerlifting being forced to allow transgenders, aka men,  in the women's division.
Soon men will hold all woman's records

USA Powerlifting WILL allow trans athletes to compete in women's division after losing discrimination case
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11823135/USA-Powerlifting-allow-trans-athletes-womens-division-losing-discrimination-case.html

This week, the organization was told to 'cease and desist from all unfair discriminatory practices' related to sexual orientation and gender identity, according to a court ruling. USA Powerlifting now has two weeks to reverse its former policy.

'The harm is in making a person pretend to be something different, the implicit message being that who they are is less than. That is the very essence of separation and segregation, and it is what the MHRA prohibits,' the ruling states.

They have a funny idea what pretending means.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1181 on: March 06, 2023, 12:35:36 PM »
The answer IMO is those people weren't "experts".  They were just people being pushed by the media who give the politically correct answer. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1182 on: March 06, 2023, 12:43:42 PM »
This is like the 30th article I've read where people are accusing DeSantis of "wearing high heels". I mean, even in CA they had Boot Barns.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/03/06/dude-what-lol-tweet-attacking-desantis-for-wearing-cowboy-boots-the-self-own-of-all-self-owns/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1183 on: March 06, 2023, 01:26:42 PM »
I am ambivalent to slightly positive on DeSantis.  He did really well in the storm recovery and pushing back on woke teachers and administrators, but he does have a solid authoritarian streak that he likes to indulge.  I voted for him twice for governor, and hope he stays to finish his term.

That said, if the best the left can come up with for the big bad wolf they seem sure is coming in 2024 is "Oh yeah! Well you're short!!" they are going to have a rough go of it.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1184 on: March 06, 2023, 01:43:49 PM »
I try to remember that I thought W. Bush was a decent Gov in Texas.  It doesn't always translate to the office of President.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1185 on: March 06, 2023, 02:47:26 PM »
I try to remember that I thought W. Bush was a decent Gov in Texas.  It doesn't always translate to the office of President.   =)

I'm completely open to primary candidates other than DeSantis, though I hope it doesn't turn into a giant mob like last time. Seventeen people was just ridiculous.

I do find myself liking DeSantis more based on how much more ridiculous stuff people try to hit him with.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1186 on: March 06, 2023, 02:54:31 PM »
South Africa Faces Collapse – Warnings of “Civil War” Conditions Amid Possibility of Total Power Grid Failure
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/03/south-africa-faces-collapse-warnings-of-civil-war-conditions-amid-possibility-of-total-power-grid-failure/

Western embassies including the United States and Australia have advised their citizens in the country to stock up on “several days worth” of food and water and be on high alert during extended blackouts sweeping the country.
Not a great article, but something to watch from a distance. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1187 on: March 06, 2023, 02:56:11 PM »
South Africa Faces Collapse – Warnings of “Civil War” Conditions Amid Possibility of Total Power Grid Failure
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/03/south-africa-faces-collapse-warnings-of-civil-war-conditions-amid-possibility-of-total-power-grid-failure/

Didn't they just host wargames with China and Russia? There might be something interesting afoot.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1188 on: March 06, 2023, 02:56:50 PM »

They should buy electric cars
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #1189 on: March 06, 2023, 06:00:48 PM »
https://news.yahoo.com/rochester-man-given-180-days-010400765.html

Only one thing gonna fix that boy, and it ain't 6 months in the pokey.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1190 on: March 06, 2023, 06:09:03 PM »

We've been talking here a lot about good people and good cops and bad people and bad cops. Coincidental to that, youtube has really been pushing both the "bad cop" videos and the "cops dealing with bad people" videos on me, and sad to say, I've been watching them.

One big takeaway for me is that as a generalization, the bad cops are almost always punished in some way with more than a slap on the hand. The bad people (watch the code blue cam videos for far too many examples), even after doing stuff a reasonable person would figure was "5-10" stuff, are walking away with $500 bonds or even "no bail" bonds. Or in the case of, for example, beating the crap out of somebody that also included a traffic violation, they walk on the beating and just get the traffic citation.

Something is really screwed up, at least in the big cities. As an aside, it seems that at least with the video dataset, there are more bad cop incidents in smaller towns and more "getting away with murder" incidents in the big cities.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1191 on: March 07, 2023, 07:58:00 AM »
Possible result of patting criminals on the head. This shoplifter thinks she's the victim. Props to the no-nonsense chick who stops her. I guess there are still some normal people in Portland.

https://youtu.be/41wgNuEbTOw

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1192 on: March 07, 2023, 09:00:42 AM »
Possible result of patting criminals on the head. This shoplifter thinks she's the victim. Props to the no-nonsense chick who stops her. I guess there are still some normal people in Portland.

I would not be surprised if the woman that stopped that shoplifter has been fired by her employer.  Employees stopping criminal activity in stores has not been tolerated for some years.  The reasons given for that are usually BS.
Back when I was working my way through school, I worked retail for a while.  Stopped a number of shoplifters.  Was encouraged to do so and received praise for doing it by my bosses.  Things sure have changed.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1193 on: March 07, 2023, 09:39:05 AM »
I would not be surprised if the woman that stopped that shoplifter has been fired by her employer.

I was led to a couple of other videos of her stopping shoplifters. While not at that store anymore, she apparently wasn't fired, so I guess there is still some sanity.

https://youtu.be/1BWufhcl_7E

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1194 on: March 07, 2023, 09:50:38 AM »
Possible result of patting criminals on the head. This shoplifter thinks she's the victim.

Almost nothing gets my blood pressure up more than whiny entitled people like that

- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1195 on: March 07, 2023, 11:02:12 AM »

He didn't sentence himself to only 180 days.  That is on the judge and possibly the legislature. 

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1196 on: March 07, 2023, 11:19:20 AM »
He didn't sentence himself to only 180 days.  That is on the judge and possibly the legislature.

If you read the story it's all kinds of *expletive deleted*ed up.  He actually took a plea deal for NO jail time at all, and the judge said "nope" and gave him 6 months.

Shei was facing three different felony first-degree criminal conduct charges in two separate cases. His plea deal called for no prison time, a stay of adjudication and the dismissal of two out of three charges. If Shei completes his [up to 30 years of] probation, all charges against him will be dismissed and will not be on his criminal record.

I'm sure some of the leniency is that he was a juvi at the time of the crime, but still. 

I also note the guy's name is Mohamed Bakari Shei and he is from Minnesota 50 miles south of the twin cities, so I have a pretty solid guess as to the culture he hails from.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #1197 on: March 07, 2023, 11:42:05 AM »

I'm sure some of the leniency is that he was a juvi at the time of the crime, but still. 

People who do things like this should all be killed.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1198 on: March 07, 2023, 11:43:28 AM »

I also note the guy's name is Mohamed Bakari Shei and he is from Minnesota 50 miles south of the twin cities, so I have a pretty solid guess as to the culture he hails from.

Who knows maybe the families give him those girls.  :mad:
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1199 on: March 07, 2023, 12:24:21 PM »
If you read the story it's all kinds of *expletive deleted*ed up.  He actually took a plea deal for NO jail time at all, and the judge said "nope" and gave him 6 months.

I shouldn't have left out the prosecutor.  I have nothing good to say about the criminal.