Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 122332 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #1300 on: March 29, 2023, 08:24:24 PM »
Don't laugh

Teenager Makani Tran detailed his disqualification from a Pokémon Trading Card Game (TCG) tournament in Charlotte after appearing to laugh after being asked his pronouns by a judge.

According to Tran’s account on social media, he appeared to have made the judge of the sixth round uncomfortable after giving an awkward laugh upon being asked his pronouns.

"On our way over to the stream area the judge asked us for our preferred pronouns. I said ‘Um he or him or uh’ and I paused trying to think of the third pronoun (the third pronoun being his). As I just stood there looking stupid trying to think of the third pronoun I felt embarrassed because I was failing to think of a simple word. Due to the nerves and me being embarrassed I let out a little laugh just a normal nervous laugh. My response together ended up being ‘Um he or him or uhhhh haha his,’" Tran recounted.

Teen Pokémon player booted from tournament after laughing at pronoun question
https://www.foxnews.com/media/teen-pokemon-player-booted-tournament-laughing-pronoun-question
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1301 on: March 30, 2023, 08:49:26 AM »
Remember folks, there's "limited scientific evidence trans women have a physical advantage"

Pulling his weight! Male powerlifter protests Canada's woke gender self-ID laws by saying he's a woman, then entering female contest and smashing bench press record
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11918455/Male-powerlifter-protests-Canadas-self-ID-rules-entering-female-contest-smashing-record.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1303 on: March 30, 2023, 04:49:46 PM »
NHL "evaluating" the future of "Pride Nights."

If we had a society that had any respect for individual rights and the courage of a man in the face of an immoral and hateful force that could easily destroy his professional career, the NHL would be holding Ivan Provorov Night instead of Pride Night.

https://pjmedia.com/culture/robert-spencer/2023/03/30/is-the-tide-turning-nhl-mulls-dropping-pride-nights-n1682848

Boy, they'd better set up some grief counselors for people, if the NHL fails to celebrate perversity anymore.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1304 on: March 30, 2023, 04:51:02 PM »
NHL "evaluating" the future of "Pride Nights."

https://pjmedia.com/culture/robert-spencer/2023/03/30/is-the-tide-turning-nhl-mulls-dropping-pride-nights-n1682848

Boy, they'd better set up some grief counselors for people, if the NHL fails to celebrate perversity anymore.

It's genocide!
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1305 on: March 30, 2023, 04:54:13 PM »
Groomers in the PNW:

https://www.heraldnet.com/news/staggering-everett-boy-scouts-face-more-sexual-abuse-lawsuits/

Can't read the article because  of a pay wall but I don't doubt it, it's long been recognized that those types are attracted to jobs involving young children. 
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1306 on: March 30, 2023, 05:03:13 PM »
You can't call people groomers!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1307 on: March 30, 2023, 05:04:49 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1308 on: March 30, 2023, 05:13:33 PM »
Given how the NHL caved to the alphabet crowd the first time, what makes anyone think they won't cave again once the spittle-spraying frothing-at-the-mouth leftists get wound up over this?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1309 on: March 30, 2023, 06:44:29 PM »
Pretty much reality now

South Park Transgender Athletic Strong Woman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxDaiyREBPw&t=17s
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1311 on: March 30, 2023, 08:17:43 PM »
You can't call people groomers!

Those were Scout leaders.  You can still call them and Catholic Priests groomers, since they are presumed to be far right fascists

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1312 on: March 31, 2023, 01:00:32 AM »
Those were Scout leaders.  You can still call them and Catholic Priests groomers, since they are presumed to be far right fascists

You're right, of course. How silly of me!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1313 on: March 31, 2023, 08:27:19 AM »
"Why are you laughing at me?!? I have a PhD!!!"

A professor got upset because students laughed at a "fact" he gave them. The fact? That archeologists are unable to differentiate between male and female skeletons because the bone structure is identical. This is "science" at the university level these days. Props to the students who laughed at him.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/audience-laughs-professor-telling-riley-gaines-difference-male-female-bone-structure
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1314 on: March 31, 2023, 09:40:11 AM »

A professor got upset because students laughed at a "fact" he gave them. The fact? That archeologists are unable to differentiate between male and female skeletons because the bone structure is identical. This is "science" at the university level these days. Props to the students who laughed at him.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/audience-laughs-professor-telling-riley-gaines-difference-male-female-bone-structure

Are you really surprised? The left tells us that we MUST follow the science.

Except when the science is against what they want. Then we must NOT follow the science.

The left's mantra -- SCIENCE IS INCONTROVERTIBLE! Until it's inconvenient.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1315 on: March 31, 2023, 12:39:10 PM »
Seven sorority sisters sue University of Wyoming for admitting trans woman, who they allege has 'voyeuristically peeped at them while visibly aroused'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11922915/Female-students-sue-University-Wyoming-admitting-trans-woman-sorority-house.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #1316 on: March 31, 2023, 01:58:20 PM »

Over credentialed buffoon. I am not impressed with his educational background - sounds like something out of Fergle University.  https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1987-10-01-8703140181-story.html

Gabby M.H. Yearwood is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Anthropology and Managing Faculty Director for the Center for Civil Rights and Racial Justice in the Law School at the University Pittsburgh. He is a socio-cultural anthropologist earning his Ph.D from the University of Texas at Austin in Anthropology focusing in Black Diaspora Studies and Masculinity. His research interests include the social constructions of race and racism, masculinity, gender, sex, Black Feminist and Black Queer theory, anthropology of sport and Black Diaspora. Dr. Yearwood holds a secondary appointment with the Gender, Sexuality and Women’s Studies Program at Pitt.  Dr. Yearwood is also a teaching member of the Pitt Prison Education Project.

https://www.anthropology.pitt.edu/people/gabby-m-h-yearwood
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1317 on: March 31, 2023, 02:11:37 PM »
Probably one those who's been going around saying it's a scientific fact doctors can't tell if a baby is male or female at birth
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #1319 on: March 31, 2023, 02:54:40 PM »
Groomers in the PNW:

https://www.heraldnet.com/news/staggering-everett-boy-scouts-face-more-sexual-abuse-lawsuits/

The complaints allege the Mount Baker Council knew, or should have known, that leaders Michael Mauch, Garth Snively, Charles Grewe and Allen Ewalt had a history of sexually abusing children in the past, and still allowed them to volunteer.

You lose your suit in general principle if you ever put trust in someone named "Snively."
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1320 on: April 01, 2023, 11:38:26 AM »
Well we don't want to offend anyone. I guess certain groups were showing up in reports far too often more than they would like and they felt the need to "fix" that.
I know that some police departments are hamstrung by similar rules in some cities.

If You See Something, Say Something®. Report suspicious behavior and situations, rather than one’s appearance, to local authorities.

— Homeland Security (@DHSgov) March 29, 2023

DHS urges everybody to report any suspicious behavior but please don’t describe the person
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2023/04/01/dhs-urges-everybody-to-report-any-suspicious-behavior-but-please-dont-describe-the-person/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1321 on: April 01, 2023, 11:50:59 AM »
^^^

What if the person is wearing a red hat or a Gadsden t-shirt?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1322 on: April 01, 2023, 11:52:57 AM »
^^^

Call in the Black Helicopters

And the IRS
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1323 on: April 01, 2023, 11:59:10 AM »
^^^

That's OK, because that's not a person.

That's a radical right-wing white supremacist insurrectionist.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1324 on: April 01, 2023, 02:20:53 PM »
That's OK, because that's not a person.

That's a radical right-wing white supremacist insurrectionist.

You left out facist Nazi.  (Yes, I know it's redundant, but that is what some of those idiots say.)
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.