Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 122348 times)

cordex

• Administrator
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #1700 on: June 24, 2023, 01:58:46 PM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1702 on: June 24, 2023, 11:28:55 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #1703 on: June 25, 2023, 08:38:42 AM »
Maybe it's a victory march. The war is over and they/them feel they've won.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1704 on: June 25, 2023, 03:39:11 PM »
More today

NYC drag marchers chant 'We're coming for your children' during pride event
https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-drag-marchers-chant-were-coming-your-children-during-pride-event

Remember folks, them coming for your children is just a figment of your MAGA fascist far right wing white supremacist imagination
« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 04:03:03 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1705 on: June 26, 2023, 08:26:33 AM »
More from yesterday
This is what they want to turn your children into.

Thankfully they blurred out the worse in the photos

Trans rights 'whistleblower' with sign saying 'stop female erasure' is attacked at NYC Pride March while naked men on bikes ride past children in Seattle as millions gather for LBGTQ+ events across the US
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12232815/Trans-rights-whistleblower-attacked-Pride-March-naked-men-bikes-ride-past-kids.html
« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 09:17:56 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #1706 on: June 26, 2023, 08:41:31 AM »
Well, they all seem mentally healthy and well adjusted.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1707 on: June 26, 2023, 09:19:01 AM »

Only a crazy person would think otherwise.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1708 on: June 26, 2023, 09:23:04 AM »

They better be well adjusted riding like that, or some very unfortunate squishing could occur.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #1709 on: June 26, 2023, 10:22:40 AM »
In regards to the naked Seattle cyclists, at first I thought this was just the Fremont solstice parade.  Naked and painted cyclists of both sexes have been riding in the parade since the 90's without much controversy, but this is a different parade.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1710 on: June 26, 2023, 01:45:28 PM »
I sometimes forget how fragile these people are.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/06/26/the-atlantic-having-choices-is-bad-n560594

Couldn't buy orange juice, because the selection was too confusing. FCOL, buy a juicer, sweetie.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1711 on: June 26, 2023, 02:02:47 PM »
So what would their reaction have been if a bunch of straight guys marched in a parade exposing themselves to the children present?
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1712 on: June 26, 2023, 06:53:42 PM »
I sometimes forget how fragile these people are.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/06/26/the-atlantic-having-choices-is-bad-n560594

Couldn't buy orange juice, because the selection was too confusing. FCOL, buy a juicer, sweetie.

From the link

On a recent afternoon, while running errands before I had to pick up my kids from school, I froze in the orange-juice aisle of a big-box store. So many different brands lay before me: Minute Maid, Simply, Tropicana, Dole, Florida’s Natural, Sunny D—not to mention the niche organic labels. And each brand offered juices with various configurations of pulp, vitamins, and concentrate. The sheer plenitude induced a kind of paralysis: Overwhelmed by the choices on offer, I simply could not make one. I left the store without any orange juice.

Anyone who calls Sunny-D orange juice is asking to be slapped
« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 07:23:11 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1713 on: June 26, 2023, 07:25:06 PM »
Narrative trumps science.
Very troubling if true

St. Philip's College in San Antonio, Texas reportedly fired one of its biology professors for teaching his students that sex was determined by X and Y chromosomes.
"When teaching the human reproductive system, Dr. Varkey also stated that human sex is determined by chromosomes X and Y, and that reproduction must occur between a male and a female to continue the human species," First Liberty stated in its letter. "In the course of teaching Human Anatomy and Physiology, he made these statements in every class for 20 years, without any incident or complaint."

College allegedly fired biology professor for teaching sex was determined by chromosomes X and Y
https://www.foxnews.com/media/college-fired-biology-professor-teaching-sex-determined-chromosomes-x-y
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1714 on: June 26, 2023, 08:19:00 PM »
^^^^

There's a lot of crazy in this world, as this thread shows, but that one I might want some more info on before I jumped whole hog into the narrative.

It smack of one of those stories where "PROF WAS FIRED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH!!!!1!! and also *expletive deleted*ing a student. "

Anytime a story seems a little too on the nose, it deserves a closer look.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1715 on: June 26, 2023, 08:21:36 PM »
^^^^

There's a lot of crazy in this world, as this thread shows, but that one I might want some more info on before I jumped whole hog into the narrative.

It smack of one of those stories where "PROF WAS FIRED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH!!!!1!! and also *expletive deleted*ing a student. "

Anytime a story seems a little too on the nose, it deserves a closer look.

Why I said if true
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #1716 on: June 26, 2023, 08:23:39 PM »
I had the same thought, but it wouldn’t exactly be the first time activists have gotten confused about their own ideas about sex and gender.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #1717 on: June 27, 2023, 12:05:18 AM »
Narrative trumps science.
Very troubling if true

College allegedly fired biology professor for teaching sex was determined by chromosomes X and Y
https://www.foxnews.com/media/college-fired-biology-professor-teaching-sex-determined-chromosomes-x-y

Translation: Biology professor fired for teaching biology.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #1718 on: June 27, 2023, 11:12:22 AM »
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1719 on: June 27, 2023, 11:20:21 AM »
Just another day in San Francisco:

https://twitter.com/ClownWorld_/status/1673411913718587393

Darn MAGA, they should be all arrested for triggering that.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1720 on: June 27, 2023, 03:36:52 PM »
Training them young

An organization at the Seattle Pride parade hosted a booth on Sunday encouraging kids to throw toy bricks at pictures of notable Republicans.

In a video captured by Katie Daviscourt of The Post Millennial, a man cheers and converses with a young child who repeatedly attempts to throw a plush toy brick into the middle of a display painted to look like a wall.

The center of the wall has a large hole with a sign that reads "Basket of Deplorables" and features pictures of notable Republicans, including former President Donald Trump, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga. and Rep. Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.

The makeshift sign also includes pictures of Republican-appointed Supreme Court Justices such as Amy Coney Barrett and Brett Kavanaugh.

Seattle Pride parade booth encourages kids to throw toy bricks at pictures of Republicans
https://www.foxnews.com/media/pride-seattle-booth-encourages-kids-throw-toy-bricks-pictures-republicans
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1721 on: June 27, 2023, 03:46:25 PM »
Training them young

Seattle Pride parade booth encourages kids to throw toy bricks at pictures of Republicans
https://www.foxnews.com/media/pride-seattle-booth-encourages-kids-throw-toy-bricks-pictures-republicans

Taste the Rainbow of Tolerance
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1722 on: June 27, 2023, 03:49:35 PM »
The Dems and the MSM would be going ape S if the targets were dems
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1723 on: June 27, 2023, 04:09:21 PM »
The Dems and the MSM would be going ape S if the targets were dems
One of these days, we need to stop with that response or at least come up with a different way of saying it.  For the most part, people on the right would not encourage people to throw bricks at the left. 

Besides, we are generally gun owners and wouldn't bother with through bricks if it came to violence.   >:D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1724 on: June 27, 2023, 04:15:38 PM »
Taste the Rainbow of Tolerance

Another one.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1673158734619774976

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/06/26/pride-parade-participants-bark-like-a-dog-in-street-preachers-face-n2384853

Looked to me like he was reading in a normal voice, and it was one guy. The tolerant left could have just bypassed him and ignored him. Instead, they showed us who they are.

What group on the right, even proud boys, patriot front or whoever have ever acted like this? This is all the left.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."