Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 122310 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #1725 on: June 27, 2023, 09:34:29 PM »
More today

NYC drag marchers chant 'We're coming for your children' during pride event
https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-drag-marchers-chant-were-coming-your-children-during-pride-event

Remember folks, them coming for your children is just a figment of your MAGA fascist far right wing white supremacist imagination

Yup. I knew I'd heard it before.

https://twitchy.com/dougp/2023/06/27/nbc-news-spins-coming-for-your-children-pride-event-chant-and-makes-it-way-worse-n2384892

I think Rush Limbaugh called attention to that chant. Might have been 20 years ago, but I don't remember, exactly.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #1726 on: June 27, 2023, 09:44:19 PM »
I was told today that I am a racist who doesn't like Mexicans because I could not arrange an appointment at short notice for our high risk pregnancy group. This would be a new patient who is already being cared for at the local medical school. But she wants to leave them and come to us since the medical school is racist, too.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1727 on: June 27, 2023, 10:24:10 PM »
I was told today that I am a racist who doesn't like Mexicans because I could not arrange an appointment at short notice for our high risk pregnancy group. This would be a new patient who is already being cared for at the local medical school. But she wants to leave them and come to us since the medical school is racist, too.

Well that's dumb. All the racists I know greatly like and respect Mexicans.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1728 on: June 27, 2023, 10:26:19 PM »
Should have told her you're a White-Hispanic
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #1729 on: June 27, 2023, 11:25:41 PM »
Training them young

Seattle Pride parade booth encourages kids to throw toy bricks at pictures of Republicans
https://www.foxnews.com/media/pride-seattle-booth-encourages-kids-throw-toy-bricks-pictures-republicans

Is it too much to say that I'd love to see a wild pitch that hits the guy running the booth?
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #1730 on: June 28, 2023, 09:51:52 AM »
Is it too much to say that I'd love to see a wild pitch that hits the guy running the booth?
That is EXACTLY what I would have done as a kid . . . except neither I nor my parents would have been within 10 blocks of this cr@p if we could help it.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1731 on: June 28, 2023, 10:24:12 AM »
That is EXACTLY what I would have done as a kid . . . except neither I nor my parents would have been within 10 blocks of this cr@p if we could help it.
That is what I was thinking.  To see that booth, you actually have to be at the event. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1732 on: June 28, 2023, 10:27:18 AM »
One of these days, we need to stop with that response or at least come up with a different way of saying it.  For the most part, people on the right would not encourage people to throw bricks at the left. 

I like calling out double standards
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1733 on: June 28, 2023, 07:43:31 PM »
In California, starting at age 12, they are no longer your children. The Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father.

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/06/28/california-senate-passes-bill-allowing-12-year-olds-to-consent-to-gender-affirming-care-n2384918
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1734 on: June 28, 2023, 07:53:53 PM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1735 on: June 28, 2023, 08:12:36 PM »
In California, starting at age 12, they are no longer your children. The Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father.

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/06/28/california-senate-passes-bill-allowing-12-year-olds-to-consent-to-gender-affirming-care-n2384918

Another reason for anyone with any common sense to get out of California
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1736 on: June 29, 2023, 08:28:13 AM »
Move over Latinx, now we have Latine

Democratic Gov. Ned Lamont signed a bill on Monday that confirmed, "on every official communication or form of a state agency relevant to the Latin American community, or communication by a state employee on behalf of a state agency relevant to such community, such communication or form shall use the terms ‘Latino’, ‘Latina’ and ‘Latine’ to refer to such community."

"Latine" has recently emerged as a gender-neutral alternative for non-binary and transgender Hispanic citizens in response to the controversy surrounding the term "Latinx."

Connecticut rejects 'Latinx,' adds 'Latine' to list of acceptable terms for Latinos in official documents
https://www.foxnews.com/media/connecticut-rejects-latinx-adds-latine-list-acceptable-terms-latinos-official-documents
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1737 on: June 29, 2023, 09:05:36 AM »

Connecticut rejects 'Latinx,' adds 'Latine' to list of acceptable terms for Latinos in official documents
https://www.foxnews.com/media/connecticut-rejects-latinx-adds-latine-list-acceptable-terms-latinos-official-documents
I expect that will go over just as well as 'LatinX' with the Hispanic community. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1738 on: June 29, 2023, 09:15:12 AM »
Good grief...

I wish I could give a Fuckx...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1739 on: June 29, 2023, 09:36:56 AM »
Good grief...

I wish I could give a Fuckx...
No, you should say "Fucke".    =)

.....at least in Connecticut.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 11:35:07 AM by MechAg94 »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1740 on: June 29, 2023, 07:15:24 PM »
Link is NOT to the Babylon Bee

Cervical cancer trust wants vaginas to be called 'bonus holes'
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/06/29/cervical-cancer-trust-wants-vaginas-to-be-called-bonus-holes-n2384965

I really got nothing

« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 07:31:25 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1741 on: June 29, 2023, 09:23:49 PM »

Um, like "latrine"?  =|

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #1742 on: June 29, 2023, 09:25:49 PM »
Link is NOT to the Babylon Bee

Cervical cancer trust wants vaginas to be called 'bonus holes'
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/06/29/cervical-cancer-trust-wants-vaginas-to-be-called-bonus-holes-n2384965

I really got nothing

Hmmmm, I always thought the other hole in that general vicinity on a female was the bonus hole. Guess I have always been wrong!!

bob

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1743 on: June 29, 2023, 11:09:31 PM »

Hmmmm, I always thought the other hole in that general vicinity on a female was the bonus hole. Guess I have always been wrong!!

bob

Pb

• friend
« Reply #1744 on: June 30, 2023, 10:11:37 AM »
 :lol:

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1745 on: June 30, 2023, 12:35:38 PM »
Babylon Bee warning

Historians Now Claim Hitler Was Just Kidding When He Chanted 'We're Coming For The Jews'
https://babylonbee.com/news/historians-now-agree-that-hitler-was-just-kidding-when-he-chanted-were-coming-for-the-jews

NBC Defends Pennywise The Clown's Harmless Slogan 'I'm Coming For Your Children'
https://babylonbee.com/news/nbc-defends-pennywise-the-clowns-harmless-slogan-im-coming-for-your-children
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #1746 on: July 01, 2023, 09:29:01 AM »
Hardly anyone other than "extremist" Christians see the spiritual component to the evil sweeping the USA and west.

The Marxist dialectism is literally inverting the meaning, the definition of good and evil.

We're in a spiritual war and only one side is fighting.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1747 on: July 01, 2023, 01:12:03 PM »
This is getting ridiculous

The Oregon Department of Human Services has attracted criticism for stating the preferred pronouns, rather than sex, of three missing children. 

The brothers Brantley Hinson, 7, Logan Hinson, 4, and River Hinson, two, went missing on June 17 and authorities said they had reason to believe they were at risk, KTVL reported.

The ODHS' Child Welfare Division appealed for public help to find the missing children who they speculated could be in Oregon, Idaho, or Alaska, and provided descriptions of the children.

In the identifying descriptions the division included 'he/him' pronouns alongside other descriptions such as age and hair color, a move that was dubbed 'unbelievable'.

'Unbelievable!' Outrage as woke Oregon social workers use PREFERRED PRONOUNS in alert for three missing brothers aged just 7, 4 and TWO
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12254111/Outrage-woke-Oregon-social-workers-use-PREFERRED-PRONOUNS-description-three-missing-kids.html

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1748 on: July 01, 2023, 02:31:34 PM »
Since many police depts no longer include the race of the suspect I guess we're going to start seeing things like
"Be on the lookout for a we don't know their proper pronouns yet". Please call if you see them."
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1749 on: July 01, 2023, 07:00:15 PM »
Hardly anyone other than "extremist" Christians see the spiritual component to the evil sweeping the USA and west.

The Marxist dialectism is literally inverting the meaning, the definition of good and evil.

We're in a spiritual war and only one side is fighting.

Pretty much.

Since many police depts no longer include the race of the suspect I guess we're going to start seeing things like
"Be on the lookout for a we don't know their proper pronouns yet". Please call if you see them."

Studio C predicted this 8 years ago:

https://youtu.be/tQByeGkJJSc