Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 122310 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #1776 on: July 10, 2023, 04:25:06 PM »
For the single snowflake in your life.

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=what+is+a+breakup+coach&ia=web

Broken link. Apparently, "breakup coaches" are now a thing.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 11:16:18 AM by Perd Hapley »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1777 on: July 11, 2023, 11:18:19 AM »
Here's your stupid for the day. But I will warn you the day is still young on clown world.

TERFism actually upholds patriarchy by gatekeeping femininity, insisting that the boundaries of womanhood are drawn by sexual and/or reproductive organs. By reinforcing existing gender binaries, TERFs lock women into the male gaze: whether for baby-making or mere sexualization.
    — Emma Vigeland - @emmavigeland.bsky.social (@EmmaVigeland) July 10, 2023

Say what?

Oh honey, NO: Young Turks alum accusing TERFS of upholding the patriarchy by protecting women goes WRONG
https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/07/11/emma-vieglad-terfs-are-actually-upholding-the-patriarchy-n2385251
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1778 on: July 12, 2023, 03:32:22 PM »
Remember, they're not your children

Schools in Seattle are currently offering free 'gender affirming care' to students as young as 11, a prominent parental rights organization has found - already enraging parents.

The service, laid bare in documents obtained by Parents Defending Education (PDE) this week, is provided by medical provider Country Doctor Community Health Centers - a facility that already offers hormone therapy and sex-change surgeries for adolescents.

Seattle public schools will offer 'gender affirming care' to students as young as 11 years old at no cost - as critics say it's a 'whole new level of awful for schools to be involved'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12291857/Seattle-public-schools-offer-gender-reaffirming-care-students-no-cost.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1779 on: July 12, 2023, 05:28:31 PM »
Here's your stupid for the day. But I will warn you the day is still young on clown world.

Say what?

Oh honey, NO: Young Turks alum accusing TERFS of upholding the patriarchy by protecting women goes WRONG
https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/07/11/emma-vieglad-terfs-are-actually-upholding-the-patriarchy-n2385251
Does TERF mean traditional equal rights feminist? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1780 on: July 12, 2023, 05:44:25 PM »
Yikes'! Katie Pavlich catches the FBI Director making quite an (unconstitutional?) admission
https://twitchy.com/dougp/2023/07/12/yikes-katie-pavlich-catches-fbi-director-wray-making-quite-an-unconstitutional-admission-n2385329

The FBI director just revealed bank information is turned over to the Bureau "all of the time" without a warrant and won't say if the FBI is purchasing location data of Americans from commercial sources. Yikes.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1781 on: July 12, 2023, 05:46:40 PM »
Since this thread took me to twitchy, I will just drop this here.

FBI says it's a disservice to suggest they had anything to do with January 6
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/07/12/fbi-says-its-a-disservice-to-suggest-they-had-anything-to-do-with-january-6-n2385336

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1782 on: July 12, 2023, 07:11:05 PM »
Does TERF mean traditional equal rights feminist?

Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminist

I guess they threw in the r-word just to make them look bad.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #1783 on: July 12, 2023, 09:17:41 PM »
Since this thread took me to twitchy, I will just drop this here.

FBI says it's a disservice to suggest they had anything to do with January 6
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/07/12/fbi-says-its-a-disservice-to-suggest-they-had-anything-to-do-with-january-6-n2385336

It is axiomatic that the truth is always a disservice to those who benefit from the lie.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1784 on: July 12, 2023, 11:26:43 PM »
Supposedly, these eco-freaks glued their hands down so good, they'll have to have them amputated.

https://twitchy.com/artistangie/2023/07/12/eco-activists-in-germany-learn-about-karma-n2385348

Supposedly.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #1785 on: July 12, 2023, 11:34:56 PM »
Supposedly, these eco-freaks glued their hands down so good, they'll have to have them amputated.

https://twitchy.com/artistangie/2023/07/12/eco-activists-in-germany-learn-about-karma-n2385348

Supposedly.

I don't believe it.  (WTF were they thinking for when the protest was over?)  They might have to get a few layers of skin surgically removed; that'll be bad enough for a good long time.
"It's good, though..."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1786 on: July 13, 2023, 08:04:28 AM »
I don't believe it.  (WTF were they thinking for when the protest was over?)  They might have to get a few layers of skin surgically removed; that'll be bad enough for a good long time.

I tend to agree that amputation seems pretty drastic, but they did completely encase their hands in cement and whatever "industrial epoxy" they got a hold of.  Depending on what that was I could see bones being broken getting it off, or possibly even some pretty bad damage to skin/nerves depending on what was in there.

I think they are well past a couple layers of skin removal just judging by the picture.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1787 on: July 13, 2023, 08:57:22 AM »
Bunch of Darwin award posts. To win a Darwin award someone must improved the human gene pool by eliminating any chance of them passing their obviously inferior genes on either by killing themselves in some stupid way or mutation/destruction of certain body parts (you know which ones) in some stupid way. Unfortunately just losing their hands doesn't qualify since they can still breed.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 09:19:47 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #1788 on: July 13, 2023, 09:37:33 AM »
Unfortunately just losing their hands doesn't qualify since they can still breed.

Yeah but it makes "self love" a tad more difficult.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1789 on: July 13, 2023, 09:41:36 AM »
They are skinny females in their mid 20's.  They only need self love if they want it.

Sadly, I fear that even 1 handed their genes will manage to make another generation.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1790 on: July 13, 2023, 09:44:03 AM »
Yeah but it makes "self love" a tad more difficult.

Remind me to shed a tear sometime later today.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1791 on: July 13, 2023, 09:51:00 AM »
Back in April

Police use drill to free activist's hand during climate protest in Germany
https://www.euronews.com/2023/04/24/police-use-drill-to-free-activists-hand-during-climate-protest-in-germany

Of note

Officers worked over an hour to release the man, who had used a special superglue that could not be dissolved by using olive or sunflower oil, which is what the police have found effective previously.

On this occasion, they resorted to drilling out a chunk of the tarmac around the protestor's hand.

Sounds like they felt the need to up their glue game a bit.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1792 on: July 13, 2023, 09:53:01 AM »
Another one from Dec

Police are forced to dig up road to remove eco-zealot's hand after he stuck himself to tarmac using sand mixed with superglue during climate protest in Germany
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11526447/Police-forced-dig-road-remove-eco-zealots-hand-gluing-tarmac-Germany.html

A member of Letzte Generation, Germany's version of Just Stop Oil, reportedly stuck his hand to the road using superglue mixed with sand, meaning the authorities could not dissolve the glue.

Power tools had to be brought out to cut the area around his hand, while a video of the event also shows several failed attempts at dissolving and filing away the glue.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1793 on: July 13, 2023, 09:55:44 AM »
Believe this one was posted here before but it bears a repeat

Eco-warriors who glued themselves to the floor of a Volkswagen factory in Germany pleaded for medical treatment because their hands were sore and moaned that they couldn’t go to the toilet. The nine activists from the campaign group "Scientist Rebellion" have been arrested after they broke into Autostadt, a museum and car showroom run by Volkswagen in Wolfsburg, Germany.

he eco-protestors glued themselves to the floor of a pavilion of Porsche cars and demanded the German government impose maximum speed limits of 62mph.

But when staff from the museum left for the day, leaving the activists inside, they complained that they had no food and there was no heating and lighting.

One of the protesters, Gianluca Grimalda, who said he was on hunger strike, said: "They refused our request to provide us with a bowl to urinate and defecate in a decent manner while we are glued, and have turned off the heating.

Cry me a river

Eco-warriors plunged into darkness as staff at Volkswagen plant leave them glued to floor
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1685907/eco-warrior-climate-change-germany-volkswagen-just-stop-oil
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1794 on: July 14, 2023, 09:37:32 PM »
Snow White and the Seven Persons
They're can't leave anything alone

New live-action 'Snow White' dumps seven dwarves for seven multi-racial, mixed-gender 'magical creatures'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/new-live-action-snow-white-dumps-seven-dwarves-seven-multi-racial-mixed-gender-magical-creatures

These photos, obtained by British outlet The Daily Mail, indicated that the new "magical creatures" are quite different from the animated dwarves of the original Disney movie. They are multi-racial, multi-gender and differ in height.

Disney had announced they were re-envisioning the dwarves as "magical creatures" to "avoid reinforcing stereotypes" after criticism of the original depictions by "Game of Thrones" actor Peter Dinklage, who has dwarfism.
Of the new seven "magical creatures" pictured, only one appears to have dwarfism, while the others seem to be fully sized men and women of multiple races.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #1797 on: July 15, 2023, 06:59:18 PM »
Stupid should hurt

https://twitter.com/plaxmanck/status/1679769266806046721

Why not just leave them there and ignore them?  >:D  (I think that's what Volkswagen did)
"It's good, though..."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #1798 on: July 15, 2023, 10:48:57 PM »
Could clear the road quick with a handful of tourniquets and an axe ...
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #1799 on: July 15, 2023, 10:54:37 PM »
Could clear the road quick with a handful of tourniquets and an axe ...

>:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”