Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 122336 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #1800 on: July 16, 2023, 08:15:53 AM »
Could clear the road quick with a handful of tourniquets and an axe ...

Considering what they're protesting smoky as heck chainsaws
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1801 on: July 16, 2023, 08:42:12 AM »
Son of a .... (Note the son) knows he has a advantage competing against women

Biological male cyclist who previously competed against women vents his anger after being banned from competing as a a woman due to new cycling rules

“Now I’m forced into the humiliating Men’s/Open Category. No cis woman will be in this category, only trans women and cis men.” pic.twitter.com/TQmH4mnHiR
    — Oli London (@OliLondonTV) July 16, 2023

WAAAH! Biological male cyclist RAGES against 'transphobic' policy forcing him to compete against MEN
https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/07/16/biological-male-cyclist-very-angry-n2385443

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1802 on: July 16, 2023, 11:12:35 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1803 on: July 16, 2023, 11:29:27 AM »
 Thugs don't stand a chance against synchronized meditation

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1804 on: July 16, 2023, 10:31:41 PM »
What a maroon

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau blamed the "American right-wing" for Canadian Muslims' opposition to gender ideology and LGBTQ curriculum in K-12 education.

The video was of Trudeau speaking with the Muslim community last week at a Calgary mosque – Baitun Nur Mosque – after hundreds of protesters rallied against gender ideology in schools, chanting "Leave our kids alone."

The frustration reached a boiling point after audio surfaced of an Edmonton Public Schools teacher berating Muslim students for skipping school in order to avoid pride events.

Justin Trudeau blames 'American right-wing' for Muslims opposing LGBTQ curriculum: 'Leave our kids alone!'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/justin-trudeau-blames-american-right-wing-for-muslims-opposing-lgbtq-curriculum-leave-our-kids-alone
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #1805 on: July 17, 2023, 09:06:39 AM »
. . . Justin Trudeau blames credits 'American right-wing' for Muslims opposing LGBTQ curriculum: 'Leave our kids alone!' . . .
Fixed the media quote.  ;)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #1807 on: July 17, 2023, 12:52:18 PM »
What a maroon

Justin Trudeau blames 'American right-wing' for Muslims opposing LGBTQ curriculum: 'Leave our kids alone!'

It's not longer true, but I have read that in the past most muslims in the USA were Republicans.  We will see if they wise up.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1808 on: July 17, 2023, 03:57:02 PM »
Here's a new one on me
Trantifa

#Trans swimmer Lia Thomas, formerly William Thomas, has now embraced the #Trantifa branding in new photos posted on social media.

Trans violent militancy is the current focus of #Antifa. They believe that critics of trans ideology should be silenced, maimed or murdered. Some… pic.twitter.com/qlU0jQXlbK
    — Andy Ngô 🏳️‍🌈 (@MrAndyNgo) July 17, 2023

Lia Thomas recently came out ... as an 'Antifa Super Soldier'
https://twitchy.com/sarahd/2023/07/17/lia-thomas-trantifa-n2385476

I'll say it again
World War T

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1809 on: July 17, 2023, 04:02:58 PM »
Here's a new one on me
Trantifa

In fairness, all those skinny jean, noodle armed antifa guys look like girls.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #1810 on: July 17, 2023, 04:24:06 PM »
In fairness, all those skinny jean, noodle armed antifa guys look like girls.

Well, aren't most of them a bunch of wussies anyway?  ;/
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1811 on: July 17, 2023, 04:50:47 PM »
Here's a new one on me
Trantifa

Lia Thomas recently came out ... as an 'Antifa Super Soldier'
https://twitchy.com/sarahd/2023/07/17/lia-thomas-trantifa-n2385476

It's just an idea.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1812 on: July 18, 2023, 10:07:20 AM »
"Abortion pills are a lifeline for the transgenders"  ;/

https://twitter.com/i/status/1681044460958883840

https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/07/18/cori-bush-abortion-pill-trans-n2385496

Also, "A lifeline for people who don't want to take a day off work". JHC.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1813 on: July 18, 2023, 11:06:21 AM »
Just when you though this glue thing couldn't get any dumber

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12307227/Moment-cops-CUT-Disney-heiress-Abigail-Disneys-arm-pipe-arrested-climate-change-activists-blockade-ritzy-New-York-private-airport-protest-private-jet-use.html

That is easier than just blocking the road.  Through a chain around a pipe and drag them all off the road. 

One of those protests that only works because they know the other side is nice and won't hurt them.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1814 on: July 18, 2023, 02:34:29 PM »
Landscaper fatally runs over homeless woman sleeping in California park with lawnmower
https://nypost.com/2023/07/16/california-woman-christine-chavez-dead-after-being-runover-by-lawnmower/

A homeless mother sleeping in a California park was killed last week after she was run over by a lawnmower — and investigators left “chunks” of her body strewn across the grass, her family claims.

Christine Chavez, 27, was lying in the tall grass of Beard Brook Park in Modesto around noon on July 8 when an employee riding a John Deere tractor with a pull-behind mower swept the area.

The unidentified worker said he didn’t see the sleeping woman until he “noticed a body in the grass he had already made a pass through,” Modesto police said.

The employee called 911, but Chavez was pronounced dead at the scene.

I am very doubtful the woman still looked like the pictures after living as a transient for 3 or 4 years.  I am also curious if they can confirm if she was dead already or not. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1815 on: July 18, 2023, 03:50:15 PM »
Landscaper fatally runs over homeless woman sleeping in California park with lawnmower
https://nypost.com/2023/07/16/california-woman-christine-chavez-dead-after-being-runover-by-lawnmower/

I am very doubtful the woman still looked like the pictures after living as a transient for 3 or 4 years.  I am also curious if they can confirm if she was dead already or not.

Looks like she neglected to put out chem-lights or set up a watch. smh
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1816 on: July 18, 2023, 04:35:35 PM »

Well she definitely didn't look like the pictures after the lawn mower went through.   >:D

The article says they want ordinances changed and "Justice".  Is it legal to mulch homeless folk in Modesto?  It seems like a tragic accident.  What changes are they looking for?  I also note that her parents apparently live close enough to the park to go pick up skull fragments, but too far away for her to sleep on their couch.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1818 on: July 18, 2023, 06:25:30 PM »
Well, this should help military morale:

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/07/18/report-dod-memo-reveals-that-transgender-service-members-can-skip-deployments-n2385521

Saw something where someone from the Biden admin was blaming recruitment issues on abortion restrictions. You can't make this *expletive deleted*it up. We are so *expletive deleted*ed in the event of a real war.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #1819 on: July 18, 2023, 07:26:20 PM »
Well she definitely didn't look like the pictures after the lawn mower went through.   >:D

The article says they want ordinances changed and "Justice".  Is it legal to mulch homeless folk in Modesto?  It seems like a tragic accident.  What changes are they looking for?  I also note that her parents apparently live close enough to the park to go pick up skull fragments, but too far away for her to sleep on their couch.

Justice is a code word for “a fat payday for us”
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1820 on: July 19, 2023, 09:42:22 AM »

I noticed that.  I assume she was a drug abuser and they either kicked her out or she didn't want to live there.  Of course, they are talking about that and the stupid media won't even ask the question. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1821 on: July 19, 2023, 09:46:42 AM »

Justice is a code word for “a fat payday for us”

When there's money to be had there is no such thing as a "tragic accident"
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1822 on: July 20, 2023, 09:41:44 AM »
    🚨NEW: White House Press Secretary explains that the Biden Administration plans to "build an economy ... that has equity at the center of it" by "eliminating cash bail". pic.twitter.com/wBQIxdeWAa
    — DeSantis War Room 🐊 (@DeSantisWarRoom) July 19, 2023
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/07/19/kjp-says-eliminating-cash-bail-is-bidenomics-n2385555

We are so *expletive deleted*ed
This will do nothing but increase crime in those areas they are claiming to be helping then guess who they'll blame? Then on to the next worthless solution, rinse repeat.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1823 on: July 20, 2023, 12:23:40 PM »
I am, in principle, okay with no-cash bail.  I tend to not like that someone can end up in debt both hiring a lawyer and paying for bail bond in the event they have to defend themselves.  However, I am not sure I know how to manage that.  Sure seems like a lot of major cities just let everyone out immediately regardless if they are committing violent crimes or not.  Then they might schedule a trial a year later.  At the very least, I think bail should be capped at a max amount that is in the range of affordability without a bail bondsman.  Is $10K too much of a stretch?   

I admit I am not all that familiar with how bail is determined.  It seems like it can get sky high to the point of absurdity especially in high profile crimes. 

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1824 on: July 20, 2023, 01:13:03 PM »
Maybe we should rethink how many bullshit victimless crimes we clog the courts up with so that we can actually provide fair but speedy trials.