Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 122348 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #1900 on: August 10, 2023, 09:11:07 AM »
OMG! They're being forced to have sex with men to have children!
Okay, semi jokes aside this is just messed up in so many ways.

Facebook's black market sperm industry exposed: Wannabe moms too poor to afford $30,000 IVF are being lured into having unprotected sex or forced to meet men they met online in parking lots to swap semen samples
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12370461/Facebooks-black-market-sperm-donation-industry-exposed-Wannabe-moms-poor-afford-30-000-IVF-lured-having-unprotected-sex-forced-meet-men-met-online-parking-lots-swap-semen-samples.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1901 on: August 10, 2023, 07:17:30 PM »
News article is from March but I only just now came across it.
Bill is currently in committee

Not charging anyone under 25 with murder while they were trying to commit another crime, what could go wrong?

Maryland Democrats are pushing a bill in the state legislature that would prevent anyone under the age of 25 from being charged with felony murder.

Democratic Del. Charlotte Cruchfield introduced into the Maryland General Assembly the Youth Accountability and Safety Act, which would prohibit a person younger than 25 at the time of the offense from being convicted of first-degree murder under the state's felony murder provisions.

Under those provisions, murder is classified as being in the first degree if it was committed during the perpetration or attempted perpetration of several specified crimes, such as rape, arson, robbery, burglary, carjacking, and other serious offenses.

But with Cruchfield's proposal, which has the support of several Democratic co-sponsors, anyone under age 25 who murders someone while trying to commit one of these other crimes couldn't be charged with first-degree murder — a crime that in Maryland carries life imprisonment with or without the possibility of parole.
Maryland Democrats' bill would block people under 25 from being charged with felony murder
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/maryland-democrats-bill-block-people-under-25-charged-felony-murder

The bill
https://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Legislation/Details/SB0850?ys=2023rs

Apparently also showing up under

Text - Racial Equity Impact Note
https://mgaleg.maryland.gov/Pubs/BudgetFiscal/2023RS-SB0850-REIN.pdf
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1902 on: August 10, 2023, 07:43:17 PM »
News article is from March but I only just now came across it.
Bill is currently in committee

Not charging anyone under 25 with murder while they were trying to commit another crime, what could go wrong?
Maryland Democrats' bill would block people under 25 from being charged with felony murder
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/maryland-democrats-bill-block-people-under-25-charged-felony-murder

It won't be long until everyone under 30 is considered a minor. Seems to me that in fairness, then no one under 25 should vote, buy alcohol, etc.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1903 on: August 10, 2023, 07:44:24 PM »
I was completely unaware of this situation. Apparently we have just paid a $6 billion ransom to Iran to release some hostages.

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/08/10/republicans-pounce-on-biden-admin-for-releasing-6-billion-to-iran-for-hostages-n2386177
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #1904 on: August 10, 2023, 09:19:35 PM »
^^^According to what I just saw on the NBC network news, the US did not pay anything from US assets.  The US released $ 6 billion of oil revenue paid by South Korea to Iran for oil.  That $ 6 billion was tied up in US sanctions against Iran. So it is not like the US wrote a $ 6 billion check to Iran.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/iran-releases-four-americans-from-evin-prison-b396ee09

From the article

Iran has freed five Americans from a notorious Tehran prison with the understanding that five of its own prisoners and billions of dollars in frozen revenue from energy sales would be released in return, U.S. and Iranian officials said.

The official Islamic Republic News Agency said more than $10 billion would be released from accounts in South Korea and Iraq, and that under the agreement, the Americans wouldn’t be permitted to leave Iran until the funds become available in Iranian accounts in Qatar. A U.S. official dismissed  Iran’s claim, saying that only the $6 billion in funds held in South Korea was under discussion. The official added that in exchange for having these Americans move to house arrest, no Iranian prisoners in the U.S. have been released.

“Iran will not be receiving any sanctions relief, and in any instance where we would engage in such efforts to bring Americans home from Iran, Iran’s own funds would be used and transferred to restricted accounts such that the monies can only be used for humanitarian purposes…permitted under our sanctions,” Secretary of State Antony Blinken told reporters on Thursday. “We will continue to enforce all of our sanctions. We will continue to push back on Iran’s destabilizing activities in the region and beyond,” he added.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #1905 on: August 10, 2023, 10:21:47 PM »
“Iran will not be receiving any sanctions relief, and in any instance where we would engage in such efforts to bring Americans home from Iran, Iran’s own funds would be used and transferred to restricted accounts such that the monies can only be used for humanitarian purposes…permitted under our sanctions,” Secretary of State Antony Blinken told reporters on Thursday. “We will continue to enforce all of our sanctions. We will continue to push back on Iran’s destabilizing activities in the region and beyond,” he added.

It's late & I'm tired, so maybe I'm not reading that right.  But, seems that there is in fact some "sanctions relief" in that Iran's getting $6 billion that they otherwise wouldn't have gotten.

Yeah, right, they're going to restrict the usage of those funds to uses "permitted under our sanctions,” .  Sure they will.  They'll take the existing funds from a "permitted" use, transfer those funds to an non-permitted use, then use the new money to fund the "permitted" use.  Or just skip the paperwork shuffle, 'cause that's all it is.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1907 on: August 11, 2023, 10:09:02 AM »
So he's comparing himself to a cream filled donut. Got it
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 10:51:43 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1908 on: August 12, 2023, 12:08:09 PM »
Now we have neopronouns

Yeah....

And then there are neopronouns (“new” pronouns), gender-neutral or nonbinary pronouns that are distinct from the common she, he and they. Neopronouns include terms like “xe” and “em,” and some of them even date back several centuries, when they were introduced by writers as a solution for referring to subjects without assuming gender. Now, they’re also commonly used by nonbinary and trans people.

A guide to neopronouns, from ae to ze
https://www.cnn.com/us/neopronouns-explained-xe-xyr-wellness-cec/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twCNN&utm_term=link&utm_content=2023-08-12T09%3A59%3A37
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #1909 on: August 12, 2023, 09:55:46 PM »
Now we have neopronouns

Yeah....

A guide to neopronouns, from ae to ze
https://www.cnn.com/us/neopronouns-explained-xe-xyr-wellness-cec/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twCNN&utm_term=link&utm_content=2023-08-12T09%3A59%3A37
Not a very good pronoun guide for a person who identifies as an Apache Attack Helicopter.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1910 on: August 12, 2023, 10:12:30 PM »
Not a very good pronoun guide for a person who identifies as an Apache Attack Helicopter.

I identify as an A-10
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT
Excuse me
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #1911 on: August 12, 2023, 11:49:01 PM »
I identify as a Squishy, hydrophilic, Carbon Based Life-form.
My pronouns are Fat-ass/Dumb-ass.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1912 on: August 16, 2023, 07:17:38 AM »
She's the director of mental health. Yeah.... She's a *expletive deleted*ing loon

A California hospital executive and professor claimed children can identify as a mythology-inspired creature and claimed that this category of children love mermaids, according to a presentation reviewed by Fox News Digital.

Diane Ehrensaft, a self-identified "feminist" who supports a "gender revolution," is the director of mental health and chief psychologist at the UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital gender development center. She is also a professor at UCSF School of Medicine. The developmental and clinical psychologist specializes in pediatric "gender-affirmative care for transgender and gender-expansive patients."

Her biography paged reflected that Ehrensaft focuses her research on how genders before puberty develop as well as the mental health effects of puberty blockers and cross-sex hormones, which are part of chemical sex changes, on children.

Ehrensaft made what some may consider fringe claims about gender ideology, including that kids can identify as "gender hybrids" which include a mythology-inspired creature called a "gender Minotaur," and that kids can change their genders by season and can have different identities depending on their location.

Feminist medical school professor says trans kids identifying as 'minotaurs' are part of 'gender revolution'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/feminist-medical-school-professor-says-trans-kids-identifying-minotaurs-part-gender-revolution

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1913 on: August 16, 2023, 08:21:11 AM »
5 year old on cocaine shoots 1 year who had MJ in his system.
Fentanyl found in the apartment as well.
Yeah.....some great parenting there.

5-year-old who fatally shot baby brother was on cocaine — while dead toddler had marijuana in system
https://nypost.com/2023/07/27/5-year-old-who-shot-and-killed-baby-brother-had-done-cocaine/
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1914 on: August 16, 2023, 08:24:09 AM »
5 year old on cocaine shoots 1 year who had MJ in his system.
Fentanyl found in the apartment as well.
Yeah.....some great parenting there.

5-year-old who fatally shot baby brother was on cocaine — while dead toddler had marijuana in system
https://nypost.com/2023/07/27/5-year-old-who-shot-and-killed-baby-brother-had-done-cocaine/

God DAMN we need gun control to keep tragedies like this from happening!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1915 on: August 16, 2023, 08:51:19 AM »
Some mother-son texting prior to his killing the mother of his child. The mangled language is almost as bad as the murder.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/mother-charged-incomprehensible-texts-reveal-helped-son-plan-deadly-shooting

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1916 on: August 16, 2023, 09:10:53 AM »
Some mother-son texting prior to his killing the mother of his child. The mangled language is almost as bad as the murder.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/mother-charged-incomprehensible-texts-reveal-helped-son-plan-deadly-shooting

Now now, expecting proper English is racist.

Sheila: "Hold up let me get it erase the texts cause I don’t want nobody to know I was texting you stupid a--."

So apparently she realized at this point the texts on her phone could be used against her but I guess she completely forgot about his phone or that the cell phone company usually has records.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1917 on: August 16, 2023, 11:44:01 AM »
Who would have thought this guy would be trouble

Las Vegas man arrested after allegedly killing girlfriend at home
https://www.foxnews.com/us/las-vegas-man-arrested-after-allegedly-killing-girlfriend-home
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #1918 on: August 16, 2023, 11:50:21 AM »
Who would have thought this guy would be trouble

Las Vegas man arrested after allegedly killing girlfriend at home
https://www.foxnews.com/us/las-vegas-man-arrested-after-allegedly-killing-girlfriend-home

Just.

Plain.

Nuts.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #1919 on: August 16, 2023, 12:37:26 PM »
The glasses seem out of place.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Pb

• friend
« Reply #1920 on: August 16, 2023, 03:07:40 PM »
I for one, and am not the slightest bit surprised that a man who looked like that could get a girlfriend. 

JN01

• friend
« Reply #1921 on: August 16, 2023, 07:18:06 PM »

He should have had contacts tatooed on his eyeballs.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #1922 on: August 17, 2023, 01:17:32 AM »

They make him look smarter
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1923 on: August 17, 2023, 08:23:49 AM »
They make him look smarter

Probably helps in the job interviews.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #1924 on: August 17, 2023, 09:24:40 AM »
Well, at least he never forgets them.