Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 122342 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #1925 on: August 17, 2023, 09:28:23 AM »
He should have had contacts tatooed on his eyeballs.

When he has to upgrade to bifocals they'll tattoo the divider straight across his eyeballs.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1926 on: August 17, 2023, 12:25:07 PM »
The American Medical Association (AMA) has suggested that taxpayers should subsidize uterus transplants worth up to $300,000 to help transgender women get pregnant.

Arguments were made to reduce the cost of the surgery in its Journal of Ethics issue in June titled Patient-Centered Transgender Surgical Care.

How about a big fat NO!

It argued that trans women's inability to bear children may cause them to experience 'psychological dissonance' which undermines their health and well-being.

"may cause them to experience 'psychological dissonance"
About that........

Taxpayers should fund $300,000 UTERUS transplants to help transgender women get pregnant, suggests American Medical Association
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12417181/American-Medical-Association-suggests-taxpayers-fund-300-000-UTERUS-transplants-help-transgender-women-pregnant.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1927 on: August 17, 2023, 05:02:18 PM »
How about the AMA funds the uterus transplants for trannies?  Seems only fair as it's their idea.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1928 on: August 17, 2023, 05:05:43 PM »
"'Taxpayers should pay doctors a whole lot of money!!' says the AMA."

Why am I not surprised.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1929 on: August 17, 2023, 09:14:16 PM »
This is a whole another level of *expletive deleted*ed up

Newly-released images show final distressing hours of five Mexican college students as cartel thugs forced one of the victims to decapitate his childhood friend
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12417537/Newly-released-images-final-distressing-hours-five-Mexican-college-students-cartel-thugs-forced-one-victims-decapitate-childhood-friend.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1930 on: August 18, 2023, 10:00:44 AM »
More stupid *expletive deleted*it from TokTok

Oldham County Schools said students who participate in a new social media video challenge that’s considered threatening will be facing serious consequences.

The school district confirmed there have been incidents of students participating in the TikTok “challenge” that encourages them to get a video of themselves telling the teacher there’s a bomb or gun in their backpack.
https://www.wave3.com/2023/08/18/ocs-confirms-incidents-students-participating-threatening-tiktok-challenge/

What the heck is it with TokTok and stuff like this and why do stupid Americans keep falling for it?
Isn't TikTok supposedly run by the Chinese Govt?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1931 on: August 18, 2023, 01:14:28 PM »
Isn't TikTok supposedly run by the Chinese Govt?

Who do you think is promoting these stupid challenges while Chinese kids get math and science challenges?

Fifth gen warfare, man.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1932 on: August 18, 2023, 01:45:19 PM »
Along that same line of thought............

Viral Anti-Marriage TikTok Looks Like CHINESE DEEPFAKE, TikTok Is Brainwashing Your Kids
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3FPPZhkjtQ

This was the only video I could find mentioning this today.  I saw it mentioned in a number of places.  A TikTok video that seemed to make marriage and kids look like a bad life choice.  Lots of Chinese stuff in the background and it looks like it was filmed in China.  This video is saying the woman might be Chinese and video was altered to make her look American, but that is just speculation. 

Just more propaganda BS. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #1933 on: August 19, 2023, 09:40:39 AM »
TikTok challenges . . .  :facepalm:

I did a lot of dumb stuff when I was a kid, and maybe it's a good thing that there wasn't YouTube or TikTok or even the internet back then . . . but EVEN AT MY WORST, I was never as downright stupid and oblivious to the consequences as so many of today's kids seem to be. I knew that bragging about something "bad" that I got away with was a great way to NOT get away with it. (FWIW, I was generally law abiding, but never had a lot of respect for mere rules.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #1938 on: August 20, 2023, 03:41:49 PM »
Some mother-son texting prior to his killing the mother of his child. The mangled language is almost as bad as the murder.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/mother-charged-incomprehensible-texts-reveal-helped-son-plan-deadly-shooting

Lovely.

The shooter is 20, the shootee was 18, and they had a 2-year old child. Which means that he got his girlfriend knocked up when he was 18 and she was 15 or 16.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #1939 on: August 20, 2023, 03:50:51 PM »
It argued that trans women's inability to bear children may cause them to experience 'psychological dissonance' which undermines their health and well-being.
"may cause them to experience 'psychological dissonance"

They're already experiencing psychological dissonance. Isn't that exactly what "gender dysphoria" is?

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1941 on: August 21, 2023, 08:06:44 AM »
Not tattoos this time but apparently there are guys getting implants trying to look like Popeye

Is this the new Popeye? TikToker follows in the footsteps of Russian social media star and his ridiculously modified biceps - and viewers are up in arms!
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12428253/Is-new-Popeye-TikToker-follows-footsteps-Russian-social-media-star-ridiculously-modified-biceps-viewers-arms.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #1942 on: August 21, 2023, 06:33:12 PM »
Not tattoos this time but apparently there are guys getting implants trying to look like Popeye

Is this the new Popeye? TikToker follows in the footsteps of Russian social media star and his ridiculously modified biceps - and viewers are up in arms!

Please tell me that was a pun ...  [ar15]

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #1943 on: August 22, 2023, 11:02:51 AM »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12428253/Is-new-Popeye-TikToker-follows-footsteps-Russian-social-media-star-ridiculously-modified-biceps-viewers-arms.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=netIFzgfFK0
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1944 on: August 22, 2023, 02:25:28 PM »

That is horrific to look at.  If I had seen that photo in any other context, I would assume it was a bad photoshop especially since the rest of the muscles don't look like much in comparrison. 

Kirill Tereshin, 23, was warned he could die or face amputation if he did not get rid of the three litres of petroleum jelly he injected into each arm.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1945 on: August 22, 2023, 04:27:42 PM »
Intelligent group

Florida brawl at chicken wing restaurant triggered after 5 women clogged toilet: police
https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-brawl-chicken-wing-restaurant-triggered-five-women-clogged-toilet-police
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1946 on: August 22, 2023, 04:45:31 PM »
Daddy, what did you do in The Great Climate Change War?

Can military academy cadets help the @usarmy become more resilient in the face of climate change? I just spoke with young creative minds at @WestPoint_USMA who are tackling the challenge head-on. Innovation must come from all levels. We are always stronger as a team.… pic.twitter.com/xTzPKrRIAN
    — Deputy Secretary of Defense Kathleen Hicks (@DepSecDef) August 22, 2023
https://twitchy.com/gordon-kushner/2023/08/22/deputy-secretary-of-defense-wants-our-armed-forces-to-be-prepared-for-climate-change-n2386500
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #1947 on: August 22, 2023, 05:12:13 PM »
Daddy, what did you do in The Great Climate Change War?
https://twitchy.com/gordon-kushner/2023/08/22/deputy-secretary-of-defense-wants-our-armed-forces-to-be-prepared-for-climate-change-n2386500

I shoveled *expletive deleted*it in Louisiana 😂

(btw, the link doesn't work)
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1948 on: August 22, 2023, 05:33:08 PM »
I shoveled *expletive deleted*it in Louisiana 😂

(btw, the link doesn't work)

working for me
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #1949 on: August 22, 2023, 05:50:53 PM »
working for me

It works for me now too.  Weird.
"It's good, though..."