Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 122262 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #1950 on: August 22, 2023, 09:43:35 PM »
Not tattoos this time but apparently there are guys getting implants trying to look like Popeye

Is this the new Popeye? TikToker follows in the footsteps of Russian social media star and his ridiculously modified biceps - and viewers are up in arms!
Um . . . wasn't it Popeye's forearms that were overdeveloped, not his biceps?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1951 on: August 22, 2023, 09:57:56 PM »
Um . . . wasn't it Popeye's forearms that were overdeveloped, not his biceps?

Now that you mention it, yeah
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1952 on: August 23, 2023, 04:38:05 PM »
    DNC surrogate in Milwaukee:

"I would suggest that anybody who thinks that this country is in decline — come to cities! Because Democrat mayors all across the nation are creating great places where people want to be!" pic.twitter.com/Ektwb7mwFi
    — RNC Research (@RNCResearch) August 23, 2023
https://twitchy.com/dougp/2023/08/23/democrat-in-milwaukee-says-that-for-proof-us-is-not-in-decline-go-to-a-flourishing-dem-run-city-n2386520

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #1953 on: August 23, 2023, 04:50:03 PM »
Some people still like cities.  Not everyone wants to live out in the country, have to plan for when you "go into town", smell the neighbor's farm, not be able to nab any kind of food at a moment's notice, have to prepare for and deal with problems on your own because the HOA isn't coming to clean up the storm debris, etc. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1954 on: August 23, 2023, 04:59:12 PM »
Some people still like cities.  Not everyone wants to live out in the country, have to plan for when you "go into town", smell the neighbor's farm, not be able to nab any kind of food at a moment's notice, have to prepare for and deal with problems on your own because the HOA isn't coming to clean up the storm debris, etc.

Well, and "city" is a pretty broad term. There are cities and there are cities, and everyone has different preferences. Were I to move back to a city, it wouldn't be a place like Chicago or NYC. There are literally thousands of mid-sized cities that are relatively crime free with plenty of cultural and other amenities. Of course plenty of people want to live in places like Chicago, or they wouldn't be as ginormous as they are.

Plus the more people who like cities like Chicago and move there, the less of them that I will have to put up with elsewhere.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #1955 on: August 23, 2023, 05:15:17 PM »
Well, and "city" is a pretty broad term. There are cities and there are cities, and everyone has different preferences. Were I to move back to a city, it wouldn't be a place like Chicago or NYC. There are literally thousands of mid-sized cities that are relatively crime free with plenty of cultural and other amenities. Of course plenty of people want to live in places like Chicago, or they wouldn't be as ginormous as they are.
Very true.

Plus the more people who like cities like Chicago and move there, the less of them that I will have to put up with elsewhere.  =D
Damn straight.

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1957 on: August 27, 2023, 10:01:33 AM »
Holy crap, man. Parents like this need to be in prison, or preferably in the woodchipper. Same with the doctors. Chemically castrate their pre-pubescent boy to become a girl. Now the kid's not sure about it.

https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/08/27/trans-kid-cries-tells-mom-he-hopes-she-will-love-him-if-he-says-he-still-feels-like-a-little-boy-watch-n2386625
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1958 on: August 27, 2023, 10:09:41 AM »
Holy crap, man. Parents like this need to be in prison, or preferably in the woodchipper. Same with the doctors. Chemically castrate their pre-pubescent boy to become a girl. Now the kid's not sure about it.

https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/08/27/trans-kid-cries-tells-mom-he-hopes-she-will-love-him-if-he-says-he-still-feels-like-a-little-boy-watch-n2386625

Seeing more of this lately, woke parents permanently mutilating their children and pretty much ruining any chance they had for a normal life all in the name of an insane political religion. Used to be if a parent did something like that it was off to prison they went, now the left applauds them as heroes. *expletive deleted*ing sick bastards
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1959 on: August 27, 2023, 10:38:51 AM »
And they call us crazy for not embracing it as perfectly normal.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1960 on: August 27, 2023, 11:27:59 AM »
Seeing more of this lately, woke parents permanently mutilating their children and pretty much ruining any chance they had for a normal life all in the name of an insane political religion. Used to be if a parent did something like that it was off to prison they went, now the left applauds them as heroes. *expletive deleted*ing sick bastards

It's only gonna get worse:

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1961 on: August 27, 2023, 11:49:14 AM »
How much of that is kids feeling pressured to answer yes, basically being told if they don't they're bigots, nowadays?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #1962 on: August 27, 2023, 12:32:59 PM »
Yeah, there's no grooming going on here.   ;/

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1963 on: August 29, 2023, 09:54:26 AM »
White people are bad and if it's not equitable burn it down.
I suppose that means white people among other things.

Casey Menninger is a diversity teacher in Jefferson County Public School District's Foster K-8 school. Menninger was involved in crafting the curriculum for other teachers to present to their classes.

Menninger wanted classes to be focused on bad things done by White people.

"I will have a quick presentation for 8th grade in the next couple weeks… I just want them to work on some of the communication skills and understand some terrible things White people did," he said in an email dated January 2022.

His emails, obtained by a public record request, showed that staff were not completely on board with his equity class, and they were "talking trash" about him.

"The meetings are very difficult," he said in an email to dated August 2021. I am trying to impact change in a positive way, but it is very hard to not want to burn things down that I don't find equitable."

He then blasted staff for not having an "equity lens."

"I am learning a lot of restraint. I don't think anyone else on the team has that equity lens, so it is challenging to impact change where they don't see a need. I am also trying to learn how to respond to emotional outbursts from adults. It is difficult. I don't like it."

Diversity teacher writes about wanting to 'burn things down' that aren't equitable
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/08/28/diversity-teacher-writes-about-wanting-to-burn-things-down-that-arent-equitable-n2386669
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1964 on: August 29, 2023, 02:36:38 PM »
Kid kicked out of school for Gadsden Flag patch. Gotta be one of the most clean cut, 1950s kinda kid I've ever seen. Glad that his mom is standing up for him in the video while the school calls it a "pro slavery" flag.

https://twitchy.com/justmindy/2023/08/29/jaiden-colorado-removed-from-class-gadsen-flag-n2386683

Also, extremely surprising, the Colorado Governor seems to be sticking up for him too.

https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/08/29/jared-polis-reaction-to-boy-being-kicked-out-of-class-over-gadsden-patch-n2386686

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1965 on: August 29, 2023, 02:45:18 PM »
Not surprising in CO anymore since CO seems to drifting further to the left

A Marxist teacher from Colorado, who called for a "FORCEFUL Cultural Revolution" against "Whiteness," was voted in by Democrats to fill an open state House of Representatives seat Saturday.

Tim Hernández was selected as a state representative for the Denver area on Saturday by a committee of Democrats tasked with filling the vacant seat after its incumbent, Serena Gonzales-Gutierrez, was elected to the Denver City Council.

Hernandez worked at Aurora West Preparatory Academy in the Aurora Public Schools District, according to its website from May. Their staff list has since been scrubbed, and it was unclear if he continues to work in the Colorado district. A sign in his classroom called for "Dismantl[ing] White systems."

Marxist teacher who called for 'forceful cultural revolution' lands seat on state legislature
https://www.foxnews.com/media/marxist-who-called-for-forceful-cultural-revolution-lands-seat-on-state-legislature
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1966 on: August 30, 2023, 07:34:47 AM »
    BREAKING: Canada issues LGBTQ travel advisory for United States

"Some states have enacted laws and policies that may affect 2SLGBTQI+ persons. Check relevant state and local laws," advisory says.
    — Breaking911 (@Breaking911) August 29, 2023
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/08/29/canada-issues-a-2slgbtqi-travel-advisory-for-the-united-states-n2386701

In other Canadian news Trudeau has been making plans for if the US goes fascist in 2024
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1967 on: August 30, 2023, 08:13:00 AM »
The Gadsden kid won. Interestingly, the school mentions that he additionally had "gun and alcohol patches" on his backpack. Given their gross misinterpretation of the Gadsden Flag, I wonder what the "gun and alcohol" patches were? Maybe "ATF should be a convenience store".  :rofl:

https://twitchy.com/fuzzychimp/2023/08/29/victory-vanguard-schools-will-no-longer-tread-on-12-year-old-jaiden-for-gadsden-flag-patch-n2386704

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1968 on: August 30, 2023, 09:33:58 AM »
Yeah, this probably belongs here

Rob Reiner
@robreiner
·
Follow
In another example of the most successful Presidency in the last 60 years, Joe Biden has dramatically lowered the cost of prescription drugs. In ‘24, let’s choose Effectiveness and Decency over Lying and Criminality.
7:16 PM · Aug 29, 2023
https://twitchy.com/dougp/2023/08/30/rob-reiners-celebration-of-most-successful-presidency-in-the-last-60-years-gets-reality-checked-n2386706

Surprised he didn't also say dramatically lowered the deficit.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1969 on: August 30, 2023, 09:58:54 AM »
Yeah, this probably belongs here
https://twitchy.com/dougp/2023/08/30/rob-reiners-celebration-of-most-successful-presidency-in-the-last-60-years-gets-reality-checked-n2386706

Surprised he didn't also say dramatically lowered the deficit.

Roseanne Barr has been on fire lately:

Roseanne Barr
@therealroseanne
I have no caption because nothing I write can be as funny as this.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1970 on: August 30, 2023, 10:23:30 AM »
I really wonder what they're smoking when I see posts going on about how Biden has lower prices and the deficit.
On the prescription side I know two people who's prescription costs have double or even tripled since they passed that bill.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1971 on: August 30, 2023, 01:54:30 PM »
Couple contaminate drought-stricken town’s water supply by dyeing waterfall blue for gender reveal
https://news.yahoo.com/couple-under-investigation-turning-waterfall-064835421.html

This seemed like the best thread for this.

There was no mention of any actual contaminate, but adding dye to the waterfall is technically pollution and is against the law in Brazil. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1972 on: August 30, 2023, 02:09:10 PM »
Couple contaminate drought-stricken town’s water supply by dyeing waterfall blue for gender reveal
https://news.yahoo.com/couple-under-investigation-turning-waterfall-064835421.html

This seemed like the best thread for this.

There was no mention of any actual contaminate, but adding dye to the waterfall is technically pollution and is against the law in Brazil.

I would think it's just food dye.
If so while stupid probably the biggest harm was that everyone came out of the shower looking like a Smurf for awhile.  :rofl:
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1973 on: August 30, 2023, 03:01:46 PM »
The Gadsden kid won. Interestingly, the school mentions that he additionally had "gun and alcohol patches" on his backpack. Given their gross misinterpretation of the Gadsden Flag, I wonder what the "gun and alcohol" patches were? Maybe "ATF should be a convenience store".  :rofl:

https://twitchy.com/fuzzychimp/2023/08/29/victory-vanguard-schools-will-no-longer-tread-on-12-year-old-jaiden-for-gadsden-flag-patch-n2386704

Democrats Unveil ‘Tread On Me’ Flag
https://babylonbee.com/news/democrats-unveil-tread-on-me-flag

- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #1974 on: August 30, 2023, 03:30:10 PM »

Here is a video that shows the backpack and patches. It also says he removed patches that depicted semi-automatic firearms. Because we all know how dangerous a picture of a gun can be,  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pul3KyZkGIY

bob