Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 122268 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #1975 on: August 30, 2023, 04:19:34 PM »
Here is a video that shows the backpack and patches. It also says he removed patches that depicted semi-automatic firearms. Because we all know how dangerous a picture of a gun can be,  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pul3KyZkGIY

bob

I don't see an "alcohol" patch. I wonder if they let him keep the St Michael patches? The kid knows all the cool patches.  =)

Also, get a load of the stickers on the back of the car of the teacher who started the hulabaloo.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1976 on: August 30, 2023, 10:23:48 PM »
Man jailed for raping masked intruder in home

Some Australian madness.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/8327339/man-jailed-for-raping-masked-intruder-in-home/

A Melbourne man who overpowered and raped an intruder will spend at least four years in prison.
--------------
Mr Cox was beaten with a baseball bat and was incapacitated on the floor, where Holland then raped him.

His body was found at the scene under a pile of blankets a day later by police, who arrived at the property on an unrelated matter.

He was hogtied, his mouth was duct taped and his pants were pulled down to his upper thighs.

https://nz.news.yahoo.com/man-jailed-raping-masked-intruder-015338329.html

I think there are better ways to deal with intruders.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1977 on: September 04, 2023, 12:47:39 PM »
This didn't go over very well.

Again, someone who unironically describes gay people as 'homosexual' is almost certainly homophobic.
    — Owen Jones (@OwenJones84) September 2, 2023
https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/09/04/owen-jones-homosexual-is-homophobic-n2386833
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1978 on: September 04, 2023, 02:46:30 PM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #1980 on: September 04, 2023, 05:39:02 PM »
This didn't go over very well.
https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/09/04/owen-jones-homosexual-is-homophobic-n2386833

We clearly don't need television or stand-up comedians any more when there's so much hilarious comedy out there in the wild.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1981 on: September 06, 2023, 11:28:54 AM »
Was looking at some tweets on twitter, sorry X, and this person pop up

Andrew Tate
@Cobratate
5 x boosted 😷💉, Xe/Xim, Vice/BBC, BLM ✊🏿, Democrat, Vegan, Just Stop Oil, Climate change ⚠️! Biden 2024 🇺🇦 🌈

Bet they're fun at parties
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1982 on: September 06, 2023, 11:43:46 AM »

Andrew Tate
@Cobratate
5 x boosted 😷💉, Xe/Xim, Vice/BBC, BLM ✊🏿, Democrat, Vegan, Just Stop Oil, Climate change ⚠️! Biden 2024 🇺🇦 🌈

What? No Ukrainian flag? HE'S A BIGOT!!!!!!!!!!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1983 on: September 06, 2023, 11:48:14 AM »
What? No Ukrainian flag? HE'S A BIGOT!!!!!!!!!!

It's there
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1984 on: September 06, 2023, 05:49:15 PM »
Morons

Engineers in China "irreparably" damaged the Great Wall of China while trying to find a "shortcut" for their business, according to local reports.

"Excavators were used to excavate the original gap of the ancient Great Wall into a large gap, so that the excavator could pass through the gap, which caused irreversible damage to the integrity of the Ming Great Wall and the safety of cultural relics," police said in a statement.

Vandals busted open Great Wall to make 'shortcut,' creating 'irreversible damage'
https://www.foxnews.com/world/vandals-busted-great-wall-make-shortcut-creating-irreversible-damage
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #1985 on: September 06, 2023, 05:58:21 PM »
Morons

Vandals busted open Great Wall to make 'shortcut,' creating 'irreversible damage'
https://www.foxnews.com/world/vandals-busted-great-wall-make-shortcut-creating-irreversible-damage

More executions on the horizon?
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1986 on: September 07, 2023, 01:31:11 AM »
More executions on the horizon?

I fully support that in this case.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1987 on: September 07, 2023, 08:54:02 AM »
Morons

Which pictures on that link are accurate?  Was that section just a dirt pile?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1988 on: September 07, 2023, 09:13:29 AM »
Which pictures on that link are accurate?  Was that section just a dirt pile?

That section is known as the 32nd section of the Great Wall.
Probably a better view what that section looks like. Not sure the photo is of the same section but should be similar. Basically brick walls filled in with dirt. Some sections are in better condition than others

From wiki

Before the use of bricks, the Great Wall was mainly built from rammed earth, stones, and wood. During the Ming, however, bricks were heavily used in many areas of the wall, as were materials such as tiles, lime, and stone. The size and weight of the bricks made them easier to work with than earth and stone, so construction quickened. Additionally, bricks could bear more weight and endure better than rammed earth. Stone can hold under its own weight better than brick, but is more difficult to use. Consequently, stones cut into rectangular shapes were used for the foundation, inner and outer brims, and gateways of the wall. Battlements line the uppermost portion of the vast majority of the wall, with defensive gaps a little over 30 cm (12 in) tall, and about 23 cm (9.1 in) wide. From the parapets, guards could survey the surrounding land.[59]

Sticky rice mortar, consisting of sticky rice soup mixed with slaked lime, was extensively used to hold bricks together;[60][61] no human bones or body parts were ever incorporated into the mortar or any part of the wall, contrary to what a legend states.[62][63] Communication between the army units along the length of the Great Wall, including the ability to call reinforcements and warn garrisons of enemy movements, was of high importance. Signal towers were built upon hill tops or other high points along the wall for their visibility. Wooden gates could be used as a trap against those going through. Barracks, stables, and armories were built near the wall's inner surface.[59]

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1989 on: September 07, 2023, 09:21:52 AM »
Learn something new every day.

Doing some reading and it's the English speaking world that refers to it as "Great Wall". The Chinese typically refer to it as "Long Wall"
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1990 on: September 07, 2023, 10:25:53 AM »

Andrew Tate
@Cobratate

Do you really not know who Andrew Tate is?  Or did I miss sarcasm?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1991 on: September 07, 2023, 10:31:30 AM »
Do you really not know who Andrew Tate is?  Or did I miss sarcasm?

Not ringing a bell

Google, who is Andrew Tate?

Okay, don't recall ever hearing of him.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1992 on: September 07, 2023, 12:43:22 PM »
He's a *expletive deleted*che, pimp, and probably a human trafficker on some level, among other things, but pretty prominent social media "alpha male" type.

Suffice to say that whole Twitter bio line is sarcasm on his part.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1993 on: September 08, 2023, 09:09:12 AM »
Say hello to your kid's new elementary school principal

Oklahoma district who hired drag queen to be elementary school principal faces backlash: 'Unimaginable'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/oklahoma-official-uimaginable-elementary-school-hired-principal-secret-drag-queen-life

- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1994 on: September 08, 2023, 09:44:32 AM »
If Dame Edna had a satanic love child?

Jesus!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1995 on: September 08, 2023, 10:33:40 AM »
Say hello to your kid's new elementary school principal

Oklahoma district who hired drag queen to be elementary school principal faces backlash: 'Unimaginable'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/oklahoma-official-uimaginable-elementary-school-hired-principal-secret-drag-queen-life

Part of Oklahoma City metro area.  AKA- Berkley on the Prairie.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1996 on: September 08, 2023, 10:41:17 AM »
Part of Oklahoma City metro area.  AKA- Berkley on the Prairie.

I was gonna say, "How the heck does this happen in Oklahoma?!?" but then, Idaho has Boise so...

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #1997 on: September 08, 2023, 11:44:55 AM »
I was gonna say, "How the heck does this happen in Oklahoma?!?" but then, Idaho has Boise so...

Every state has one,  hell Nevada has two, Reno and Las Vegas. If it wasn't for them we would be a deep red state but now we are on the blue side of purple. :(

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1998 on: September 08, 2023, 12:19:48 PM »
Muff diving aside, was it common knowledge that the press secretary's girlfriend is a CNN anchor? News to me. Certainly wouldn't be any special political favors happening there. Nope, not at all.

https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/09/08/siraj-hashmi-kjp-breaks-up-with-longtime-partner-n2386972

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1999 on: September 08, 2023, 05:55:27 PM »
And this just in from California

BREAKING: The California Assembly just voted in favor of AB 957 which will require judges take into account whether a parent "affirms" a child's "gender identity or gender expression" in determining custody.

The Senate already approved it so it's heading to Gavin Newsom's desk.
    — Greg Price (@greg_price11) September 8, 2023

This is California State Rep. Lori Wilson, who wrote AB 957: "Parents affirm their children. Typically it happens when their gender identity matches their biological gender. But when it doesn't, the affirmation starts to wane... Our duty as parents is to affirm our children." pic.twitter.com/KP2Z9sksmp
    — Greg Price (@greg_price11) September 8, 2023
https://twitchy.com/fuzzychimp/2023/09/08/insanity-in-california-ab-957-gender-affirmation-bill-passes-state-assembly-newsom-on-deck-n2386999

I got nothing
- Calvin and Hobbes