Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 122227 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #2050 on: October 02, 2023, 07:43:37 AM »
She's baaaack with more of the world most accommodate her self inflicted illness

Plus-size travel influencer who demanded other passengers pay for obese flyers' extra seats now calls on hotels to enlarge HALLWAYS to help fat guests
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12582115/Plus-size-travel-influencer-enlarge-HALLWAYS.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2051 on: October 02, 2023, 09:28:02 AM »
Actually, Tualatin is south and just slightly west of Portland.  It's not coastal.  So, to your point, and because it is a lefty enclave close to Portland, it will be even more likely the little girl that got beat up will be the one sanctioned by the school.
I just recently got back from a week long visit with my Dad who lives in Tigard, just north of Tualatin.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2052 on: October 02, 2023, 09:40:47 AM »
Actually, Tualatin is south and just slightly west of Portland.  It's not coastal.

I guess I was doing the California thing and just calling everything West of the Cascades "coastal".  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2053 on: October 02, 2023, 03:10:35 PM »
If they conceded to demands, nobody would go to Waffle House again, since who want to pay $50 for a Waffle House quality breakfast?

https://twitchy.com/coucy/2023/10/02/waffle-house-n2388011
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2054 on: October 03, 2023, 08:58:14 PM »
If they conceded to demands, nobody would go to Waffle House again, since who want to pay $50 for a Waffle House quality breakfast?

That depends, how drunk am I and how hungry am I? $50 may not be too out of line, just consider it a breakfast show. :)

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2055 on: October 04, 2023, 07:50:51 AM »
When you become a victim of the city you wanted

Ryan Carson, a social justice advocate who was on a mission to make New York a better place, was stabbed to death on the streets of Crown Heights on Monday.

People who knew Carson, 32, said he dedicated his life to trying to change things for the better.
Ryan Carson, social justice advocate, stabbed to death in Crown Heights
https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news/ryan-carson-social-justice-advocate-stabbed-to-death-in-crown-heights/

Ryan was with his girlfriend when the suspect - wearing a dark colored sweatshirt with his hood up - asked 'What the f**k are you looking at?' before violently stabbing him in the chest.
In security footage, the assailant can be seen kicking over scooters before turning on the couple.
The attacker can be heard saying 'I'll kill you!' on camera while Carson pleads with him and holds up his hand.
His girlfriend can be heard in the security footage shouting: 'Please, please, please!'
Carson falls over the bench he had been sitting on before the attacker knocks him to the ground and knifes him multiple times.
He then spits on the girlfriend, kicks Carson's body and storms away.

Ryan Carson, 32, is stabbed to death while waiting at bus stop with his girlfriend in unprovoked attack by unhinged thug
https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news/ryan-carson-social-justice-advocate-stabbed-to-death-in-crown-heights/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2056 on: October 04, 2023, 08:01:49 AM »
There's been a spate of prominent Lefties and Democrats (in a Venn diagram, the circles would overlap almost perfectly) becoming victims of violent crime over the past year.

I SHOULD say I'm sorry to see it happen.

But I won't, since they're primarily the ones who ENABLE violent crime. Along with a whole host of other societal ills.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2057 on: October 04, 2023, 09:02:46 AM »

I've been to Waffle House once in my life, and that was once too often.

As far as I'm concerned, they can pay their staff $100,000 an hour, because I'll never be part of paying their salaries.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2058 on: October 04, 2023, 10:22:46 AM »

As far as I'm concerned, they can pay their staff $100,000 an hour, because I'll never be part of paying their salaries.
I ate at one a few weeks ago in Suphur, LA.  It was actually pretty good.  Just eggs, bacon, and hash browns.  Hard to mess that up.  It didn't look like that location has a crime problem. 

I can understand the security issue, but $25 per hour is pushing it.  However, they can always quit and get a job in a different part of town.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2059 on: October 04, 2023, 10:24:00 AM »

One up by me is pretty darn good.
Like a lot of places they can vary greatly depending on location and workers.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2060 on: October 04, 2023, 10:27:37 AM »
My $50 comment isn't knocking Waffle House specifically- it could be Denny's or whoever, with the point being they are known for inexpensive meals. I won't pay $50 for the #3 at McDonalds either.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2061 on: October 04, 2023, 10:41:24 AM »
There's been a spate of prominent Lefties and Democrats (in a Venn diagram, the circles would overlap almost perfectly) becoming victims of violent crime over the past year.

I SHOULD say I'm sorry to see it happen.

But I won't, since they're primarily the ones who ENABLE violent crime. Along with a whole host of other societal ills.

The violent criminals and crazies (that's two distinct groups) are feeling emboldened and are starting to spill out of the ghettos and liminal spaces and into the neighborhoods where the Normies live.  It'll be interesting to see the reaction as this accelerates, especially during an election year.  Leftist Americans are basically wannabe Europeans, and as the saying goes: Europeans can go from zero to Jackboot in 5 secs flat. 

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2062 on: October 04, 2023, 10:43:53 AM »
Nothing makes me happier than seeing a "defund the police" supporter bloodied and crying on the internet about how they were just the victim of a crim.... er... misguided individual.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2063 on: October 04, 2023, 11:53:04 AM »
The violent criminals and crazies (that's two distinct groups) are feeling emboldened and are starting to spill out of the ghettos and liminal spaces and into the neighborhoods where the Normies live.  It'll be interesting to see the reaction as this accelerates, especially during an election year.  Leftist Americans are basically wannabe Europeans, and as the saying goes: Europeans can go from zero to Jackboot in 5 secs flat.
I saw someone talking about the Dirty Harry movies and Death Wish movies.  Both came out at a time when the justice system was seen as a revolving door and crime was rampant.  If Hollywood wasn't so full of political correctness, we would see a whole bunch of similar movies now.  I think there is one coming up. 

Here it is.  Silent Night (2023) Official Trailer - Joel Kinnaman, Scott Mescudi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBnTqn0lBDA

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2064 on: October 04, 2023, 12:31:44 PM »
60 days in jail for calling a fat lesbian a... well.. a fat lesbian

Could be more to this

Swiss writer who called journalist 'fat lesbian' sentenced to 60 days in prison, LGBTQ groups applaud decision
https://www.foxnews.com/world/swiss-writer-called-journalist-fat-lesbian-sentenced-60-days-prison-lgbtq-groups-applaud-decision.

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2065 on: October 04, 2023, 12:42:15 PM »
60 days in jail for calling a fat lesbian a... well.. a fat lesbian

Could be more to this

Swiss writer who called journalist 'fat lesbian' sentenced to 60 days in prison, LGBTQ groups applaud decision
https://www.foxnews.com/world/swiss-writer-called-journalist-fat-lesbian-sentenced-60-days-prison-lgbtq-groups-applaud-decision.

I read a couple of articles on it and didn't see any background info that would justify this punishment.

On a related note, a ten year old Australian autistic girl was suspended for telling a boy not to use the girls restroom. The school policy stated: "behaving in a manner that posed a danger, whether actual, perceived or threatened, to the health, safety, or wellbeing of any person".

You could punish anyone for anything using those criteria, and really, they would make the girl the victim, not the boy whose parents told him he's a girl so they could get lefty points.

https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2023/10/04/australian-school-suspends-10-year-old-n2388105

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2066 on: October 04, 2023, 02:18:48 PM »

I'm pretty good friends with the guy that owns all the Waffle House restaurants in Tulsa. He's got some pretty good stories to tell.  =D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2067 on: October 04, 2023, 02:37:54 PM »
I saw someone talking about the Dirty Harry movies and Death Wish movies.  Both came out at a time when the justice system was seen as a revolving door and crime was rampant.  If Hollywood wasn't so full of political correctness, we would see a whole bunch of similar movies now.  I think there is one coming up. 

Here it is.  Silent Night (2023) Official Trailer - Joel Kinnaman, Scott Mescudi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBnTqn0lBDA
Looks decent from the trailer. There HAVE been a few other movies in the same vein - The Brave One, Peppermint, and Law Abiding Citizen just to name three.

. . .  Swiss writer who called journalist 'fat lesbian' sentenced to 60 days in prison . . .
I didn't realize that in Switzerland of all places, the truth is no defense - if you say something true that another individual doesn't like, you're a criminal.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2068 on: October 04, 2023, 02:55:53 PM »
Doesn't most of Europe have those laws that essentially make it illegal to offend someone? 

Thanks for the movie mentions.  I will look them up.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #2069 on: October 04, 2023, 03:57:09 PM »
Waffle House: Arm up, Eat up!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2070 on: October 05, 2023, 09:52:48 AM »
When you become a victim of the city you wanted
Ryan Carson, social justice advocate, stabbed to death in Crown Heights

Ryan Carson, 32, is stabbed to death while waiting at bus stop with his girlfriend in unprovoked attack by unhinged thug

How to make it about guns

The far right gloating over the murder of a progressive young man on his way home from a wedding is among the most morally abominable things I've ever seen on this website.
    — Eric Levitz (@EricLevitz) October 4, 2023
.It should perhaps go without saying, but the "point" they think they are making is idiotic. No set of criminal justice policies could ever fully eliminate random homicides, and the right is committed to making it easy for criminals to access handguns.
— Eric Levitz (@EricLevitz) October 4, 2023

And he gets the grave dancing bit thrown back in his face

NY Mag TOOL accusing the Right of gloating over activist's death trips SPECTACULARLY over his own tweets
https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/10/05/eric-levitz-far-right-floating-over-death-of-young-man-n2388145

- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2071 on: October 05, 2023, 11:46:20 AM »
I think some on the left see it as gloating, but most of what I saw was either "I told you so" type responses or maybe people pointing out leftists reaping the results of their own policies.  Is that gloating?  Maybe the latter.  Considering many leftists will often deny there is a problem, stores like this at least highlight the issue.

The first time I saw the video I was a bit surprised those two had seemingly zero awareness that guy was walking by.  He seemed a bit sketchy and someone I would have watched out form.  Also, I got the impression the guy intervened in something that was happening just down the street which started the confrontation.  I haven't seen anyone talk about that. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2072 on: October 05, 2023, 11:54:29 AM »
The first time I saw the video I was a bit surprised those two had seemingly zero awareness that guy was walking by.  He seemed a bit sketchy and someone I would have watched out form.  Also, I got the impression the guy intervened in something that was happening just down the street which started the confrontation.  I haven't seen anyone talk about that.

They're not sketchy, they're oppressed and misunderstood
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2073 on: October 05, 2023, 12:02:01 PM »
Suspect arrested

And this info
Dowling was previously described as 'emotionally and mentally disturbed'.

He is understood to work at a school in Clinton Hill and is so unhinged that his own aunt reported him to police two months ago after he broke his girlfriend's belongings in a fight.
So they let him work at a school   :facepalm:

And more info about the victim and his GF

Carson spearheaded liberal causes like creating supervised drug injection sites across the city.

His girlfriend, according to now locked-down social media profiles, was an avid BLM activist who, among other remarks, used the cop-hating acronym ACAB in some posts.

Their friends say he would consider his killer the 'victim of a broken system' and would want his death to be used to continue advocating for social justice causes.
Yeah....

Suspect Brian Dowling, 18, is arrested for fatal stabbing of Brooklyn community activist Ryan Thoresen Carson in apartment five minutes from where attack took place
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12598385/Suspect-arrested-stabbing-Brooklyn-community-activist-Ryan-Thoresen-Carson.html 

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2074 on: October 06, 2023, 10:44:42 AM »
So these insane "friends of Ryan" started a gofundme. For funeral expenses? Nope. To fund their own time off work to "process the event".

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/10/05/friends-of-murdered-activist-start-gofundme-so-they-can-take-off-work-to-process-it-all-n2388176

More of his "death to conservatives" tweets have also been found, and his girlfriend refused to cooperate with police. I watched the video, and after it happened, it looked to me as if she just stood there with a "whatever" look on her. She looked emotionless to me.