Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 122186 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #2125 on: November 04, 2023, 10:23:42 AM »
I'm a human cat and had my first piercing aged 11 - trolls calls me 'disturb' but this is how I express myself
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12693581/I-ear-piercing-eleven-want-human-cat.html
She's a hideous 22 now. I wonder how she'll feel about herself as she - and her tats & implants - age over the next couple of decades.

If she even lasts that long with everything she has going on.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2126 on: November 04, 2023, 10:34:17 AM »
I wonder … has she ever seen a picture of a cat?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2127 on: November 04, 2023, 10:36:00 AM »
She's a hideous 22 now. I wonder how she'll feel about herself as she - and her tats & implants - age over the next couple of decades.

If she even lasts that long with everything she has going on.

I'm always curious about the doctors, who supposedly take the Hippocratic Oath, who agree to perform surgeries like this.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2128 on: November 04, 2023, 10:41:10 AM »
I'm always curious about the doctors, who supposedly take the Hippocratic Oath, who agree to perform surgeries like this.
Are they typically performed by medical doctors?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2129 on: November 04, 2023, 10:45:33 AM »
Are they typically performed by medical doctors?

I guess some stuff - even eye dyeing - is done by tattoo artists and "botox technicians" or whatever, but it seems like splitting tongues and creating "horns" and stuff would need to be done by a doctor / plastic surgeon, no?

I mean, I guess it all could be done by "back room 'doctors' ", but that makes the "patient" even more of a moron, IMO.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2130 on: November 04, 2023, 04:26:48 PM »
Researchers have made a groundbreaking medical discovery this week, discovering a miracle cure for gender dysphoria called "Deleting TikTok".

"The results are truly stunning," Dr. Erik Mendez told reporters. "By simply deleting this one app, patients are being cured of their symptoms in a matter of days. After billions of dollars spent and countless lives destroyed, the simplicity of the cure is simply astounding."

Researchers Discover Miracle Cure For Gender Dysphoria Called 'Deleting TikTok'
https://babylonbee.com/news/brilliant-doctor-cures-gender-dysphoria-by-deleting-patients-tiktok-app
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2131 on: November 05, 2023, 08:40:56 AM »
Author comes out as transgender man after his wife came out as trans woman - and pair, who have a trans daughter, now live in a four-way relationship with their trans lovers
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12694447/Author-comes-transgender-man-wife-came-trans-woman-pair-trans-daughter-live-four-way-relationship-trans-lovers.html

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2132 on: November 05, 2023, 08:45:15 AM »
Author comes out as transgender man after his wife came out as trans woman -

Point of order: "Her wife", not "his wife". If you come out as a transgender man, you're not actually a man.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2133 on: November 05, 2023, 08:48:08 AM »
Point of order: "Her wife", not "his wife". If you come out as a transgender man, you're not actually a man.

I'm not going to even try to sort out that mess.
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2134 on: November 05, 2023, 11:50:04 AM »
These people are from Toronto? Canada?

Note to self: If ever I visit Canada - DON'T DRINK THE WATER. They're putting something nasty in it to cause this cluster <bleep>
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2135 on: November 06, 2023, 09:30:42 AM »
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
In other words, get involved you get sued, don't you get sued

Why they don't sue the people who just stood there filming it?
That was a rhetorical question

California teen's mom sues McDonald's following attack, says staff 'did nothing to intervene'
https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/california-teens-mom-sues-mcdonalds-following-attack-claims-staff-did-nothing-intervene
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2136 on: November 07, 2023, 07:28:11 AM »
And the craziness continues

Indiana University's medical school DEFENDS decision to erase women from linguistic guide and instead refer to them as 'people with cervices' https://t.co/EPk7umOLu4 pic.twitter.com/cuX2cM9EWJ
    — Daily Mail US (@DailyMail) November 6, 2023

And remember folks, they view themselves as the Enlightened Ones

Indiana University Medical School Erases Women, Will Use ‘People With Cervices’
https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2023/11/06/indiana-university-medical-school-erases-women-will-use-people-with-cervixes-n2389479
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2137 on: November 07, 2023, 09:25:03 AM »
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
In other words, get involved you get sued, don't you get sued

Why they don't sue the people who just stood there filming it?
That was a rhetorical question

California teen's mom sues McDonald's following attack, says staff 'did nothing to intervene'
https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/california-teens-mom-sues-mcdonalds-following-attack-claims-staff-did-nothing-intervene

Is there any sort of established common law on this?  Seems to me that assigning liability to bystanders is guaranteed to be blown out of proportion by lawyers going forward.  Most especially if it was just a fight and the victim did not get hurt severely. 

As far as the "did not intervene" part, I am not sure that is a good idea for anyone.  Seems to me that can often result in you getting attacked and the mob watching you now or helping beat you down.  If you are successful at breaking it up, the same people might just sue you for getting involved. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2138 on: November 07, 2023, 01:58:31 PM »
Kill 'em all. Let God sort it out.
 [ar15]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #2139 on: November 07, 2023, 06:19:55 PM »
Kill 'em all. Let God sort it out. [ar15]

Amen to that !!
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2140 on: November 09, 2023, 08:25:42 AM »
https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2023/11/08/institute-of-physics-dei-n2389557

That's a guy.

(Yes, this is going to be my new shtick around here. I am just over forcing me to call men in dresses women).

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2141 on: November 09, 2023, 08:27:39 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2142 on: November 09, 2023, 08:31:43 AM »
I am just over forcing me to call men in dresses women).

Oh look, a puppy
Said no one ever.

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2143 on: November 09, 2023, 08:45:03 AM »
Use the wrong pronoun at the HHS and you may get fired

The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has rolled out a new gender pronoun policy that one Heritage Foundation expert and former HHS official says violates employee rights and will result in firings for "misgendering."
Severino first broke the story on X, formerly Twitter, last week. He wrote that HHS "imposed a transgender pronoun mandate on its employees who will now be forced to deny biological realities with their own words or face firing" and he included a screenshot of an email sent to employees at the department.

New 'Orwellian' HHS pronoun mandate forces employees to 'deny reality,' violate law: legal expert
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-orwellian-hhs-pronoun-mandate-forces-employees-to-deny-reality-violate-law-legal-expert

It's a freaking minefield out there now.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2144 on: November 09, 2023, 10:42:55 AM »
On that note

School staff would be required to address Colorado students by their preferred name under a new bill a state youth council advanced. Refusal to do so would constitute discrimination.

But I not could help but notice the irony in this

Students from the Colorado Youth Advisory Council (COYAC) voted in late October to send three bills to the state Legislative Council. Two of the three bills involve gender identity, and the third focuses on increasing access to mental health support.

See it?

Failing to address students by preferred name would be discrimination under new Colorado bill pushed by youth
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/failing-address-students-preferred-name-discrimination-new-colorado-bill-pushed-youth

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2145 on: November 09, 2023, 11:33:51 AM »
How many woke excuses can she come up with?  :facepalm:

The best one is she suffers from PTSD around white people
She's white
Although generational trauma is a close 2nd.

https://twitter.com/CatchUpFeed/status/1722386735550624027?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 11:49:43 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2146 on: November 09, 2023, 11:45:04 AM »
. . .
Failing to address students by preferred name would be discrimination under new Colorado bill pushed by youth
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/failing-address-students-preferred-name-discrimination-new-colorado-bill-pushed-youth
BACK IN MY DAY . . . had something like this been instituted, most of the student body would have informed the powers that be that henceforth in the spirit of inclusive diversity, they ALL were to be addressed as Trayvon Ming Running Bear Gonzales.

Or perhaps the name of the school principal.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #2147 on: November 09, 2023, 12:57:36 PM »
https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2023/11/08/institute-of-physics-dei-n2389557

That's a guy.

(Yes, this is going to be my new shtick around here. I am just over forcing me to call men in dresses women).

Easy fix.  Just call them all "pussies".
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2148 on: November 09, 2023, 08:36:19 PM »
Use the wrong pronoun at the HHS and you may get fired

New 'Orwellian' HHS pronoun mandate forces employees to 'deny reality,' violate law: legal expert
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-orwellian-hhs-pronoun-mandate-forces-employees-to-deny-reality-violate-law-legal-expert

It's a freaking minefield out there now.

The way around that is to not use pronouns. Make the sentences as awkward as possible so it's obvious what you're doing.
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2149 on: November 09, 2023, 10:03:52 PM »
The way around that is to not use pronouns. Make the sentences as awkward as possible so it's obvious what you're doing.

I like the idea, as long as we realize that no one can keep that up for more than a few sentences. I doubt even hardline gender-benders can stay consistent with the pronoun games for any length of time. It's just a scam. Like EVs relying on fossil fuels and environmentally questionable mining. Or like anyone trying to pretend there's no absolute truth.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife