Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 122268 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #2150 on: November 10, 2023, 01:02:33 AM »
I like the idea, as long as we realize that no one can keep that up for more than a few sentences. I doubt even hardline gender-benders can stay consistent with the pronoun games for any length of time. It's just a scam. Like EVs relying on fossil fuels and environmentally questionable mining. Or like anyone trying to pretend there's no absolute truth.
That and unless all the people walk around with name pronoun tags on all the time, there is no way anyone would be able to keep up.  Especially when students change pronouns daily/hourly.  The people drafting these rules won't be able to comply with them.  Just allows them to selectively punish anyone they choose.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2151 on: November 10, 2023, 09:47:22 AM »
Just happened to come across this
The Center for Community College Partnerships (CCCP) at UCLA develops and strengthens academic partnerships between California community colleges and the University of California (UC). Through a multi-faceted approach with efforts at the student, faculty and administrative levels, CCCP works to increase the academic preparation and competitiveness for prospective community college transfer students, particularly those who are first-generation, low-income, and/or historically underrepresented. CCCP also helps community colleges and universities develop transfer-sending cultures and transfer-receptive cultures, respectively
https://www.aap.ucla.edu/units/cccp/

CCCP, fitting for a program at a college.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2152 on: November 10, 2023, 11:10:49 AM »
Meanwhile in the city of brotherly love

Armed Philadelphia teens terrorize neighborhood pizza shop employees and steal $3,000 - before going on to abduct 22-year-old man waiting for a bus
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12733367/Armed-Philadelphia-teens-terrorize-pizza-shop-employees.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2153 on: November 11, 2023, 04:54:59 PM »
Your Veteran's Day feel good message of the day

Military affiliation is today the single strongest predictor of extremist mass violence in America.https://t.co/6IXThkpZqp
    — The Nation (@thenation) November 8, 2023

The Nation Celebrates Veteran's Day By Saying Military Service Leads to 'Extremist Mass Violence'
https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2023/11/11/the-nation-military-extremism-n2389672

Yeah.....
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2154 on: November 11, 2023, 04:59:20 PM »
The source article
Probably the most anti military article I've ever seen
I feel like I need a shower after visiting the site

The Pentagon’s Flailing Campaign Against Hate
https://www.thenation.com/article/archive/the-pentagons-flailing-campaign-against-hate/?utm_campaign=SproutSocial&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=thenation
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2155 on: November 11, 2023, 05:12:53 PM »
Related: The FBI thinks former military service may lead to "disloyalty" by it's agents.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/nov/10/whistleblowers-fbi-officials-singled-out-agents-wh
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2156 on: November 11, 2023, 06:50:59 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #2157 on: November 11, 2023, 10:24:09 PM »
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2158 on: November 11, 2023, 11:37:45 PM »

Joke's on them. Whites used their tricknology to be the white side and the right side. Pwnage!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2159 on: November 12, 2023, 07:57:17 AM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2160 on: November 12, 2023, 08:13:28 AM »
Our enemies are shaking in their boots...........Laughing
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2161 on: November 12, 2023, 11:42:29 AM »
Sorry, that's NOT her natural body.
Pass the eye bleach

EXCLUSIVE: Plus-size woman who has spent years battling food addiction becomes an online SENSATION with tens of thousands of followers after finally embracing her natural body
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12736021/Plus-size-woman-food-addiction-influencer.html
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 12:33:47 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2162 on: November 12, 2023, 12:33:00 PM »

EXCLUSIVE: Plus-size woman

Just a random thought, do tattoo artists charge larger people more to do a tattoo because invariably the tattoo will be larger and use more ink and take more time in order to be proportional to the size of the canvas (or whatever they call it)? I would guess they do.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2164 on: November 13, 2023, 08:37:19 AM »
Just a random thought, do tattoo artists charge larger people more to do a tattoo because invariably the tattoo will be larger and use more ink and take more time in order to be proportional to the size of the canvas (or whatever they call it)? I would guess they do.

bob

Charge by the acre
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2165 on: November 13, 2023, 08:40:23 AM »
I believe they typically charge based on the size and complexity of the tattoo.  The same small tattoo on a big person wouldn't typically cost more, but if you scale it to fit the canvas, then yes, it would cost more.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #2166 on: November 13, 2023, 09:27:08 PM »
Sorry, that's NOT her natural body.
Pass the eye bleach

EXCLUSIVE: Plus-size woman who has spent years battling food addiction becomes an online SENSATION with tens of thousands of followers after finally embracing her natural body
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12736021/Plus-size-woman-food-addiction-influencer.html

With a woman (??) like that, you don't know if you are in the "right spot" or just a "groove".  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #2167 on: November 13, 2023, 09:33:54 PM »
Female reproductive health charity sparks outrage for appointing trans woman as CEO: 'Absolute disaster'

(More insanity)

https://www.foxnews.com/media/female-reproductive-health-charity-outrage-appointing-trans-woman-ceo

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2168 on: November 13, 2023, 10:01:50 PM »
With a woman (??) like that, you don't know if you are in the "right spot" or just a "groove".  [barf]

That is why they invented flour....ya know?   ;)

bob

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2169 on: November 14, 2023, 09:28:42 AM »
Food addiction?  Really?  Isn't every critter on the planet "addicted" to food of some sort?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2170 on: November 14, 2023, 09:34:31 AM »
Food addiction?  Really?  Isn't every critter on the planet "addicted" to food of some sort?
Yeah, but I’ve really gotten dependent on huffing air.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2171 on: November 14, 2023, 09:36:53 AM »
Yeah, but I’ve really gotten dependent on huffing air.

You really should get help.  That stuff will kill ya!
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2172 on: November 14, 2023, 09:47:30 AM »
You really should get help.  That stuff will kill ya!
Look, I can quit any time I want, but I just don’t want to deal with the withdrawal. It doesn’t last that long, but it is intense.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2173 on: November 15, 2023, 08:53:05 AM »
Seeing this more and more lately where a mob of feral youths swarm and loot a delivery truck. Plenty of videos out of Amazon trucks getting looted.
Why go to a store to loot when the store comes to you?

Video shows moment mob of FORTY people loot FedEx truck while it's stopped at red light in Memphis
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12749747/FedEx-loot-truck-Tennessee-Memphis-theft.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2174 on: November 15, 2023, 09:01:48 AM »
Seeing this more and more lately where a mob of feral youth swarms and loots a delivery truck. Plenty of videos out of Amazon trucks getting looted.
Why go to a store to loot when the store comes to you?

Video shows moment mob of FORTY people loot FedEx truck while it's stopped at red light in Memphis
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12749747/FedEx-loot-truck-Tennessee-Memphis-theft.html

It seems like an easy and cheap fix would be to reinforce the door latches and make sure the drivers lock them during deliveries. Maybe a three digit combo code for relatively fast access to the the back for the driver. These are all smash and grabs, so even just a couple of minutes of theft resistance seems like it would stop most of them.

Of course places like Amazon probably measure delivery efficiency in seconds, so an extra 15 minutes a day per vehicle to lock and unlock doors are not cost efficient for them.