Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 122212 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #2175 on: November 15, 2023, 03:29:26 PM »
Get your pride nutcracker at Target
yeah....
Lets see how this goes for them

The retailer has a range of Christmas decorations available this year including Santas of various ethnicities in wheelchairs and a toy soldier carrying the LGBTQ+ Pride flag and wearing a rainbow hat. It comes after the company suffered losses when shoppers boycotted Target for stocking Pride month merchandise and transgender friendly swimwear earlier this year.

Target Sparks Conservative Outrage Over 'Woke' Christmas Ornaments
https://www.newsweek.com/target-christmas-ornaments-backlash-woke-lgbtq-black-santa-1843896

TARGET HIRES PRIDE STRATEGIST WHO VOWS TO ‘MAKE TROUBLE,’ DEBUTS RAINBOW NUTCRACKERS FOR CHRISTMAS
https://www.outkick.com/target-hires-pride-strategist-who-vows-to-make-trouble-debuts-rainbow-nutcrackers-for-christmas/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2176 on: November 15, 2023, 07:44:33 PM »
yeah....

https://www.newsweek.com/target-christmas-ornaments-backlash-woke-lgbtq-black-santa-1843896

TARGET HIRES PRIDE STRATEGIST WHO VOWS TO ‘MAKE TROUBLE,’ DEBUTS RAINBOW NUTCRACKERS FOR CHRISTMAS
https://www.outkick.com/target-hires-pride-strategist-who-vows-to-make-trouble-debuts-rainbow-nutcrackers-for-christmas/

Because nothing unites people like racializing Santa Claus.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2177 on: November 16, 2023, 08:17:50 AM »
Got to make sure they know how to be gangsta young  :facepalm:

Parents are slammed for viral video showing young children playing with ultra-realistic guns and flashing cash at 'NBA YoungBoy themed' birthday party
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12754485/viral-video-NBA-YoungBoy-themed-kids-birthday-party.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2178 on: November 16, 2023, 12:04:10 PM »
yeah....

Enter the Babylon Bee

Target Releases Trans Muslim Chinese Quadruple Amputee Santa
https://babylonbee.com/news/target-releases-trans-muslim-chinese-quadruple-amputee-santa
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2179 on: November 16, 2023, 06:57:05 PM »
Remember Miss Universe announced it was allowing trans contestants?
Well they've filed bankruptcy and some are blaming the woke move.

Miss Universe judge reveals bankruptcy likely due to 'outrage' over transgender organizer
https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/miss-universe-judge-reveals-bankruptcy-due-outrage-transgender-organizer
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2180 on: November 16, 2023, 07:31:04 PM »
Remember Miss Universe announced it was allowing trans contestants?
Well they've filed bankruptcy and some are blaming the woke move.

Miss Universe judge reveals bankruptcy likely due to 'outrage' over transgender organizer
https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/miss-universe-judge-reveals-bankruptcy-due-outrage-transgender-organizer

Get woke go broke.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2181 on: November 19, 2023, 01:39:19 PM »
Rent-a-Girl Friend

Revealed: Loneliness epidemic in Japan has led to the rise in popularity of websites offering fake girlfriends and boyfriends who can be RENTED
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-12767753/Loneliness-epidemic-Japan-led-rise-popularity-websites-offering-fake-girlfriends-boyfriends-RENT.html

Jaggard said after the date: 'It was the most ridiculous, expensive date I've ever had - but we enjoyed it and it's still cheaper than having an actual girlfriend.'

Didn't they use to call these prostitutes?
Girl in HS actually did a paper for economics class on why it was cheaper for a guy to hire a prostitute once in awhile compared to keeping a GF
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2182 on: November 19, 2023, 02:38:24 PM »
^^^

I seem to recall reading about that a couple of years ago, so it has been ongoing. Though I'm pretty sure what I read was just about platonic stuff - no hanky panky for ducats.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2183 on: November 19, 2023, 02:43:24 PM »
^^^

I seem to recall reading about that a couple of years ago, so it has been ongoing. Though I'm pretty sure what I read was just about platonic stuff - no hanky panky for ducats.

Wink Wink
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #2184 on: November 19, 2023, 02:44:06 PM »
Rent-a-Girl Friend

I thought this was about one of the 2 "Rent A Girlfriend" animes that are out from Japan.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2185 on: November 19, 2023, 09:36:18 PM »
Look, I can quit any time I want, but I just don’t want to deal with the withdrawal. It doesn’t last that long, but it is intense.
From what I hear if you substitute nitrogen the withdrawal is quick, painless and lasts.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2186 on: November 19, 2023, 10:07:39 PM »
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2187 on: November 21, 2023, 08:34:48 AM »
Pelosi poops her depends because you walked through the capital building  - 19yrs
Carjack a grandma then drag her behind the vehicle until she rips apart - 20yrs

I bet I know which one will get out first

Something ain't right here.

Three Louisiana teens who carjacked New Orleans woman, 73, and dismembered her by dragging her behind her vehicle strike plea deals that'll see them jailed for 20 years
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12773761/Louisiana-teens-carjacked-Linda-Frickey-New-Orleans-plea-deal-20-years.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2188 on: November 21, 2023, 10:38:27 AM »
According to the article, these three were the passengers in the car, not the driver.  The quotes from the sister seem to indicate she wants to bury the driver.  That part sounds good.
I have a bad feeling the plea deal means a chance for parole pretty quick.  We'll see.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2189 on: November 21, 2023, 10:54:28 AM »
Pelosi poops her depends because you walked through the capital building  - 19yrs
Carjack a grandma then drag her behind the vehicle until she rips apart - 20yrs

I bet I know which one will get out first

Something ain't right here.

Three Louisiana teens who carjacked New Orleans woman, 73, and dismembered her by dragging her behind her vehicle strike plea deals that'll see them jailed for 20 years
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12773761/Louisiana-teens-carjacked-Linda-Frickey-New-Orleans-plea-deal-20-years.html

Take them out in to the swamp, shoot them in the knees and leave them for the 'gators.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2190 on: November 21, 2023, 12:15:11 PM »
Deleted
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2192 on: November 22, 2023, 08:43:26 AM »
https://gab.com/Big_Daddy_CorkUSMC/posts/111443101708856509/media/1
Seeing this, I think . . . why NOT defund the police? They're not doing any police work, are they?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2196 on: November 27, 2023, 04:45:46 PM »
. . . Three Louisiana teens who carjacked New Orleans woman, 73, and dismembered her by dragging her behind her vehicle strike plea deals that'll see them jailed for 20 years
In 1998, three white guys in Texas kidnapped a black man, James Byrd, and dragged him behind their vehicle to his death. Texas caught, prosecuted, and convicted all three - two got the death penalty and have been executed, the last one got a life sentence and is spending 23 hours a day in a 6 x 8 foot jail cell to protect him from the other inmates. Somehow he'll be eligible for parole in 2038, but given the ghastly nature of his crime, he's unlikely to get it.

Draw your own conclusions about the differences in sentencing.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2198 on: November 27, 2023, 10:04:12 PM »
Did someone mention feral kids?

Horrifying moment mass brawl breaks out at North Carolina high school before student is stabbed to death and another suffers knife wounds - as cops arrest suspect
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12797119/NC-southeast-raleigh-high-school-stabbing-dead.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2199 on: November 28, 2023, 07:21:46 AM »
THAT CLERK SHOULDN'T HAVE BROUGHT A GUN TO WORK! (Not the Babylon Bee)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1729149916008821178

https://twitchy.com/chad-felix-greene/2023/11/27/wasnt-he-robbing-the-store-with-a-gun-family-of-slain-armed-robber-outraged-employee-had-a-gun-n2390211

Not long after I left the newspaper there was a police involved shooting in the town. During a street fair the local well-known drunkard and all around scumbag got REALLY handsy with a woman who didn't want to be groped. She yelled, police foot patrol responded, and scumbag took off with police in pursuit.

Scumbag ducks into an alley, pulls a crappy .22, and starts popping off at the officers when they enter after him. Gets several hits on the cops, mostly vest hits, but hits one of them in the elbow and the other one in the hip.

They light his ass up. Multiple hits on the guy, resulting in him bleeding out well before emergency services can arrive. Both cops hospitalized, the guy who was shot in the elbow ends up on disability retirement. State police investigate, find the shooting to be 100% justified, book closed.

Scumbag's family, also well-known scumbags, is screeching bloody murder about their family member being murdered, being executed, whatever soundbite sounds good for the local media, and finds themself a bottom feeder to file a wrongful death suit for millions and millions.

Didn't end well for them. I'm not sure if the case was out and out dismissed it or if the jury told them to pound sand, but ultimately the family got absolutely nothing. Which was far more than they should have gotten for the deceased scumbag.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.