Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 122182 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #2200 on: November 28, 2023, 11:58:31 AM »
Got to change prehistoric history to match the narrative as well now.
But lets remember this is coming from people who can't even define a woman.

Their study found that not only did prehistoric women engage in the practice of hunting, but their female anatomy and biology would have made them intrinsically better suited for it.

'Rather than viewing it as a way of erasing or rewriting history, our studies are trying to correct the history that erased women from it,' said Dr Cara Ocobock, lead author of the study.

The findings show that the female body is better suited for endurance activity, which would have been critical in early hunting.

The main reasons for this biological advantage are hormones - in this case, oestrogen and adiponectin, which are typically present in higher quantities in female bodies than in male.

Guess that's why trans-woman dominate actual women in sports. Oh wait...that doesn't fit the narrative
'With the typically wider hip structure of the female, they are able to rotate their hips, lengthening their steps,' Professor Ocobock added.

'The longer steps you can take, the "cheaper" they are metabolically, and the farther you can get, faster.

Lets just completely ignore the fact men's averages in running sports is on another level from woman's

Debunking the myth of the male hunter: Prehistoric women were BETTER at hunting than men, study claims
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-12799713/Debunking-myth-male-hunter-Prehistoric-women-BETTER-hunting-men-study-claims.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2201 on: November 28, 2023, 12:09:01 PM »
You want to explain to them what the wider hips are actually for? Oh wait... men can have babies too, nevermind.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2202 on: November 28, 2023, 02:32:19 PM »
How about NO

Would YOU order one? Scientists claim we should rename vegan burgers 'Juicy American burgers' to make them more appealing to meat lovers
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-12800651/Would-order-one-Scientists-claim-rename-vegan-burgers-Juicy-American-burgers-make-appealing-meat-lovers.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2203 on: November 28, 2023, 02:46:57 PM »
Scientists claim we should rename vegan burgers 'Juicy American burgers' to make them more appealing to meat lovers

"Scientists". How embarrassing.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2204 on: November 28, 2023, 03:04:44 PM »
Changing to more appealing names for vegan faux meats might get more folks to order them.  Just once.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2205 on: November 28, 2023, 05:08:54 PM »
Lady Ballers | Official Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py2MzGtmaJ0

New movie about to be released on Daily Wire.  Looks like a throw back to 90's comedies.  If it is funny, it doesn't matter who makes it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2206 on: November 28, 2023, 05:30:08 PM »
Remember when the US was accusing the USSR and the Eastern Block in general of having biological men on women's Olympic teams and crying foul? My how times have changed.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 05:56:19 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2207 on: November 28, 2023, 05:55:42 PM »
That was back when they were found to be using anabolic steroids or something like that, right?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2208 on: November 30, 2023, 02:25:42 PM »
"Cognitive security" to ensure people think correctly. Wow - that is scary to me. It is well worth listening to this five minute testimony by Michael Shellenberger regarding what he found regarding the government's "disinformation security" and censorship strategy.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1730258091818598636

https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/11/30/shellenberger-uk-us-n2390353
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2210 on: December 01, 2023, 07:21:40 AM »
Remember when the US was accusing the USSR and the Eastern Block in general of having biological men on women's Olympic teams and crying foul? My how times have changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofyMrLnYrXc

IIRC the East Germans filed a diplomatic complaint over that commercial.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2213 on: December 03, 2023, 08:44:01 AM »
"He's touching me!"

https://youtube.com/shorts/dNscaYprkvE?si=ecbwadOpRoUw5SjA
Buying 3 adjacent economy seats was cheaper than one First/Business class seat? Maybe. But she'd still have plenty of room - I still remember a (very) few occasions years ago when I enjoyed 3 seats to myself because of low passenger count.

Wrapping them all in plastic? That's either just plain nuts, or an ill-considered publicity stunt to get on YouTube or TikTok.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2214 on: December 03, 2023, 09:10:50 AM »
Wrapping them all in plastic? That's either just plain nuts, or an ill-considered publicity stunt to get on YouTube or TikTok.

My first thought was prank.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2215 on: December 03, 2023, 09:37:22 AM »
I've seen versions of that, but I have a hard time believing the airlines wouldn't notice that only one person checked in to three seats, and sell the other two seats to standby passengers, or the overbooked ones.

I haven't read all the fine print on a ticket, but I'd bet money somewhere in there it says that you have to check in an individual person for each seat or you forfeit the fare.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2216 on: December 03, 2023, 11:03:17 AM »
Appropriate that it appears to be Fruit Loops

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2217 on: December 03, 2023, 11:23:29 AM »
Appropriate that it appears to be Fruit Loops

[img]https://i5.peapod.com/c/OG/OGOSX.png

I guess that's not the Babylon Bee.

Corporate pedophilia.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2218 on: December 03, 2023, 11:41:22 AM »
I guess that's not the Babylon Bee.

Corporate pedophilia.

Nope, not the Babylon Bee
That one was from 2021

This one is from 2019 so not new

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2219 on: December 03, 2023, 11:42:39 AM »
Kellogg's releases limited edition cereal box to stem LGBTQ bullying
https://mashable.com/article/kelloggs-all-together-cereal

Kellogg's says it will donate $50,000 to GLAAD "to support its anti-bullying and LGBTQ advocacy efforts."

"Advocacy"   :facepalm:
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2220 on: December 03, 2023, 12:32:47 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2221 on: December 03, 2023, 03:33:26 PM »
I've seen versions of that, but I have a hard time believing the airlines wouldn't notice that only one person checked in to three seats, and sell the other two seats to standby passengers, or the overbooked ones.

I haven't read all the fine print on a ticket, but I'd bet money somewhere in there it says that you have to check in an individual person for each seat or you forfeit the fare.

I don't fly enough to know, but I imagine there might be a way to buy 3 seats under 3 different names. Of course, the seats might be sold to others when the 2 fake passengers don't show up.

Not that MSN is a reliable source, but they're saying it's a dramatization of an actual event. Not sure where they get that information.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/woman-bought-three-economy-seats-on-an-airplane-and-wrapped-them-in-plastic-in-order-to-create-a-first-class-experience-which-led-to-a-conflict-video/ar-AA1cAFbx

A dramatization video, a reenactment of the airplane incident has gone viral.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2223 on: December 04, 2023, 10:49:08 AM »
I suppose it labels me a nazi, but if someone is so weak that calling them by the wrong pronoun causes them to kill themselves, they were already too weak to live and were just an anchor on the human race and evolution.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2224 on: December 04, 2023, 11:47:44 AM »
I suppose it labels me a nazi, but if someone is so weak that calling them by the wrong pronoun causes them to kill themselves, they were already too weak to live and were just an anchor on the human race and evolution.

https://youtu.be/U86aorxbBRY?t=125
- Calvin and Hobbes